Mercy Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

That Crazy B**** Was Right

skhplbliss

[1]May 13, 2010
    • level: 9

I am a huge fan of medical shows. I already watch House, Scrubs (so sad it's getting the axe [probably]), and Trauma (yet another on the chopping block), so Mercy makes my fourth medical show. It's really hard to create a balance between the medicine and character development, and I feel the Mercy does it splendidly.

Up until the past few episode, I'd been feeling like it was getting a little too soap opera-esque for me, but recently it has picked up steam and has produced a few really terrific episodes including last night's episode "That Crazy B**** Was Right." Any other thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pgsuperfan

[2]May 13, 2010
    • level: 25

Too bad about Trauma I really liked it but I guess I would have to became a network bigshot to keep it on, but last nights Mercy the season finale sure looked like it was the series finale as well. Cloe decided she is going to med school after her boy friend passed away and Veronicas doctor friend from the war was killed in a bombing but looked like Mike and Ronnie were about to get back together. I hope NBC decides to bring Mercy back but it is TV and I really do not think they will.

skhplbliss

[3]May 14, 2010
    pgsuperfan:
    So another Trauma fan I see! Yeah, it was way too expensive to keep unless it drew in a significant amount of viewers. Yeah, that will probably be a season finale as well, but who knows? Hopefully I won't have to add it to the list of "Great shows on NBC that were canceled."
    As for Sands being killed, it's ambiguous; that's the cliffhanger part. You're supposed to think, "It sounds like he's dead, but is he?" If there's a second season, he'll definitely be alive, and attempt to rekindle his love.

zitzitta

[4]May 14, 2010
    • level: 8
    Not only Sands... her ex may have been killed too!

UtrechtZwerver

[5]May 14, 2010
    • level: 4

I'm kinda bummed by the ending of this episode, because although the entire episode was great, there are so many cliffhangers which need to be resolved. However, since NBC announced it had canceled Mercy, we'll never know what happened to Sands and Mike and that just feels wrong! I loved Veronica and Mike together, but I think one of the last scenes suggested he got hurt. Sands was great as well and he may be among the victims of the airport bombing, so it's possible they're both dead. All the other storylines also still had great potential and I would have loved to have seen a second season. Farewell Mercy, I'm going to miss you!

haldrey

[6]May 21, 2010
    • level: 22
    A great episode but no mercy for the Mercy fans with that kind of ending for a cancelled show. No network should treat their viewers like that.

skhplbliss

[7]May 22, 2010
    Yeah, but NBC managed to keep Chuck, and so I shan't be complaining that much. Mercy had a good run, I laughed many-a-time, and enjoyed myself for the most part. So long.

chartah

[8]Aug 21, 2010
    • level: 21
    Great episode. I LOVED Mercy. Sooooo dissapointed that it was canceled.

chartah

[9]Aug 21, 2010
    • level: 21

UtrechtZwerver wrote:

I'm kinda bummed by the ending of this episode, because although the entire episode was great, there are so many cliffhangers which need to be resolved. However, since NBC announced it had canceled Mercy, we'll never know what happened to Sands and Mike and that just feels wrong! I loved Veronica and Mike together, but I think one of the last scenes suggested he got hurt. Sands was great as well and he may be among the victims of the airport bombing, so it's possible they're both dead. All the other storylines also still had great potential and I would have loved to have seen a second season. Farewell Mercy, I'm going to miss you!

I agree about mostly everything you wrote!!

Goodbye, Mercy. I'm going to miss you too Cry

Edited on 08/21/2010 3:26pm