Mental Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Coda Official Discussion (Spoilers)

OnePerCentClub

[1]Jul 18, 2009
    • level: 35

Please discuss Coda in this thread, to air next Friday July 24.

Do not discuss other episodes here.

Thanks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amaryllis88

[2]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 20

Thanks for including the date in your opening post One!!! It helps. Onto the episode:

I did enjoy it, I liked the storyline, although I didn't particularly like Jack's & Zan's relationship. I'm not sure if it's just me, but didn't it seem like their relationship was fast forwarded this season? I mean they were together for, what is it now, 4 episodes, and then that's it? I guess I'm more used to the gradual getting together, and then the long dating ceremony, and then the possible break-up, but their relationship fell apart within the episode, and abruptly ended. Kinda weird to me, and a bit tragic too.

Arturo & his dad: I couldn't quite figure it out at first, but after Arturo mentioned that he plays a doctor on t.v., I was like, "Ok, yeah, this guy thinks he knows it all," but then that twist w/ ordering the blood work, and then the other doctor praising him for doing so..., interesting how that worked out. So, what exactly did Arturo lie about on his resume? Was it an internship that he did, or did he just fib at where he worked in the past? He did say he's a real doctor and he did graduate from medical school, so what was it that he's fudging?

I liked seeing the other patients and their vivid visual perceptions. I liked the character of Leeza, and then the different order of the scale of notes. How freaky it was to be that same police officer that came to the scene of the crime. I'm glad that her mom came to get her in the end, because placing her in a foster care home might not have worked out so well for her.

I'm not sure how I feel about that cop investigating Jack's sister, a part of me feels like he's just going to forget about the whole thing, and then a part of me thinks he'll come thru for Jack, hmm, I dunno, but hopefully it'll all work out.

I used to babysit an autistic child when I was in high school, it's pretty difficult taking care of somebody who's not all there, and she was prone to seizures, so I was always scared, thankfully she didn't have any while I cared for her, but it was definitely a different experience.

OnePerCentClub

[3]Jul 25, 2009
    You're welcome amaryllis! And I love your comments about the episode, makes me look forward to watch it tonight. Be back tomorrow with my comments
    Edited on 07/25/2009 8:29am

ypomoni

[4]Jul 25, 2009
    • level: 13
    I really liked this episode. The little girl playing Leeza did a magnificent job!

I wonder what Jack is thinking when it comes to Zan. Does he feel she's jumping into things too fast, is he perhaps the one with commitment issues? I truly don't know what went on there. Whatever the case, he didn't seem to be that shaken up over her leaving. The cop showing up at the crime scene did not surprise me. He was probably nearby deliberately when the call came in, to be first at the scene and dispose of any incriminating evidence he might find. Although, I must admit, I doubt he was expecting a witness to the crime...

The scales! B-A-D-G-E! Very nice touch! I wouldn't have figured that out, since the above was taught to me as Si-La-Re-Sol-Mi!

I don't know why but I got a good vibe from the "good" cop. He seemed like a straight-forward, no-messing-about type of guy. He told Jack he would help, and something tells me he doesn't go back on his word. I'm really feeling he might have to do something with finding Jack's sister.

And yes! So nice to see the mother show up! And Leeza recognised her, by placing her hand on her mother's face! That was so sweet! I too would have been disappointed if this little girl had to end up in the system...

pgsuperfan

[5]Jul 25, 2009
    • level: 25
    yes that girl playing Leeza is she really autisic ?

buffyangel4evr_

[6]Jul 25, 2009

I'm baaaaaack!

And my first order of business, apart from blog commenting, is MENTAL! Whoo-hoo!

Pretty good episode.

When Leeza started spazzing out on that detective, I kinda had a feeling that maybe something was off about him. The b-a-d-g-e musical notes was a great catch by Nora and Jack. The scene when mom came to get Leeza was touching. I wonder though, where was she and why did her drug dealing dad have Leeza?

What's up with Zan and Jack? You're right Eleni, the relationship is all over the place. Zan is definately going way too fast. I think I can understand Jacks' hesitance being that he's got some stuff he's dealing with. OnePercent, you said she's only slated for four episodes, strange. This is the third episode, so maybe there will be something more conclusive. Although I don't think I want them to break up, Jack seems to be happy when he's with her.

Hopefully they don't forget the cop helping Jack with finding his sister.

I thought Arturo's dad was way out of line. He definately dodged a bullet. What's Arturo's big secret???? I really want it out of the open.

Evil Carl Where's he been? I miss Evil Carl

OnePerCentClub

[7]Jul 25, 2009
    That's right, buffyangel4evr, IMDb.com has her listed in 4 episodes, Do Over, next week's episode, being the last one. I wonder what will come next.
    I haven't seen the episode yet, but I can't wait!

amaryllis88

[8]Jul 25, 2009
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:
    What's up with Zan and Jack? You're right Eleni, the relationship is all over the place. Zan is definately going way too fast. I think I can understand Jacks' hesitance being that he's got some stuff he's dealing with. OnePercent, you said she's only slated for four episodes, strange. This is the third episode, so maybe there will be something more conclusive. Although I don't think I want them to break up, Jack seems to be happy when he's with her.

Hopefully they don't forget the cop helping Jack with finding his sister.

I thought Arturo's dad was way out of line. He definately dodged a bullet. What's Arturo's big secret???? I really want it out of the open.

