Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Episode 4x11 'The Hunter's Heart' discussion thread

wilfeli

[61]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 5

boom-moo wrote:
    fantasymommy wrote:

why he didn't ask her where she was going to go/hide from Helios?

I was a tad disappointed there as well

Could it be strange editing due to time constraints? It looked like that to me, but...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[62]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 75
    Could be but it takes 10-15 seconds for Merlin to ask Gwen what she plans to do and where she plans to go. Even if she doesn't know, at least it would have showed that Merlin cares.

wilfeli

[63]Dec 12, 2011

boom-moo wrote:
    Could be but it takes 10-15 seconds for Merlin to ask Gwen what she plans to do and where she plans to go. Even if she doesn't know, at least it would have showed that Merlin cares.

I hope that we will see something to clarify this question in 4x12-13, as it felt very uncaring for Merlin to leave Gwen like that without anything in the middle of a forest!

boom-moo

[64]Dec 12, 2011
    It did, so out of character of Merlin particularly after knowing that Morgana has Gwen on her radar. I also hope we get to know that there was some out of camera exchange between them after all.

ACDiNosey

[65]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 28
    Well, I just assumed this was something they didn't have time to show on camera...

jaqtkd

[66]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 6

I too assumed a cut scene where Merlin originally told her he should go to Ealdor if she had nowhere else to go.

boom-moo

[67]Dec 12, 2011
    Why are you all guys assuming Melrin tells Gwen to go to Ealdor? Ealdor seems to be quite far away from Camelot. And I'm just saying...

jaqtkd

[68]Dec 12, 2011

She's banished from Camelot - it's on the border and Merlin would want her to be somewhere safe and knows his mother would take her in. That was why I though she'd have gone there when Uther banished her too. It's why I thought Merlin would suggest it, even if it never did or does happen.

LizzyGlue

[69]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 20

ACDiNosey wrote:
    Well, I just assumed this was something they didn't have time to show on camera...
    I totally assumed just the same. Considering the length of each episode and that they do want to include the traditional humoristic Merlin moments, they sacrifice some of the obvious caring or dramatic ones we'd love to see...

boom-moo

[70]Dec 12, 2011
    I thought it might be Ealdor when they showed the stone houses at the beginning of the episode but turned out to be a random village.

wilfeli

[71]Dec 12, 2011

I was also trying to make sense of Gwen not asking Merlin about her injury and how he found her. And then I remembered that non-magical people aren't very curious about what magic could or couldn't do: in 2x11 Arthur just dismisses Merlin questions about trap in a camp, they do not ask why Merlin is alive in 4x02, now - Gwen just accepting that all of it was magic (what Morgana did to her) no other explanation required. And it actually makes sense, them being young and having spend their whole life in a kingdom where magic is banned.

Edited on 12/12/2011 2:19pm

ABCphan

[72]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 1

I think that Merlin assumed that she knew what she was doing. I can't really tell how long she's been gone but she,s just shown for the most part she took care of herself. Had she not chosen to save Camelot she would have been ok. My guess is she will find shelter in another village or somehow hook up with T&I. Still not sure why she didn't just go to Mary.

Oh are we to assume Arthur has sent somene to look for Gwen from his conversation w/Merlin?

Edited on 12/12/2011 2:36pm

fantasymommy

[73]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 9

ABCphan wrote:

I think that Merlin assumed that she knew what she was doing. I can't really tell how long she's been gone but she,s just shown for the most part she took care of herself. Had she not chosen to save Camelot she would have been ok. My guess is she will find shelter in another village or somehow hook up with T&I. Still not sure why she didn't just go to Mary.

Oh are we to assume Arthur has sent somene to look for Gwen from his conversation w/Merlin?

At first I thought that Arthur was implying that he wanted to send someone to look for Gwen but after I rewatched the episode I don't think so. He is just musing about when/if they are reunited.

West3rd

[74]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 11

ABCphan wrote:
    I can't really tell how long she's been gone

I would say a few months (but you never know with Merlin)Arthur at the beginning "My Lords fellow Knight and gentlemen he mentions "many months of confidential negotiations"

boom-moo

[75]Dec 13, 2011
    Arthur is knocked unconscious or prevented from knowing about Merlin's magic:
    -He is busy chatting with Princess Mithian to notice Merlin's pranks.
    -He thinks it's the crossbow's fault when he misses the deer.

fantasymommy

[76]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 9

Upon rewatch, I think TPTB missed a wonderful opportunity for some courtly dancingLaughing Arthur says during the dinner celebration that there will be dancing and Agravaine puts him off by saying " I do feel that dancing is best performed in youth and appreciated in age." The next scene should have been Arthur and Mithian (and the rest of the Knights and ladies of the Court) engaged in some kind of traditional paired dance...it would have been a fantastic scene and added to the budding romantic overtones of the night. The next scene in the hallway when Arthur is walking Mithian to her chambers would have been that much better...IMO:-)

PenguinSuzie

[77]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 10

I thought for a bit that they were going to show some dancing too. If not Agravaine then Arthur and Mithian. That would have been great to see. The entire room dancing.

Edited on 12/13/2011 7:51am

wilfeli

[78]Dec 13, 2011

PenguinSuzie wrote:

I thought for a bit that they were going to show some dancing too. If not Agravaine then Arthur and Mithian. That would have been great to see. The entire room dancing.

Sigh, given how long it takes for them to shoot banquettes - dancing is off limits I'm afraid. But I hoped for it too.

Chayiana

[79]Dec 13, 2011

wilfeli wrote:

PenguinSuzie wrote:

Sigh, given how long it takes for them to shoot banquettes - dancing is off limits I'm afraid. But I hoped for it too.

Hehe, same here! I really would've loved to see Agravaine dancing. Or at least Arthur and Mithian, but I think, too, there just wasn't enough time. It's a pity! They really should have 90 min instead of 45 min for each episode.

I also realised that they cut out yet another scene. Right before Mithian arrived, they filmed a little chat between Arthur and Agravaine on the steps. Unfortunately, I couldn't understand what they were saying, only that Arthur said something about "for both sides". It seemed as Arthur was trying to convince Agravaine of the marriage with Mithian... but I could be wrong, of course.

jaqtkd

[80]Dec 13, 2011

I posted one of these before and all these series 4 chapters have been good but this one!? This one is my favourite! But then I may be biased because I view this episode in much the same way as the author. Still, I think you'll all find something to like in this - what every your opinion.

The Amusing Reviews