Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

3x04 'Gwaine' discussion thread

camelotkitty12

[81]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 5

lady catrina's chambers...do the prop ppl think they can't fool us? it's those 2 black dots on that door, and the fireplace, that give it away.

Thanks to whomever put up those quotes on the review section of this episode. They help me to understand who said what, where, when, and how and why. Laughing

A bar brawl, hmmm?I think that's what drew me to this episode. Besides Gwaine, that is!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[82]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 75
    We have an eagle eye but I reckon they do an amazing job!

And you are welcome

hookedforfun

[83]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 4

SQUEEEEEEELLL!!! Just watched the episode and it was great !!! Heres the link; (deal with the subtitles).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCoYAcAeJwA

Honestly well..... Its truly a tie between Lancelot and Gwaine, both are awsome in their own way. OMG, IMPOSSIBLE I obviously know but what if outside Camelots walls we meet both of them in one episode??? Nevermind, never would happen... unfortunetly

My most favorite scene was probably when Merlin got caught while looking at the necklace and was forced to play 'extreme dartboard'... Only he was the target. Not to mean or anything but I loved the look of terror on his face/ trying his best to make excuses while dodging swords before Gwaine came to his rescue.

camelotkitty12

[84]Oct 3, 2010

oh THANK U hooked forfun!!! I was able to get the captions translated into ENGLISH!!! just lovely!!! I now have this link in my favorites. under MERLIN of course!!! Thank you so much!!! It's the only one on yutube that i found, that has captions.

For next week, I'm getting speakers!!! Wink

D-syfer

[85]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 10
    That first scene where Merlin and Arthur are on their horses riding, I think they took that from 02x13 when they went out to look for the Dragonlord..

boom-moo

[86]Oct 4, 2010
    hookedforfun wrote:
    what if outside Camelots walls we meet both of them in one episode??? Nevermind, never would happen... unfortunetly
    That'd be something pretty exciting!

D-syfer wrote:
    That first scene where Merlin and Arthur are on their horses riding, I think they took that from 02x13 when they went out to look for the Dragonlord..
    Probably, since the long shot doesn't match the close up.

ciry89

[87]Oct 4, 2010

Ok, I finally watched the ep yesterday night: it's very good!!! I don't see similarities with Lancelot's one: I think they're totally different; surely, Gwaine is nicer than Lancelot!!! I was right, Gwaine's father was a knight!!!

camelotkitty12

[88]Oct 4, 2010

the only similarity i saw with LANCELOT was-- gwaine/lancelot looked out the window--from the back, you cannot tell the two apart!!! and the scenes at the tourney with Gwen and Uther and Morgana. WHY do they keep recycling scenes frm previous eps? seems to me they don't have to.

I'm glad you watched it finally cirya!! I enjoyed it too. this was surely an episode for the ladies!!! (faint, thud)

boom-moo

[89]Oct 4, 2010
    There are several similarities between this episode and episode 1x05 Lancelot:

-In both of them, someone brave (Lancelot / Gwaine) who has saved the life of a resident of Camelot and got hurt in the process is brought to the castle to be healed by Gaius.

-In both occasions that person occupies Merlin's chamber, recovers and leans out of the window to watch Camelot.

-Again, in both times that person performs another heroic act but ends up being banned from Camelot for breaking the Knights Code.

-Arthur admires both and helps both out, interceding for them with Uther.

-Merlin becomes close with both.

-Both characters leave but the door is left open for both character to come back.

-Both characters flirt with Gwen.

And probably more

dpebbleson

[90]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 23
    History tends to repeat itself ; )

boom-moo

[91]Oct 4, 2010
    Yeah, but it gets more enjoyable with time

dpebbleson

[92]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 23
    History is like wine then

camelotkitty12

[93]Oct 4, 2010

dpebbleson wrote:
    History is like wine then

Most assuredly!!!

hookedforfun

[94]Oct 4, 2010

camelotkitty12 wrote:

oh THANK U hooked forfun!!! I was able to get the captions translated into ENGLISH!!! just lovely!!! I now have this link in my favorites. under MERLIN of course!!! Thank you so much!!! It's the only one on yutube that i found, that has captions.

For next week, I'm getting speakers!!! Wink

Your welcome a thousand times !!! Honestly all I was trying to do was just watch the darn episode, (andI could'nt find it ANYWHERE)I can imagine how bad it would be if you constantly had to read the characters mouths . Thank god that you able to change the captions, and thank him that you also getting speakers !

Next week's ep. looks even better, and you totally made my day !

D-syfer

[95]Oct 4, 2010

camelotkitty12 wrote:

the only similarity i saw with LANCELOT was-- gwaine/lancelot looked out the window--from the back, you cannot tell the two apart!!!

Well, I think the window scene was very similar to Merlin when he first arrived in Camelot. He fell inlove with the city when he looked into his window. And so did Lancelot and Gwaine. It made them feel that there's something special about the Camelot.

You know I was just wondering. That scene where Arthur got the bill from the tavern and he tossed the piece of paper and it went straight on the bowl of fruits infront of him. I was thinking if it was just CGI because the paper went to the bowl of fruits so perfectly.

Edited on 10/04/2010 7:43pm
    Edited 2 total times.

boom-moo

[96]Oct 5, 2010
    D-syfer wrote:
    That scene where Arthur got the bill from the tavern and he tossed the piece of paper and it went straight on the bowl of fruits infront of him. I was thinking if it was just CGI because the paper went to the bowl of fruits so perfectly.
    Really? That's weird. I can't remember that well so you can be totally right but just speculating here before I rewatch: if they were cheap and recycled a lot of stuff from previous episodes, I don't think they'd spend money on CGI for something that isn't important like where the bill lands.

D-syfer

[97]Oct 5, 2010
    boom-moo wrote:
    D-syfer wrote:
    That scene where Arthur got the bill from the tavern and he tossed the piece of paper and it went straight on the bowl of fruits infront of him. I was thinking if it was just CGI because the paper went to the bowl of fruits so perfectly.
    Really? That's weird. I can't remember that well so you can be totally right but just speculating here before I rewatch: if they were cheap and recycled a lot of stuff from previous episodes, I don't think they'd spend money on CGI for something that isn't important like where the bill lands.

I don't know, but your probably right. But it's quite amazing where the bill landed. Perfectly on the bowl of fruits.

West3rd

[98]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 11

D-syfer wrote:
    boom-moo wrote:
    D-syfer wrote:
    I don't know, but your probably right. But it's quite amazing where the bill landed. Perfectly on the bowl of fruits

D-syfer when I saw that I also thought that was a good shot into the bowl of fruit I agree with boom-moo about CGI but they have done something to make it land like that as the paper sound heavy when it lands in the bowl is this making any sense?

boom-moo

[99]Oct 5, 2010
    West3rd wrote:
    but they have done something to make it land like that as the paper sound heavy when it lands in the bowl is this making any sense?
    Playing devil's advocate again but could it be sound editing? They add everything: from foot steps to clanging armours.
    Edited on 10/05/2010 2:25am

WitchyWeasel88

[100]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 14

A lot of amazing things happen by mere coincidence