Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Favourite pairings?

Favourite pairing?

  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [41]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    Maybe they do, I won't ruin it for you. Make sure to come back with your thoughts once you've watched it all
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of crashingdown

    crashingdown

    [42]Apr 10, 2010
    • member since: 06/13/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 281
    Now that I've caught myself up (haha), I have some comments.

    Gwen and Arthur...I don't know. I'm kind of warming to them, but not quite. I don't like Gwen's heart is torn between Lancelot and Arthur in the first place (I'm not a fan of the wavering heart). I especially don't like that Arthur seems to be a-okay with settling for having half of her affections even though he knows that she obviously cares about Lancelot.

    I cannot believe that Merlin tried to off Morgana. Stupid, Merlin!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pcdsa

    pcdsa

    [43]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 01/03/10
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,558

    crashingdown wrote:
    I don't like Gwen's heart is torn between Lancelot and Arthur in the first place


    I agree, which is why I can't fully warm to Guinevere - even though her feelings for both of them are real and honest.


    crashingdown wrote:
    I especially don't like that Arthur seems to be a-okay with settling for having half of her affections even though he knows that she obviously cares about Lancelot.


    As Arthur said in 2.10 "You can't help who you fall in love with." He held back after 2.04 because of Lancelot but everything changed in 2.10 after the true love's kiss. Lancelot forgotten...


    ---


    My only problem with Arthur and Guinevere is that TPTB are really going for the romance and not following the legends where Arthur is in love with her but she marries more out of convenience. So I'm really believing in their romance, but they have ultimately said that Guinevere will cheat with Lancelot. I don't see why they have to go down that road. They have changed so much why not this.

    Edited on 04/11/2010 3:17am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [44]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    pcdsa wrote:
    crashingdown wrote:
    I don't like Gwen's heart is torn between Lancelot and Arthur in the first place
    I agree, which is why I can't fully warm to Guinevere - even though her feelings for both of them are real and honest.
    That was me too, but I think that the torn bit was well written. It is not like Gwen was playing with both, she just fond herself in a triangle situation that she (or the men) never wished for.

    Gwen's feelings for Lancelot (and Lancelot's for Gwen) are more than clear in series 1. On the other hand, from the beginnig of series 1 to the end Arthur has changed a bit deal, and Gwen is aware of that: she knows he'll make a way better king that his father one day. She likes him (as a person) more than he did before.

    Then during series 2 things are pretty much the same. Neither Gwen nor Arthur are happy with the fact of sharing her house for some days but they do. And Arthur falls for her. Rushed indeed but hey, he does. Nothing indicates that her feeling have changed though. She does kiss him back but hey, he is the prince of Camelot, the future king and he is kissing her, a humble servant! I assume it's probably Gwen's first kiss so I understand why she was nervous/excited/curious/flattered/confused and whatnot not to enjoy it. But that was it. The last scene shows that it was probably more than just a kiss for Arthur, but at that stage I don't think Gwen can afford to hope or wants to hope at all. Her heart is still Lancelot's. Then in 2x03 I think that Arthur's puppy eyes kind of freak Gwen out. Morgana hints that she's been different lately, I guess Gwen has given a lot of thought to the events in 2x02 but who wouldn't? Then 2x04 only complicate things further for Gwen because then she knows that both Lancelot and Arthur love her, and to make things worse, everyone learns about everyone's feelings. I think it is really admirable of Lancelot to get out of the way. 2x06 and 2x07 show again how much faith Gwen has in Arthur, how much more he likes him (as a person) now and such feelings certainly help inforcing romantic ones. Plus I think Gwen believes that Lancelot left forever when he decided to get out of the way. Bit by bit, the circumstances and the events make her fall for Arthur as well. Then there's 2x10 and 2x12 and 2x13 where they are absolutely smitten. Now what? I for one am excited
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [45]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644
    Now she cheats on him!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pcdsa

    pcdsa

    [46]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 01/03/10
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,558

    Noooooooooooooooo!


    She tells Lancelot to get lost and for good!!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [47]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644
    But that wouldn't be fun for the ol' Lance! I guess if he returns we'll see some more love triangle dynamics. If he doesn't then he is indeed lost and for good.

