Men in Trees

ABC (ended 2008)

layle1

Men in Trees Fan Reviews (123)

• More shows and less reality

I watched this show from the beginnng. I think it may have been difficult for people to keep up with since you changed days around for the airing. I liked Friday nights and would love to see it back and maybe take some of the reality shows off the air. It saddens me that unless you like the reality shows today there is so little to watch. Bring back "Men in Trees" let us have some laughs that don't glorify some of the ignorance we see in the reality shows. Help us keep up with the shows by keeping the airing nights somewhat steady.
  • This was a very refreshing show!

Never really cared for Anne Heche before. For some reason, I decided to watch the show and I was very pleasantly surprised. Anne was absolutely terrific in this role and I became a fan. I was extremely impressed with her acting ability, as well as how beautiful she looks today. The setting for the series sets it apart from the run-of- the-mill offerings. The dialogue was fresh and each character was well cast. Anne portrayed her character so beautifully. It is a quality show and I would hope that it continues for many seasons. I think it is appropriate for any audience and I wish there were more shows like it.
  • you know this is/was my favorite all time show! I really don't understand Why ABC cancelled it. There are so many more shows that they could have canned in its place. I would lave to know what happen to our wonderful Alaskan friends.PLEASE BRING THEM BACK

you know this is / was my favorite all time show! I really don't understand Why ABC cancelled it. There are so many more shows that they could have canned in its place. I would lave to know what happen to our wonderful Alaskan friends.PLEASE BRING THEM BACK! men in trees was such a awsome show. It was great to see Anne Frist act so well in it. I loved the Alaskan setting made a great setting. And the story line was remarkable H E L L O How could you do take this from us really!?! Please bring back our men in trees
  • Northern Exposure meets Sex and the City

This was a fantastic show, I followed it from day one along with my husband. I am so irritated that ABC keeps dropping all of the shows that I follow (Men in trees, October road, Cashmere Mafia) I invest all of this time into these series and then the loose ends never get tied up. It makes me not want to follow any of the series as they will pry get canceled and then I have wasted my time. I wish that Lifetime would have been able to pick this one up, I am very disappointed to see it go. I really liked her character among others on the show.
  • In mourning over MIT

This show is the greatest. It was the one show I watched every week. No matter what night I had to chase it down on, considering they kept changing the nights, then the writers strike. It seemed like it was one thing after another. It was entertaining and funny, the characters were like real people you couldn't wait until next week to see what was going to happen. I don't understand why they took this show off air but put one on about (Pushing Daisies) a man touching a dead person and bring him back to life for a minute then touching him again and he is dead again. I mean for goodness sake! Men in trees you will be missed! I was so looking forward to seeing more of life in Elmo.
  • I live in Norther Alberta Can. and it is nice to see some new program that is re-freshing and not the same standard shows that are on T.V. at the momement.

It is nice to see people who have everyday problems like us but in a different setting, other then concret citys. Which seem to be every show that is out there at the moment, this one atleast shows wide open spaces, mountains, water,and even the odd wild life. Which I think is GREATTTTT, since the town in the show, is how most of the small towns in the U.S. and Canada are like, from the people to the bars.
    Please keep up the great work, and I look forward to watching your show each week.
  • This was a great show, I was suprising suprised at the show and the cast.

Great show, move it to a different time slot if it is not working. Because given the chance this show could be on for years. It was funny, serious, and on some level real life. I wanted more of the show and I was upset that the show ended before time. I mean I kept wanting more of this show. I should have been a 2 hours special its first night. I will also be watching the repeat Friday. Dancing with the Stars was great to, I love Emmett Smith former member of the Dallas Cowboys. Go Cowboys!! Go Go
  • This show has great potential and I see it rising up to be a favorite for many, including myself.

After watching the first two episodes, I'm enchanted with the character portrayed by Anne Heche. She is a fantastic actress and I think she is going to take Marin Frist on a daring ride to self-discovery. Already this charming character has been knocked down a peg or two from her lofty heights and the characters playing alongside her are wonderful additions to this new series. They are witty, down to earth and funny. This show is a must-see in my book. If you liked Everwood, I promise you'll like this new one this season! Give it a peek, see what the buzz is about and help us help them keep it around!
  • Great Show

I have to say that I did not plan on watching it, but it came on last night after Dancing With the Stars so I left it on, and I have to say that I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed the show, that I went ahead and set it on my dvr to record every week in case I miss it. Great show.
  • Finally a show that appeals to men and women!

