Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Episode discussion - 3x13 'The Coming Of Arthur Part 2'

boom-moo

[21]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 75
    cassiop_yeaaah wrote:
    Some things were too convenient
    They were indeed. We guessed right that fitting so many events and so much epicness in a single episode would bring about some Overall I loved the episode but I agree a bunch of things sounded a bit too convenient.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ACDiNosey

[22]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 28
    Well, I was right that Merlin uses the sword to push the cup (HP plot-thieves in action). Seriously, why did he need the sword?

ellac4

[23]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 5

Just got home. How about a quick summary of what I missed? From some of the comments, it sounds like it was epic. But I'm not exactly sure what happened! LOL! Please, some help!!

boom-moo

[24]Dec 4, 2010
    ACDiNosey wrote:
    Well, I was right that Merlin uses the sword to push the cup (HP plot-thieves in action). Seriously, why did he need the sword?
    For nothing at all. He could have taken a further step and empty the cup with his hands

I loved Gaius willing to be left behind not to slow down the others (aww) and then blowing Morgause away. Go Gaius!

pcdsa

[25]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 12
    Loved the Round Table scene - it was so moving and enjoyed Arthur forcing Merlin to join at the end. Also loved Arthur bestowing the knighthoods. I was so proud of Arthur in these two scenes.
    Loved the two Arthur-Guinevere kisses.
    Yay for the Dragon and his allegiance to Merlin, never Morgana. Disappointed that Arthur did not wield Excalibur but realised that TPTB were setting it up for the sword in the stone.
    I don't feel at all sorry for broken Uther - he deserves it.
    I hope Arthur takes more control in S4 and that there won't be a reset with Uther revoking the knighthoods and Arthur-Guinevere can be open with Uther.

clbirty

[26]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 4
    ACDiNosey wrote:
    I think he used the sword to make it look more dramatic. It wouldnt have looked the same if he just pushed it off.

boom-moo

[27]Dec 4, 2010
    pcdsa wrote:
    I hope Arthur takes more control in S4 and that there won't be a reset with Uther revoking the knighthoods and Arthur-Guinevere can be open with Uther.
    I would be absolutely disappointed if there would be a reset. Uther is really in no position to become smug and full of himself again.

cassiop_yeaaah

[28]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 7

clbirty wrote:
    ACDiNosey wrote:
    I think he used the sword to make it look more dramatic. It wouldnt have looked the same if he just pushed it off.
    Lmao !!!!!!

I have a question : In the end, does Uther knows about Morgana having magic ? She kind of gave some hints when they were talking but nobody saw her using it other than Merlin and Gaius at the end...

pcdsa

[29]Dec 4, 2010
    Well we know Uther is one big hypocrite...

I would have preferred it if Arthur started the Round Table tradition rather than the ancient kings of Camelot.

ACDiNosey

[30]Dec 4, 2010
    Right Ellac, I'll take pity on you. Sir Leon is asked by Morgana to swear allegiance but he refuses. The knights are taken out to be shot but when they refuse to give their allegiance, she orders the guards to shoot the crowd.
    Gwen asks morgana if she can go see Leon to convince him (apparently her mother served in Leon's family).
    Goes to see leon and tells him she'll help him escape. They do manage, somehow, and Gwen helps Leon to escape and join the others by smuggling him out of Camelot in an epic dress
    In the meantime, the knights-to-be are settling in a cave. Arthur is forlorn. Merlin accidentally breaks the little water bottle and Freiya appears, telling him to go get the sword. So a dragon-ride later, he's back with the sword. Morgana spiked Gwen's drink so the M sisters follow her to the cave where the men in tights are hidden.
    They just about manage to escape thanks to Lancelot and Percival in the most brilliant case of right place right time you've ever seen. They get back to a nice abandoned castle, where they discover a big nice round table. Arthur apparently knew about the table, and asks everybody to sit. A nice epic speech later and everybody (bar Giaus, Merlin and Gwen) is now a knight. Lovely response by Merlin when everybody swears allegiance by the way. They all go to fight the fight. Merlin and Lancelot get together to get to the Cup, pretending to do something else (namely, remove a bell). They all fight happily, some are injured (but not badly). Merlin nearly gets to the Cup but Morgause gets there. With a bit of help from Gaius, Merlin defeats Morgause and empties the cup, so all the army dies. Morgana finds the very still Morgause and screams, causing the ceiling to fall onto her (seriously, Camelot has serious problems with their brickwork!). All's well that ends well, except we don't know where the cup, Morgana or Morgause have disappeared. Gwen, who had been left behind, is brought back to Camelot and Arthur makes their relation obvious to all who want to see. I've omitted things, including the brilliant Uther scenes, but they're not really essential, so here you are. Hope you like it

zeencat

[31]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 10
    i really thought that Morgause or Morgana were going to find out that Merlin had magic. But no.

