Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered (Morgana Thread)

illegalferret

[101]Sep 22, 2010
    • level: 25

dpebbleson wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    "Myself and Merlin', Morgana says, "Have had some really rough days, Now I'm gonna pretend for a while, And for a while be Morgana the Vile"
    Am I a prophet or what?

Ooooh we have a seer in a mists! Just want to check you haven't set anything on fire whilst you've been asleep have you?!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dpebbleson

[102]Sep 22, 2010
    • level: 24
    It obviously rubbed off on me, because I'm obviously spending too much time with Morgana

Let's just now hope I don't burn any of our cozy rooms here

illegalferret

[103]Sep 22, 2010

If you burn down our pub i won't be happy!

dpebbleson

[104]Sep 22, 2010
    Me neither But you'll just have to understand me, and blame everything on Uther!

dpebbleson

[105]Sep 24, 2010

Sorry to double post, but here's the new video with mo-mo-mo-Morgana's pokah face

pcdsa

[106]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 12
    From next week Danko, it looks like you and I will become forum foes what with your precious Morgana plotting to kill my precious Arthur .

dpebbleson

[107]Oct 17, 2010
    Indeed...

Maybe we could form a "Reconciliation Committee"? : )

Anyways, I'm surprised at the coldness Morgana has towards Arthur. He has never done anything wrong to her, and has in fact helped her with Mordred, risking a lot.

Morgana is either blinded by unnatural passion or by extreme brainwashing. But what is weird is that Morgause is not so extreme and not so brutal as Morgana.. Maybe this darkness has always been within Morgana, and she only needed some freedom for it to grow and to be put to the fore.

Which could be similar to what the Dragon said. She is darkness to Merlin's light (side-note: I first wrote "She is light to Merlin's..." and then realized it was the other way around ).

I still hope they leave room for repentance, if it is possible after the atrocities she has committed and is about to commit.

And I wonder what will happen when Morgause is killed, which I think will happen one day.

pcdsa

[108]Oct 17, 2010
    I like the idea of a Reconciliation Committee - though you will have much grovelling to do...
    I agree it is extremely sad to see her hurting Arthur and Guinevere. Katie is obviously relishing her part though. I too hope for a Darth Vader - Luke Skywalker redemption for her through Arthur.

dpebbleson

[109]Oct 17, 2010

I think she will one day wake up from this nightmare of hatred that she is having.

Now, who wouldn't love her! Look:

Look at this natural beauty!

(Disclaimer: No copyright infringement intended when posting these pictures. Merlin is property of BBC and Shine Ltd. )

And check the very first post - I edited it to put a picture of her. It was a tough choice! And my favourite wouldn't fit in the browser so I gave up on that...

Edited on 10/17/2010 5:14am

pcdsa

[110]Oct 17, 2010

And who could resist the Smirk of Evil?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(Disclaimer: No copyright infringement intended when posting these pictures. Merlin is property of BBC and Shine Ltd.)

Edited on 10/17/2010 9:43am

dpebbleson

[111]Oct 17, 2010
    Nobody!

boom-moo

[112]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 75
    dpebbleson wrote:
    Anyways, I'm surprised at the coldness Morgana has towards Arthur. He has never done anything wrong to her, and has in fact helped her with Mordred, risking a lot.
    I would like her a lot more not being for this.

dpebbleson

[113]Oct 17, 2010
    boom-moo wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    I would like her a lot more not being for this.

But I also think she suffers a lot inside. She thinks it's righteous to do that, but there is still old Morgana left that will reemerge one day.

boom-moo

[114]Oct 17, 2010
    I haven't seen any glimpse of that suffering. Terminator Morgana is pretty boring.

dpebbleson

[115]Oct 17, 2010
    Neither have I, but here's hopes. And she is yet to become a full villain, and to be challenged by Arthur, and even Uther. I wonder how she'll react to their reaction.

boom-moo

[116]Oct 17, 2010
    They've totally ruined the character for me this season because in my opinion they've done a bad transition. She suddenly hates everyone and everything. They need to show a lot more of her thought process, of her feelings, of her own ideas, her motivations... I dunno. Round the character a bit more. She's either been a minion, an insecure sorceress or a cold assassin. She needs to work on her strengths, to plan things carefully, to build some character away from Morgause. We need to know who Morgana is, what she feels and what she wants at this point of the story. I think they've failed to convey that.

illegalferret

[117]Oct 17, 2010

Morgana's hatred for Uther (well his policies at least) has been well documented from episode 1 series 1 onwards. And i can understand her dislike for Merlin after he killed her but i agree we need to learn more about where this new murderous evil intent has come from. In series 2 (and 1) she wanted Uther to die onoccasionbut always stopped short of doing it or allowing it to be done. So i feel we're owed an explanation, even if it's just in the form of finding out what Morgause said to her in their year together (i blame Morgause completely for the new evil Morgana!).

I wish she still cared about someone other than herself, preferably Arthur, but that's not going to happen now as he stands between her and the throne

boom-moo

[118]Oct 17, 2010
    But Arthur standing before her and the throne didn't occur to Morgana until it became Morgause's new goal. I sometimes feel like shaking Morgana by her shoulders so she starts deciding by herlself what she wants and what she doesn't. I was so glad when she went against Morgause's advise and tried to kill Uther at the end of 3x05. Rushed, indeed. But at least it showed some character of her own.

illegalferret

[119]Oct 17, 2010

Your right! Thinking about it Morgana didn't even want the throne until Morgause suggested it and you're also right about Morgana needing to make her own decisions instead of looking like a pawn for her sister.

Edited on 10/17/2010 9:01am

Connor91

[120]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 6
    I agree that the transition was sudden but I do like it. Its nice to have one main villain who's threat isn't actually a magical one, I think that is such an interesting dynamic at the moment. She's not just some witch who causes havoc for a few episodes, she actually poses a considerable threat to both Merlin's and Arthur's destinies. I mean, obviously, she won't succeed but still its interesting to watch I think. I can understand why she hates Merlin and Uther and I can understand to a degree why she has no problems with killing Arthur, my main gripe is actually her relationship with Gwen. I think the writers are sort of forcing the 'evil' thing though to the point where it doesn't really feel like a natural progression. Its funny, every other aspect of the show seems to be moving on so slowly, sometimes even regressing, whereas the morgana thing has like ZOOMED ahead lol. Its quite ironic really, last year and the year before everyone was gagging for evil morgana, now we have her, everybody complains about ithaha.

Even whilst evil though, I still find her to be the most likeable character. I like that she has deep flaws (not surface flaws which are easily dropped for the sake of plot like some of the other main characters) and that she's a bit of a hypocrite. It's interesting that she's so sure that she's doing the right thing when she's really not. Its like she sees herself as a heroine when really she's being incredibly detrimental to the future of Camelot and really to her own cause.

To some degree, I also actually like how she's being 'controlled' by Morgause. On the one hand I want to see the Morgan Le Fey of legend who pretty much worked on her own (with the exception of Mordred) to destroy Camelot but I don't think her character is really there yet. I mean I'm sure we will see it, we've seen glimpses of it already, but I think it actually makes me more sympathetic towards her that she's constantly being pushed about. Even though she now thinks she has 'freedom', quite frankly, she doesn't.

I agree with the poster who said it will be interesting to see what happens if/when Morgause dies. Although I do think/hope we will be seeing more disagreements between Morgause and Morgana the more self assured Morgana gets. As someone else said, Morgana actually seems a lot harsher than Morgause and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of this as time goes on. I'm positive Morgana will eventually come into her own.