I must say, my wife got me hooked on this show during the run of it's first season. The women are well done, and the guys are real guys...not those McFakey guys that women wish we were like. My name is Patrick, but I am a huge Buzz fan. He is just a great guy's guy. So is Dick and Jerome. Jack, even Cash - though he's a bit pretty to be rugged. They aren't talky, extra smooth, or emotional like men on those other shows my wife likes.

That's why this is one of the few shows (besides some of those reality programs) that my wife and I actually watch together. Kudos to the writers. There are no doubt some manly men on THAT staff.

best-
    Patrick
  • Fabulous Cast which very quickly endear you. Great, funny, original and witty script. Makes me want to go there!!!

This is one of the greatest new shows of the season. I look forward to watching it every week and know that my expectations will always be met. How can you go wrong with Anne Heche? she's a natural. The rest of the cast are all extraordinary. Let's just hope that because not thousands and thousands of viewers watch it yet, they don't give it the axe, like they all seem to be doing before the show can even get off the ground.
    Keep this one guys - it hits you in all the right places. Truly for the heart!
  • I miss this show! I have been left hanging, with no idea of what happened to any of the characters. What is the purpose of TV if not to connect with the characters and care enough to come back the next week. Bring back our characters!

I really really enjoyed this show. I came to know the characters and cared enough about them to come back each week to find out what had happened. It is like a good book, you can't stop reading it. But now I find that when I reached the end there is a sequel. This would be great accept the author never bothered to write the sequel!!!! After two years I believe we as viewers deserve some closure. I would like to know if Patrick wins Annie back after treating her so badly without his memory of her, or does she end up with the jerk hockey player. I want Marin and Jack to get married! Let me know how it ends!!!!
  • Rocky Start, But Room to Grow

Anne Heche stars as a relationship coach who has just dumped her fiance after finding out he cheated on her. The show takes place in Alaska, and the scenery and backgrounds during the show are spectacular. I see lots of people thinking about Alaska for their next vacation. I was a little dissapointed with the first episode in that some of it was predictable and stereotypical, but now that the premise haas been laid down, hopefully the show will pick up a bit. I think that people who liked Everwood will appreciate this show. It is similar in that the main character moves to a new town to do some self-discovery. I would say this show is worth an investment of your time. Give it a few weeks and I think it will grow on a lot of people.
  • Best show ever! I must have seen this series about six times by now. I would love to buy the dvd's if I can find them. It really is heartbreaking that Men in Trees got cancelled.

Best show ever! I must have seen this series about six times by now. I would love to buy the dvd's if I can find them. It really is heartbreaking that Men in Trees got cancelled. I'm sure everybody feels like that when their favourite show gets canned, but this is a huge loss to all man kind!
    I can not even find something else remotely as entertaining as Merin and the folkes in Elmo. I sooo hope this is just a bad dream and I can wake up one day with a new series of my all time favourite TV show.
  • I am very, disappointed. The One show, that me and alot of other people looked forward to watching after a long week at our jobs, You just had to take it off the air. Why is it, that the viewers never get a say so in a situation like this?

Deciding whether the TV show stays or go? I feel that there should be some type of poll that could be made up for the public to have the right to decide whether a TV series should be taken off the tube or not. And I am quite sure, that I would have many people that would agree with me on this matter.
    What are the chances of bringing the show back on the air with possibly a 2 hour show? Mainly because just when a viewer really gets involved in the show, it's time for the show to end until next week.
  • a best show on tv

thats what the cancel...the great ones.bring it back.bring it back,bring it back,bring it back dummies........ it was the bst show on tv,no one knows what good tv is no more..they should ask people like me....I was so mad when they took it off.go figure.....I can count on 2 hands the tv shows I love...unlike 10 years ago,i needed 20 hands to count on.....this was a great show...I have no idea why they cancelled it....I was shocked shocked shocked shocked.brint it back bring it back bring it back what more can i say..they are stupid for cancelling it...they have no clue
  • Sorry to hear it will not be returning for 08/09. Show I will miss. Why's it the good ones don't return. I just love them all, each so different make a great show. I will miss it extremely!Writers I guess are having writers block.PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

