Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Episode 5x10 'The Kindness Of Strangers' discussion thread

PenguinSuzie

[21]Dec 9, 2012
    • level: 10
    I was thinking the same thing. It makes me really sad. I do love how close they are these days though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[22]Dec 9, 2012
    • level: 75
    What Arthur says about magic:
    -He doesn’t believe Merlin when he says that marks in the tree are the product of magic and thinks that it’s just stags marking their territory as it is rutting season.
    -When Sir Leon tells him about a town that has been attacked, Arthur immediately thinks of Morgana as the culprit.
    -He isn’t impressed with his knights who failed to capture an old woman (Finna) despite outnumbering her and her companion even though they used magic to escape from the knights.

illegalferret

[23]Dec 12, 2012
    • level: 25

Finally got around to watching this episode, following a busy weekend and a stressful previous 36hrs. I watched it to cheer me up, ok i know series 5 Merlin is hardly a barrel of laughs but seeing them all on screen did make my day infinitely better.

Good things about it, finally a female magical person who was totally good! It's only taken 62 episodes but they've finally done it! I liked how they didn't reveal whether she was with Morgana or against her til about half way through which add to the tension as you tried to work out if Merlin or Gaius was in the right. The scenes between Guinevere and Arthur were sweet, it's nice seeing them together and happy after her little magical incident and i think it also sets up the probably coming fall all the more. We know danger and death is coming, it's building episode by episode and i'm really desperate to see how it will all pan out.

It was nice to see the Dragon again, we've not seen him in ages! It was a bit of a shock to see him all old looking, but i suppose they're setting it up that the Dragon won't be around to just sweep in and save the day during the final battle. The creepy faceless twist at the end was unexpected but it clearly shows that the final 2 parter is in a fact a final 4 parter!

boom-moo

[24]Dec 12, 2012
    Arthur and Gwen moments:
    -They go on a picnic together.
    -“Sometimes I forget how beautiful Camelot is. But never how beautiful my queen is.”
    -Merlin tells Gwen that he hasn’t seen Arthur so happy in a long time.
    -Arthur wants to surprise Gwen with breakfast in bed and some flowers.

dpebbleson

[25]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 23
    This episode was okay though not much happened. It's been a couple of days since I watched it, so I've forgotten some details.

I agree with Sarah that it's nice to see a good magical user

I found it funny that Morgana has declared war. Hasn't she been at war already ever since end of S3? But I guess this was meant as the declaration of war leading in to Camlann disaster.

The episode toys with the whole secrecy of magic issue, but doesn't resolve it. Also, I remember S4 was announced as the "Search for Emrys" series, while the concentrated search for Emrys shows just now, at the very end of S5. It seems, though, like Morgana will find out, through Mordred or some other capacity. It took her long enough, though. Nimueh did it in a matter of few episodes.

I like the raven mail and how it works, though it has little to do with the show itself

Seeing the Dragon in such bad shape was kind of drastic and unexpected. It seems the long years have finally caught up with him, and he's a goner too. Though his friendship with Merlin is a very peculiar and interesting one, and has been one of the highlights of the show.

There were no Premonitory Dreams, nor Smirks of Doom.

boom-moo

[26]Dec 13, 2012
    dpebbleson wrote:
    There were no Premonitory Dreams, nor Smirks of Doom.
    Thanks

Episode 5x10 RIP list:
    -Alator, killed by Morgana.
    -Finna who kills herself.
    -Random knight of Camelot, killed by Morgana using the Ragaid.

Episode 5x10 Lives Saved list:
    -Finna and the Great Dragon save Merlin’s life.

Wonder_

[27]Dec 16, 2012
    • level: 4

Liar, Liar:

- Merlin lies to Arthur about the horse snorting instead of him

- Merlin lies to Arthur and Gwen about thinking he'd heard voices

- Gaius lies to Arthur about a patient telling him about Finna

- Merlin lies to Leon about looking for herbs

- Merlin lies to Mordred about going to 'relieve himself' (not sure about this one since it was Mordred that spoke, but Merlin agreed?)

Edited on 12/16/2012 4:05am

boom-moo

[28]Dec 16, 2012
    That's my exact list, Wonder_ ! Thank you