ellac4

[32]Dec 4, 2010

ACDiNosey wrote:
    Right Ellac, I'll take pity on you. Sir Leon is asked by Morgana to swear allegiance but he refuses. The knights are taken out to be shot but when they refuse to give their allegiance, she orders the guards to shoot the crowd. Gwen asks morgana if she can go see Leon to convince him (apparently her mother served in Leon's family). Goes to see leon and tells him she'll help him escape. They do manage, somehow, and Gwen helps Leon to escape and join the others by smuggling him out of Camelot in an epic dress In the meantime, the knights-to-be are settling in a cave. Arthur is forlorn. Merlin accidentally breaks the little water bottle and Freiya appears, telling him to go get the sword. So a dragon-ride later, he's back with the sword. Morgana spiked Gwen's drink so the M sisters follow her to the cave where the men in tights are hidden. They just about manage to escape thanks to Lancelot and Percival in the most brilliant case of right place right time you've ever seen. They get back to a nice abandoned castle, where they discover a big nice round table. Arthur apparently knew about the table, and asks everybody to sit. A nice epic speech later and everybody (bar Giaus, Merlin and Gwen) is now a knight. Lovely response by Merlin when everybody swears allegiance by the way. They all go to fight the fight. Merlin and Lancelot get together to get to the Cup, pretending to do something else (namely, remove a bell). They all fight happily, some are injured (but not badly). Merlin nearly gets to the Cup but Morgause gets there. With a bit of help from Gaius, Merlin defeats Morgause and empties the cup, so all the army dies. Morgana finds the very still Morgause and screams, causing the ceiling to fall onto her (seriously, Camelot has serious problems with their brickwork!). All's well that ends well, except we don't know where the cup, Morgana or Morgause have disappeared. Gwen, who had been left behind, is brought back to Camelot and Arthur makes their relation obvious to all who want to see. I've omitted things, including the brilliant Uther scenes, but they're not really essential, so here you are. Hope you like it

WOW! Thanks so much. Now the comments make sense. (I was REALLY wondering about Leon and that dress talk!)

clbirty

[33]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 4
    zeencat wrote:
    i really thought that Morgause or Morgana were going to find out that Merlin had magic. But no.
    At least morgause knows gaius has magic.

pcdsa

[34]Dec 4, 2010

cassiop_yeaaah wrote:
    In the end, does Uther knows about Morgana having magic ? She kind of gave some hints when they were talking but nobody saw her using it other than Merlin and Gaius at the end...

I don't think he knows. It seems no one knows so she kept it quiet during her week long reign.

I thought Morgause would find out about Merlin and then she would be killed in the end. But I'm pleased they have left it open for her to return.

Also it looks like Morgana will be out of Camelot for S4. Wonder if she will have less appearances, which is what people were worried about when S2 ended.

boom-moo

[35]Dec 4, 2010
    clbirty wrote:
    At least morgause knows gaius has magic.
    And she's learnt it in the hard way. Go Gaius!

ACDiNosey

[36]Dec 4, 2010
    ellac4 wrote:

WOW! Thanks so much. Now the comments make sense. (I was REALLY wondering about Leon and that dress talk!)

Wait till you see the dress and the scene where he tries to remove it (with compulsory barechested scene)... It is really hilarious.

boom-moo

[37]Dec 4, 2010
    pcdsa wrote:
    Also it looks like Morgana will be out of Camelot for S4. Wonder if she will have less appearances, which is what people were worried about when S2 ended.
    I guess she might have less screen time but more quality one, so to speak. While in Camelot she has just hidden behind corners and smirked. She has also been sitting in her chair at the council room, spying behind windows, reporting to Morgause... a lot of her screen time hasn't been a big deal. Now that she can't stay in Camelot I guess she'd be the recurrent baddie. She might be absent from some episodes but have a (fingers crossed) more powerful role in those she appears.
    Edited on 12/04/2010 1:18pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ellac4

[38]Dec 4, 2010

ACDiNosey wrote:
    ellac4 wrote:

Wait till you see the dress and the scene where he tries to remove it (with compulsory barechested scene)... It is really hilarious.

I can't wait! Sounds great.

What about Uther? How did he end the episode?

boom-moo

[39]Dec 4, 2010
    ellac4 wrote:
    Merlin asks Arthur about him. Arthur is not sure what to reply. Merlin tells Arthur that it might be time for him to be king. Arthur replies that one never knows what the future will bring. Cut to Gwen making her entrance surronded by the knights. Arthur walks over and kisses her. Another very open plotline there.

pcdsa

[40]Dec 4, 2010

ellac4 wrote:
    Broken