Best all time classic! I will miss it not returning. Please reconcider. One show I will not skip seeing! It's the best!
    What can I say I am so sad, when I read it in the TV guide today. I just love Jack an Marin's relationship. One can lean so much from them. The comedy was the kind I liked, everyday life and you can relate to them, some of it was so out there that you just couldn't help but laugh. Please bring the show back. I know my writing will not make a difference. I can try! Thanks for listening!
  • Why isn\'t all America watching this show?! It\'s absolutely awesome.

James Tupper is abolutely adorable. His rugged good looks, his hair, his sensual voice makes me come home to watch the show. It doesn\'t matter where I\'m at, I have a date to see this awesome man. Anne Hache is awesome as well, but \"Jack\" certainly makes come back for more. A must-see for all America.
  • men in trees....

must bring back !!!!!!!! there's so much more to happen and not happen. don't let a good thing slip away...... surely you can't be out of a story for this long over due type of show....finally a show that was unlike any other. you know, same show..different name. which is what most of the shows are now. i'm here to tell ya....do not let a good thing slip away. if it's the ratings you frown upon, take a shot and put it in a prime slot....pretty sure you won't be disappointed. Bring it back. I would love to know the reasoning behind cancelling 'men in trees'. If words are failing you for the continued story line may i suggest you invite the dedicated viewers to submit their ideas in story form, you never know... could become the next 'reality type show' with the winners' story being the next season of 'men in trees'.......... Hmmmmm...
  • A good show set in wonderful scenery with great characters.

It was a huge disappointment to me to find that this wonderful show had been cancelled by ABC. I thoroughly enjoyed watching both seasons and learnt a lot about Alaska which I really had not known much about before. I loved the characters, especially Patrick and Annie and Jane and Sam, and the acting was lovely throughout. Why such a well-written and beautifully photographed show was cancelled is a complete mystery to me. It would be so great if it could come back. Especially as the last episode was terrible as far as concluding a series goes. Bring it back!
  • Another one bites the dust...

Another one bites the dust.
    It was nice while it lasted. Probably not the best show on TV, but surely entertaining if you feel like something light and girly right after watching CSI, House and Fear Itself ;)
    It was my lunch break company. You know, something breezy, something that even if you stop following and get drifted away while gulping the third bite of pasta, it is OK because nothing mind-blowing really happened, but still pleasant to be there as a backdrop. Shame it had to end. It was a satisfying ending nevertheless. Now what am I going to watch during lunch? "Weeds" maybe?
  • I love men in trees...a very original, clean, with great characters, story, scenery...one of the most enjoyable shows in a long time..a sheer pleasure to watch

MIT one of the best shows on TV in a long time...I looked forward every week for it...would not go anywhere or answer my phone..

Wonderful story. never boring.. well written and acted, every episode stands on it own, yet the story continues keepping one's interest till the following week. so different from the sitcoms, shoot them ups, reality shows, etc. MIT just has class

now ABC is cancelling it...Please do not cancel this show...you have a winner on your hands..give it a steady weekly slot...promote it a little and the show will experience a big growth...ABC changed the days and times so much, hard for a show to survive ...everyone I referred MIT loved it but questioned the different air times ..

A nice, wonderful show will do well if you give it a chance...Thanks
  • I love the show reconcider and bring it back at the fall, Im talking for a me and a few friends and neighbors from Miami Florida

I Love the show I have it to tape in my DVR just in case im not home and I miss it.
    Their so many shows on TV about criminal, police, killing, some are reak and some are made up but none like this show Men in Trees was a unique show,I got to see and learn more about Alaska and how the people live their even if the show was not tape their but it made imaging how the other side lives, im very dissapointed that the show was cancel I hope you guys reconsider and bring it back in the fall.Im talking for a few of my frinds and neighbors too.
    Here in a small area of Miami Florida.
  • THERE IS NO ADEQUATE REASON MEN IN TREES IS BEING CANCELLED ~ IT IS THE ONLY THING ON IN THE EVENING WORTHWHILE WATCHING WITHOUT ALL THE VIOLENCE, ETC.

