Men in Trees

The Buddy System

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 27, 2006 on ABC

• The episode had it quirky elements, as usual, which is the best part. Many scenes required suspended disbelief.

7.9
    A friend at work named Linda recently suggested I watch this show (Linda has a black lab that dressed up as Superman for Halloween). I had seen a early episode and was only sort of interested, but based on Linda\\\'s recommendation I tuned back in for this episode last Friday as I did not have plans (lame). The show itself reminds me of Northern Exposure, with the quirky characters in a remote Alaskan town. This episode had it funny parts and I rated it a 7.9, part of the entertainment was watching for unplausible aspects of the plot line (white kid with black dad, attempt of 130 lb woman to pull 200 lb man from hole, lack of panicked digging when stuck in a snowed-in cabin, etc.) but I will watch this show when I can, hopefully as part of a pre-function before going out instead of as a central component of a friday evening. Anne Heche looks good but I liked her hair back when she was with Ellen - shorter hair looks better on her.