Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Episode 3x06 discussion - 'The Changeling'

pcdsa

[121]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 12
    Checked. 42.04 mins she is just rounding the corner and walking down the stairs. There is no window watching?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[122]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 75
    pcdsa wrote:
    Checked. 42.04 mins she is just rounding the corner and walking down the stairs. There is no window watching?
    No, there is no window watching but there is no corner to round either. If you remember at the end of 2x04, there's a window in there (where Gwen and Morgana hug at the end of the episode) so Gwen was looking out of the window as Elena and Co. leave and then still stayed for a while until Arthur and Merlin went up the outside steps and into the castle. Was she forcing the meeting? She must have seen them coming into the castle and she waited to go down until they were inside.

Maybe it's me the only one who finds something off in that scene.

Liviana178

[123]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 3

boom-moo wrote:
    Was she forcing the meeting? She must have seen them coming into the castle and she waited to go down until they were inside. Maybe it's me the only one who finds something off in that scene.

I can see your point, where she comes from there is nothing more than a window. But I would say that they just wanted her to come around the corner, without thinking about that there are some people who know there is just a window. I guess it's just bad thinking...

Why didn't they just let her come aorund the right corner? Well, maybe they wanted Arthur and Gwen coming from and leaving in different directions because Arthur then goes around the right corner.

boom-moo

[124]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 75
    I agree Liviana. And they wanted Merlin out of the picture so they just crashed him into the wall Lol

ciry89

[125]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 4

I've just re-watched the ep, and I've liked itmore now than the first time...It's not my favourite again, but there are several scenes that I enjoyed, so I definetly pass it Though the little incoherence about Sidh, who wanted to kill Arthur in the first season, but I embrace the theory for Arthur was plan A...

D-syfer

[126]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 10
    Well, Sophia's father said that Arthur was the greatest prince of all. So no wonder everybody, both humans and magical creatures, want him, dead or alive.

pcdsa

[127]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 12

boom-moo wrote:
    [If you remember at the end of 2x04, there's a window in there (where Gwen and Morgana hug at the end of the episode) so Gwen was looking out of the window as Elena and Co. leave and then still stayed for a while until Arthur and Merlin went up the outside steps and into the castle.
    To be honest I don't pay much attention to the surroundings so the scene seemed natural to me.
    dpebbleson wrote:
    I don't think episode was badly written. Actually the dialogues were pretty good, and so was characterization. It's the plot that is predictable, but hey! We can't always have plots and episodes like "The Crystal Cave", "The Labyrinth of Gedref" or "The Sins of the Father". They are gems, even more appreciated in context of lighter or more average episodes.
    For me there hasn't been a stand out episode as brilliant as 1.11, 2.08 and 2.12 so far in series 3. Fingers crossed for the remaining episodes...

Edited on 10/20/2010 10:41am