Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered (Morgana Thread)

boom-moo

[241]Nov 21, 2011
    • level: 75
    PenguinSuzie wrote:
    Right sorry . I wondered if your keyboard might not have it as there are lots of different types etc.

Is it just certain symbols that TV.com won't post, or does it just do it randomly?

Sorry I just realised what thread I'm in.
    I replied at the Q&A

Katie with a fan here.

Premiere promo of A Princess for Xmas here.

On location here.

Contest to win 1 of 5 copies of Christmas At Castlebury Hall here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Connor91

[242]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 6
    boom-moo wrote:
    PenguinSuzie wrote:
    Right sorry . I wondered if your keyboard might not have it as there are lots of different types etc.

Is it just certain symbols that TV.com won't post, or does it just do it randomly?

Sorry I just realised what thread I'm in.
    I replied at the Q&A

Katie with a fan here.

Premiere promo of A Princess for Xmas here.

On location here.

Contest to win 1 of 5 copies of Christmas At Castlebury Hall here.

I love Katie, she's always so lovely and warm with the fans.

boom-moo

[243]Nov 30, 2011
    UK residents have a chance to win two copies of A Princess for Xmas here.

PenguinSuzie

[244]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 10

I'm not sure if I noticed this before. But I think the fact that Merlin didn't tell Morgana his secret is slightly similar to how she didn't tell Arthur.

When thinking that they should have, there are strong reasons for and against. Arthur loves her like a sister and they were really quite close then. And there's a chance that if she went to him about it that he'd listen. Though still a strong chance he'd react badly and without really thinking about it because of such a long period of fear.

At that point even when Merlin suggested it might be magic she had, she didn't take it very well. If I recall right she reacted almost in disgust and fear and left quickly. As much as she doesn't judge or hatethose with magic it's likely having grown up with magical attacks upon Camelot and the fear of magic put into her. That even she at that point wouldn't react well to it. Especially because of the lies. She was still very tentative then.She might have seen him in a suspicious light if he confessed and wondered why he was in Camelot by choice to begin with then.

I know the circumstances are very different and telling Arthur seems much more dangerous so it's not fair to compare them. But given the kinds of things the dragon has told Merlin about her (I think he'd mentioned several things by that point. By mid S2 or so. I could be wrong) and how use to keeping it a secret he is. Also how she reacted to hearing innocent possibly magic users were being killed in her name, wouldn't really be an inspiration to trust and tell her.

It would have exposed them to the possibility of it backfiring. Even with reasons to tell, it would have put them in a very dangerous position. Arthur would likely react in horror and shock if she'd told him. But he may have helped her given how genuinely scared she was.

The chances of it going bad by her telling Arthur are much higher though, even though they were so close. So I don't think it's level or the same at all. It's just that I can see clear reasons why he never told her.

Sorry this is really random. I was just thinking about it and wondered if there were similarities there. Especially given how muchArthur cared for her and how scared she herself was. I'm not comparing it though. I just think it's a little interesting.

Edited on 12/02/2011 3:43pm

boom-moo

[245]Dec 7, 2011
    Extended trailer of A Princess for Xmas here.

The Official Labyrinth website is up here. This tv series is scheduled for late summer 2012.

Katie McGrath's scenes from W.E. here.

ComicCon France schedule for Labyrinth panel on July 7th:

Screening + Q&A to take place from 1:30 PM to 3:15 PM

Autograph session to start at 3:30 PM for an hour.

Come and unravel Labyrinth's mysteries with Katie McGrath, Emun Elliott, Christopher Smith, Moritz Polter and… last but not least Labyrinth's bestselling author: KATE MOSSE!
    Source and Source.

Interview with Katie about Labyrith here.

Edited on 08/01/2012 2:08am
    Edited 5 total times.