Mercy

Pulling the Goalie

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 14, 2009 on NBC

• Mike tells Veronica they should have a baby. Veronica deals with Harris on a homeless former Marine Vet. Sonia's boyfriend the cop arrests her for her 18 parking tickets. Chloe goes for a relationship with Dr. Sands and tries to help a burn victim.

Another pretty solid episode of Mercy. This is turning into a must see show on Wednesday nights. Let's hope the numbers start improving as the episodes do as well. I still really like the new intro for the episodes by the way.

The characters are great and we are learning to like their flaws as well as their good points. Veronica is tough and really fights for her patients rights. Sonia is beautiful, caring, and has a moody streak in her. Chloe is shy, but when she sees something she wants she holds on for dear life. All three of these women are strong and beautiful role models for today's women. None of them are perfect but they seem to rise above their idiosyncrasies to be the best people they can be.

***** Spoilers *****

I would say the biggest revelations tonight were from Chloe in that she has a thing for Dr. Sands and neither Sonia or Veronica had the guts to tell her about Iraq and Veronica's relationship with him. Of course later on when she makes her move and he starts to reciprocate and then stops and tells her about Veronica she's pretty devastated. At this point she's taking it better than I thought. We'll see how that works out!

In other major story lines Veronica fights with Harris over a VA homeless patient and in the end the patient helps Veronica as much as she helps him. I don't think throwing the cinder block into Harris' windshield was such a good idea though. Aslo Mike starts talking about having kids.

In Sonia's case she gets caught and loses her car over her eighteen parking tickets. Of course she blames her boyfriend, but in the end forgives him which is nice as he didn't do anything.

I am enjoying this show more and more and sincerely hope it manages to stave off cancellation. I think at this point the money is on Mercy, Trauma, Three Rivers, or the forgotten to be the next casualty. I have to say all of these shows have improved so I personally wouldn't cancel any of them, but that's not going to happen. Cross your fingers if you are fans of any of them. Thanks for reading...