Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Episode 3x12 discussion - 'The Coming Of Arthur, Part 1'

ACDiNosey

[21]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 28

arwyn-t wrote:

pcdsa wrote:
    I too am very very disappointed that Arthur threatened that Druid boy and used him as a bargaining tool - it ruined the whole episode for me.

Oh come on. There are threats and there are bluffs. Arthur was clearly bluffing, he'd never harm a boy.

No, but he was a bit too Pendragony (a bit forceful and arrogant) to my taste, like he knew better (I know, what's new!). I liked how the druids gave him the cup straight away, though.

This is going to give me nightmares forever more!!!

Edited on 11/27/2010 12:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[22]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 75
    The link doesn't work for me.

pcdsa

[23]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 12

arwyn-t wrote:
    Oh come on. There are threats and there are bluffs. Arthur was clearly bluffing, he'd never harm a boy.
    He probably was, but I want him to be much better than that!!!!

cassiop_yeaaah

[24]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 7

I can't see the link either.

I also think that it is weird that Morgana would trust Gwen to follow her instead of Arthur. And why does she suddenly ask her to stay loyal and by her side ? she has tried to hurt her the last 5 episodes...

Edited on 11/27/2010 12:53pm

boom-moo

[26]Nov 27, 2010
    cassiop_yeaaah wrote:

Me neither.

I also think that it is weird that Morgana would trust Gwen to follow her instead of Arthur. And why does she suddenly ask her to stay loyal and by her side ? she has tried to hurt her the last 5 episodes...

I think that Morgana wants her by her side so she stays away from Arthur. If she has Gwen under control, she might have a chance to avoid her prophetic dream about Gwen being crowned Queen of Camelot from happening.

ACDiNosey

[27]Nov 27, 2010

Link works now, I was being a moron. I wondered whether Morgana wanted to get some leverage out of Gwen (to ultimately get to Arthur). Let's not forget that Morgana doesn't know that Gwen knows, so I guess she has to keep up appearences as far as she is concerned!

I hope one day they will explain to us why Sir Leon is so special. He's the only one of the knights to be called Sir.

Edited on 11/27/2010 12:55pm

boom-moo

[28]Nov 27, 2010
    Oi, shouldn't have clicked But he has gone through fire and lived, he is gonna be alright

Connor91

[29]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 6

cassiop_yeaaah wrote:

I can't see the link either.

But Morgana doesn't know that Gwen knows that Morgana was responsible for all that.

boom-moo

[30]Nov 27, 2010
    I think that Morgana wants her by her side so she stays away from Arthur. If she has Gwen under control, she might have a chance to avoid her prophetic dream about Gwen being crowned Queen of Camelot from happening.

Also, Gwen knows how to read Morgana very well, so she plays the 'I know you're a magical witch' just fine. She is gonna pretend that her loyalty is with her, to work from within.

Connor91

[31]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 6

arwyn-t wrote:

pcdsa wrote:
    I too am very very disappointed that Arthur threatened that Druid boy and used him as a bargaining tool - it ruined the whole episode for me.

I didn't actually think it was clear he was bluffing at all. Thats what made it so uncomfortable.

clbirty

[32]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 4
    Loved the episode. Yipee everyone knows morgana is evil. Morgana wants gwen to work for her as she thinks arthur is dead. So can no longer do any harm. Its going to be a very long week next week. Am glad that it looks like arthur and gwen kiss more than once.

boom-moo

[33]Nov 27, 2010
    clbirty wrote:
    Am glad that it looks like arthur and gwen kiss more than once.
    And Lancelot is watching!

ManiacBishop

[34]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 2
    no he's not. he's in the woods. they kiss in the cave.

Why is Sir Leon yelling no? Writers - stop threatening his existence. it makes fandom get sweaty bums.
    Edited on 11/27/2010 1:10pm

cassiop_yeaaah

[35]Nov 27, 2010

boom-moo wrote:
    It's may be being naive but for some raison I thought she really did want to save Gwen... maybe it is because she doesn't smirk when she is holding her (she is smiling but I thing that she is just happy for all that is happening... I guess).

Connor91 wrote:

But Morgana doesn't know that Gwen knows that Morgana was responsible for all that.

Well it's kind of obvious now! I mean, Morgana is sort of confessing that she agrees with the attack. She still thinks that gwen doesn't know about her magic but she has now shown herself as a traitor.

boom-moo

[36]Nov 27, 2010
    Hello ManiacBishop and welcome to the forum

I had to edit your post because spoilers are not allowed outside the spoilers thread for the sake of spoiler free people around.

Please bear that in mind for the future and other than that, have fun around.

ACDiNosey

[37]Nov 27, 2010
    Was I the only one to think that the episode echoed with other in the Season? The whole Crystal Cave parallel was quite obvious, the "prepare for the siege" scenes that were totally ripped of TUP and the scene where Merlin packs and Arthur can't tell him where he goes/what he's going to do sort of like the eye of the phoenix. Doesn't spoil my enjoyment at all, but just thought it was an interesting way to tie things in. And Merlin is still as rubbish as ever with healing spells...

boom-moo

[38]Nov 27, 2010
    I didn't get that feeling, AC. But I noticed the ripped out scene from 2x13 that was used in 3x04 being used again as Arthur and Merlin ride through the forest.

ManiacBishop

[39]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 2
    yes.. er why is merlin so awful at healing spells exactly? he can do just about everything else and given his mentor has *some* interest in the topic is seems a bit off.

also, count me in with not being cool with threatening the boy. not cool arthur. even before he put a sword to his neck he was still man-handling the poor thing who clearly didn't know wtf was going on. even merlin told him to stop.

arthur did not look good in the episode. is it me or has he regressed in season 3?

cassiop_yeaaah

[40]Nov 27, 2010

ACDiNosey wrote:
    Was I the only one to think that the episode echoed with other in the Season? The whole Crystal Cave parallel was quite obvious, the "prepare for the siege" scenes that were totally ripped of TUP and the scene where Merlin packs and Arthur can't tell him where he goes/what he's going to do sort of like the eye of the phoenix. Doesn't spoil my enjoyment at all, but just thought it was an interesting way to tie things in. And Merlin is still as rubbish as ever with healing spells...
    Don't forget the "Arthur is unconscious when merlin is doing magic" ( and Gwaine is lost somewhere ...) and also the "they are all saved by a sudden fire but nobody ask questions about how ?"