TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

2x13 The Last Dragonlord episode discussion

dpebbleson

[41]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 24
    Your presuppositions give me hope that Morgana will be back, which I honestly hope will be the case. She's just too good an actress to be wasted as a recurrent character. And I hate when in series they kick out actors, it goes against the force of habit of seeing the same cast and identifying them as a whole with the series.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[42]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 75
    Well as you said it's all just my assumptions, but I have a feeling we are gonna see a lot of her yet Stay tuned around the spoilers thread, I'll keep the second post updated during hiatus with everything we are able to find around about series 3.

dpebbleson

[43]Dec 21, 2009

boom-moo wrote:
    Well as you said it's all just my assumptions, but I have a feeling we are gonna see a lot of her yet Stay tuned around the spoilers thread, I'll keep the second post updated during hiatus with everything we are able to find around about series 3.

Yeah, I'll be there I just hope BBC will be merciful enough to give us some hints.

Nine months... nine... months...

boom-moo

[44]Dec 21, 2009
    Check the 'Things to do during the hiatus' thread, you might be interested in joining some of the ideas proposed there, and of course much welcomed to ad your own

dpebbleson

[45]Dec 21, 2009

boom-moo wrote:
    Check the 'Things to do during the hiatus' thread, you might be interested in joining some of the ideas proposed there, and of course much welcomed to ad your own

Thanks I'll check it out

illegalferret

[46]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 25

Sorry for the delay, i've been having computer issues Anyway i thought that this was a great episode! I loved all the Merlin and Arthur interaction, it showed what good friends they have become. Having said that, i too was getting pretty annoyed by the end of the epi that Arthur still doesn't know about Merlin! It can't go on with Arthur always just out of sight or knock out anytime Merlin does or mentions magic. I think Arthur needs to find out very early in series 3. Other than that minor complainted the rest of the episode was great. I expected his dad to die but just not that soon! The scene was really well done and really sad! Colin was as per usual on fine form! I liked Arthur once again standing up to Uther, and how the knights stood around him in a circle! I hope sir Leon is not dead btw!!

The Dragon is gone but not dead, so will probably be back at some point! But with no Dragon in the dungon Merlin is going to have to rely on his own magical knowledge so much more, so it's gone make for a good series 3! Bring on September!!

boom-moo

[47]Dec 22, 2009
    illegalferret wrote:
    But with no Dragon in the dungon Merlin is going to have to rely on his own magical knowledge so much more
    That's just one more reason for Arthur to know about it. It'll help a lot if they can combine their skills together.

Yaspaa

[48]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 79
    I think this episode could have been stretched a bit longer. I wanted to see more of Merlin and his dad together, but it was all over so quickly, my face looked about the same as Merlin's when he died, followed by "Yer Jokin'!"

ericsprau

[50]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 11

Spoilers in white concerning characters next season. Highlight to view.I read somewhere in an interview (the link escapes me right now) that Morgana is not going to be a regular during Series/Season 3. She will make appearances, but not in a lot of episodes.

As for Kilgara (I prefer using his name now that we know it) it was confirmed he will return to aid Merlin every so often (similarly to how Freya will be back to aid Merlin during some episodes), but you are right; no more dragon in the dungeon. Merlin will have to start thinking on his feet now.

Sorry for the long absence here boom, I know you just love my juicy info and speculation. Truth of the matter is, things here at home are not going well. I will likely be scarce for some time while I work out my court cases and living situation.

Edited on 12/30/2009 9:17pm

boom-moo

[51]Dec 26, 2009
    ericsprau wrote:
    Sorry for the long absence here boom, I know you just love my juicy info and speculation. Truth of the matter is, things here at home are not going well. I will likely be scarce for some time while I work out my court cases and living situation.
    You are right, I miss you around, I miss having good discussions and sharing any available info. Gotta team up again during this long 9 month hiatus to survive the withdrawal I have to ask you though to remove everything that is not speculation from this thread and post it in the Spoilers one, for the sake of spoiler free people.

And I'm really sorry to hear that the going has gotten a big rough for you, hope you work out things in the best way possible and things are back to normal asap

haldrey

[52]Dec 28, 2009
    • level: 22
    Everything here was well done, a tremendous episode, the only thing I found wrong was that now we have a long wait in front of us until the next season come out, but hey, there is going to be a next season!

boom-moo

[53]Dec 28, 2009
    Bittersweet indeed. We are gonna rewatch and discuss old episodes during the hiatus, if you are interested in joining check out the "Things to do during the hiatus" thread

ericsprau

[54]Dec 30, 2009
    • level: 11
    boom-moo wrote:
    You are right, I miss you around, I miss having good discussions and sharing any available info. Gotta team up again during this long 9 month hiatus to survive the withdrawal I have to ask you though to remove everything that is not speculation from this thread and post it in the Spoilers one, for the sake of spoiler free people.

Sure sure, no problem there. Didn't realize I had slipped. Will take care of it momentarily.

Yes, teaming up would be good. I submitted another message about my idea, let me know what you think.

boom-moo

[55]Dec 31, 2009
    Thanks Eric I really appreciate everyone's effort to make this forum a good resource for everyone.