There is no adequate reason Men In Trees is being cancelled ~ It is The ONLY thing on in the evening worthwhile watching without all the violence, etc. There is more to life than the reallity TV shows ~ ~ Some of us have "REALITY TV" lifestyles and would rather escape ~ taking MIT off the air removces our escapism ability.

How sad the world would rather see death & destruction than an actual happy show that allows you to escape the hurried days of regular da-to-day life. MIT is refreshing and should be on the air permanently ~ there is really alot to love about the show.
  • Jerome rocks!!

This is the best show out there! There is something for everyone! My husband (who reminds me of Jerome - looks and wit wise, anyway) also counts himself as a fan, though he won't let me or anyone else refer to him as a TreeHugger. But, when we get home from work on Friday's (soon to be Wednesday) nights...after the dinner is consumed, dishes washed, kids tucked in...we pop the popcorn, open a couple of beers and settle in with our favorite Elmoians! (Only you guys who watch will get that one!!)

Anyway, just wanted to jump on here and put in my two cents. The folks over on the Men in Trees message board suggested I share the love and that's what I'm doing!

Love to the cast, crew, and writers! Hope you get this strike stuff settled soon!!

Felmo
  • Men in Trees - a show for the adult who truly enjoys entertainment without the unneccessary trash that belongs on a late night cable station. It's easy to fall into the heart of this show and understand where the characters are coming from.

This is a rare find amidst such garbage that is on the television these days. Men in Trees offers a very well written story along with a superb cast! It's a shame it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. When I first started to watch the show, I didn't know most of the actors/actresses involved. But, as I continued to watch each week, (or whenever it was on) I fell in love with each and every character involved. This is the kind of show you want to watch with your feet up, warm drink in hand and lights turned down low. Cheers!
  • This is a witty and slightly off kilter romantic comedy/drama that has almost as many serious turns as it does comedic ones.

I can\'t wait for each week to come for I can watch the next episode. I am always wondering what will happen next. You can just taste the chemistry between Marin and Jack. It doesnt hurt that James Tupper is a hottie either...I love this show. It is so colorful and all the characters are so memorable. You have to watch more than one show to really get the feeling, but once your do, there is no going back. I am sad that it is no longer on Fridays, but Thursdays work just as well. God bless DVRs and Tivo! ABC, you picked a winner!
  • I am completly in love with this show. I love the cast and I sit and watch it by myself and laugh out loud. I love the fact that they bring true thought to the show and give the characters such different personalities.

I am completly in love with this show. I love the cast and I sit and watch it by myself and laugh out loud. I love the fact that they bring true thought to the show and give the characters such different personalities. I look forward to it coming on every week and I also Tivo it.
  • Tears of Joy!

Men in Trees........YEAH! You are still here. I nearly panicked when I din\'t find the show on, last Friday night 11/03. I am NOT a TV watcher, but this show has captured me and I ask everyone I see if they watch it. There are a lot of people out there who are watching this show, but now that I have found this site, I realize that there are not very many people leaving reviews or rating the show. How can we do better on this. WE need to keep this show on the air. It is the first show since my soap days in the early 70\'s that I look forward to and I stop, sit down and get into the characters. Keep the good episodes coming....Bravo!
  • It all seems so real that I get for an hour a night and cry and laugh and I fell so great when to show is over I can not even explain it, just pure happiness.

This show is great. I love the cast, the town, and the story. It is funny, touching, and sometimes shocking, everything you need in a story. I usually can not wait until Friday to see what happens next. I love this show. Thank you. I hope others are as pleased as I am about this show. For me what makes it exciting is that I always wanted to go to Alaska and now I feel so much closer to it. The wilderness with Jack and the snow storm with Patrick. It all seems so real that I get for an hour a night and cry and laugh and I fell so great when to show is over I can not even explain it, just pure happiness. Keep it up, however I think that Marin and Jack may be moving a bit fast and need to slow it down.
< 1 2 3 4 5