Merlin

Arthur's Bane Part 2

Aired Unknown Oct 13, 2012 on BBC

• A bit more of the mythology

This was a good episode and revealed more of what to expect in the future. We saw Mordred cross over from what we thought was the darkside although the ending left in question a bit whether Mordred was truly good or not, we'll have to wait and see if anything further develops. We saw Morgana's deep evil that she cannot change. At the end she was walking across the snow with the dragon but Merlin's meeting of the dragon makes me think Morgana has done something evil to it and hurt it. Then there was the lighter side with the banter between Arthur and Merlin, wouldn't be an episode without some of this. Finally near the end it was revealed that the mythic creature in the cave was the "key" and bearer of all knowledge. An interesting episode leading into the remainder of this final season.
  • Doesnt Arthur already know Mordred has magic?

Arthur rescued Mordred from death when he was a young boy because he was a druid. Has he forgotten this or has he secretly accepted that Mordred has magic?

I dont know if the writers forgot about this little fact, but its time we know Arthur's views on the magic stuff. Anyway love this show so much. We're up to Series 5 Ep 3 in the US. Cant wait for the next episode.
  • 5X02 - Arthur's Bane Part 2

This was a very good episode. Again I enjoyed seeing the shirtless eyecandy but also I deeply enjoyed the bantering between Arthur and Merlin. The only thing I was scratching my head over was the weird silver cone-head creature. Okay, was odd.

I liked that the dragon ended up with Morgana and I hope we get the backstory about their partnership as well as why the dragon can't talk. And I'm also biting my nails in anxiousness over having Mordred join the court.
  • The Best Start

The starting of the season is awesome. In fact this episode is the best that i watched, revealing many new ways to create suspense and to introduce the spice of twist in the story...
  • Fantastic Conclusion to the Premiere

All in all, I loved it. Every single minute of it.

It was a very dark and thrilling tale with bits of the usual humor and delightful banter between the characters here and there. If you're a fan of Merlin, fantasy, or magic, definitely check out this excellent premiere.

This show continues to surprise me in great ways and I admire the writers for that. The actors also continue to pull at the strings and I was very shocked by the ending, although I wouldn't be surprised if the druid has any other ulterior motives behind his moves.

Though I do keep wondering as to why the baby dragon continues to follow Morgana around everywhere despite the obvious scars.

• Arthur's Bane Part 2

Arthur's Bane Part 2 was a superb and very entertaining episode of Merlin. I really enjoyed watching because the story continued from the previous episode and there was more character and plot development. I liked how Merlin continued to help behind everyone's backs and they still seem clueless. It was interesting that Morgana had a baby dragon whom Merlin sort of communicated with. I liked how the other story lines played out and it was interesting to watch Mordrid's actions. I was surprised and the ending was great and reminded me of Game of Thrones ending with Daenerys Targaryen and her Dragons. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!