Evil Carl Where's he been? I miss Evil Carl

Aww, glad you came back!!! I like Jack & Zan together, it's just that she seems to be moving them forward too fast, although, it depends on how much time elapses between episodes, as an audience we're thinking it's just a week ahead....but for the doctors is it less or more? Hmm.. good question, huh?
    It seems that the relationship hit a fast forward button, and then abruptly ended all of a sudden, unless it's been going on for longer, and then it might seem about right for it to end, if it decides to end. Oh well, I'm not a relationship expert, so what do I know. lol
    Arturo's dad DID step out of line, just because he plays a doctor on t.v. doesn't make him top notch expert in his field. His guess was purely that, he doesn't have any medical training, so he shouldn't force himself upon his son like that, he definitely should've been the one to apologize----however this opens a can of beans for the rest of us, because we see that Arturo might have issues with father figures. Maybe he's fallen under Evil Carl's spell mainly because he feels threatened by him, sort of like a father figure, or the authoritative figure. I dunno, definitely something to explore.
    I also don't want them to forget that storyline about the cop investigating Jack's sister, or detecting her is more like it, I'm glad that they've been pretty good with continuity in the show so far, and I'd like them to keep up with that.
    And as much as I hate Evil Carl I would like to see him again. lol

buffyangel4evr_

[9]Jul 26, 2009

I guess that's the pitfalls of only having a particular actor/actress signed up for a limited amount of episodes. I had the same problem with Burn Notice and Moon Bloodgood. I felt her character didn't get enough screentime and very little was revealed about her motives. I like how Zan and Jack are opposites. Zan is very brash while Jack is basically a laid back guy. The compliment each other well.

So I looked at the summary of next weeks episode and Evil Carl is back. Maybe there's going to be some fireworks between him and Jack. We can hope anyway.

Arturo's dad reminded me of that hotel commercial where the guest says I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV. I'm soooo interested to see what Arturo's secret is. I'm really starting to like his character and would like to see Jack take him under his wing and be a mentor to him.

And it looks like next week there's more of Jack searching for his sister so hopefully we'll see the reappearance of the cop.

luvinx

[10]Jul 26, 2009

pgsuperfan wrote:
    yes that girl playing Leeza is she really autisic ?

I don't believe she is because I could swear that I have seen her in other things. But what I can remember for sure was that she was always great!

And, Buffy....I think that in the ep they explained that she was with her father because he kidnapped her, dyed her hair, etc., so I am sure the Mom has been looking for her.

You have all covered everything I would have said. I did like the ep and agree with you all on the Jack/Zan relationship being "weird". I also like Arturo, much more than I used to.

One thing that I am different on than all the rest of you though....I have not missed Carl's character at all. I just don't like him at all, and not in the "Oh I love to hate him" way. I just plain don't like him and would not care if he fell in a sand trap at the golf course and was never seen again.

OMG, OMG....One, I just realized something. If I am not mistaken, the actress that played Leeza is the same little girl who played opposite our beloved Rufus in the movie "Bless the Child". I think it is. Gotta go check. *runs off*

Yeppers, it is!!

OnePerCentClub

[11]Jul 26, 2009
    She is, Luvinx??? I can't wait to see the episode then!!!
    Rufus is sexy, Gosh, I miss him!!!!!

amaryllis88

[12]Jul 26, 2009
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

I second that!! Rufus Sewell has this captivating "I can't say no" to face...how I'd love to do some *things* to him!!

haldrey

[13]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 22
    No, the girl playing Leeza (Holliston Coleman) is not autistic. I remember her from various episodes of Medium and somewhere else. See is just an amazing actress who has been acting from a very young age. In fact this entire episode was amazing. As to the evil Carl I was so glad the he had disappeared and now I found out that he will be back. That is terrible, I can not stand his character.
    Edited on 07/27/2009 9:26am

OnePerCentClub

[14]Jul 27, 2009
    I think I saw that girl in ER. And the reason I remember her is because I was shocked when she confesses she had killed her father because her father had said that if she touched the remote control he would kill her, so she killed him first.

I'm pretty sure it's the same girl. She was much younger though.

OnePerCentClub

[15]Jul 27, 2009
    I haven't seen the whole episode yet but I have seen the end scene and I have something to say...
    First of all, women have to stop using those 4 words that no man wants to hear: 'We need to talk'. Most of the times, one person is who does all the talking. Zan wanted so much in so little time, she just precipitated. She should've just tried to let things take their course. Give it time. And then make a decision. Who knows? Maybe when Jack found his sister and everything was ok (or better) for him, he might see things from different perspective. I say you don't tell a man certain things until you're sure he feels the same way. And if he doesn't, it's best if you just walk away.

And how can you walk away from a Jack Gallagher? The man is hot

OnePerCentClub

[16]Jul 27, 2009
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

I second that!! Rufus Sewell has this captivating "I can't say no" to face...how I'd love to do some *things* to him!!

Oh me too! And I'm sure Luvinx has the same thought too
    Who could resist him?

luvinx

[18]Aug 19, 2009

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    She is, Luvinx??? I can't wait to see the episode then!!! Rufus is sexy, Gosh, I miss him!!!!!
    Oh me too! And I'm sure Luvinx has the same thought too Who could resist him?

Oh, too right! So yummy!

cybermax86

[19]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 1

The boy was playing a melody on the piano. Do you who wrote that song or what group sings it?