    And she still hasn't cheated on Arthur since they never were in a relationship. And as much as they change the myths, they still have some basics that they go after.

    As far as I'm concerned they can let both go - I don't like either of them too much...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pcdsa

    pcdsa

    [48]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 01/03/10
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,558

    dpebbleson wrote:
    And she still hasn't cheated on Arthur since they never were in a relationship. And as much as they change the myths, they still have some basics that they go after.


    True, but I still wish it was different.


    boom-moo wrote:
    I think that the torn bit was well written. It is not like Gwen was playing with both, she just fond herself in a triangle situation that she (or the men) never wished for.


    Again true! Guinevere has done nothing wrong so far. But why I can't fully warm to her is that the cheating business is always there. If she commits fully to Arthur - no cheating - then I'll be happy.

    Edited on 04/11/2010 5:45am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [49]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644

    Though I must admit that in legends she cheats on him AFTER they got married...


    Here's a frustration for you pcdsa - what if they get married in the last episode of the last season, and there's Lancelot, and just before they go with the closing credits, we see Gwen wishfully glancing at him, ready to commit adultery at some point of future not covered by the show?


    Mwhahahahhaaahahah!!!

    Edited on 04/11/2010 6:23am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [50]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    pcdsa wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    And she still hasn't cheated on Arthur since they never were in a relationship. And as much as they change the myths, they still have some basics that they go after.
    True, but I still wish it was different.
    It is going to live different, the Lancelot affair in 2x04 is all we are getting *lives in happy bubble*

    pcdsa wrote:
    boom-moo wrote:
    I think that the torn bit was well written. It is not like Gwen was playing with both, she just fond herself in a triangle situation that she (or the men) never wished for.
    Again true! Guinevere has done nothing wrong so far. But why I can't fully warm to her is that the cheating business is always there. If she commits fully to Arthur - no cheating - then I'll be happy.
    None of the three have done nothing wrong so far. Lancelot decided to get out of the way when he realized that Arthur had feelings for Gwen, so I don't think he is gonna come back and try to romance Gwen now that she reciprocates the prince's feelings.

    __________

    dpebbleson wrote:

    Though I must admit that in legends she cheats on him AFTER they got married...


    Here's a frustration for you pcdsa - what if they get married in the last episode of the last season, and there's Lancelot, and just before they go with the closing credits, we see Gwen wishfully glancing at him, ready to commit adultery at some point of future not covered by the show?


    Mwhahahahhaaahahah!!!

    Having some fun huh, Cornelius?

    Photobucket
    Edited on 04/11/2010 6:45am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [51]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644
    Yup, fun's what I'm after. Though I might meet painful and terrible death
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pcdsa

    pcdsa

    [52]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 01/03/10
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,558

    Well done Esther, THE BIG STIRRER (aka dpebbleson) was getting way out of line.

    Anyway I'm sure the show will finish on a happy note - Arthur the glorious king marrying Guinevere. THE END. LA FIN. EL FINAL. HA KPAJY.

    Edited on 04/11/2010 10:57am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [53]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644
    Hah, pcdsa, you know I was gonna sue you to the international court of justice for that 'The Big Stirrer'... But then I saw that 'Na kraju', all in Cyrillic letters, and I just can't be angry with you

    И ја сам исто тако сигуран да ће серија да се заврши срећно - славни краљ Артур ће се венчати са Гвинивером. (Cyrillic)

    I ja sam isto tako siguran da ce serija da se zavrsi srećno - slavni kralj Artur će se venčati sa Gviniverom. (Latin)

    Meaning:

    I too am sure that the show will finish on a happy note - Arthur the glorious king marrying Guinevere.

    I'm sorry if I itched you a bit, you know I'm just kidding
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [54]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    It's a family show, they can't live kids with a sorrow face right? *wishful thinker dwelling still on her bubble*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [55]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644
    Ili mogu...? Ahem,... or they can...?

    Okay, I should stop now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pcdsa

    pcdsa

    [56]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 01/03/10
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,558

    boom-moo wrote:
    It's a family show, they can't live kids with a sorrow face right? *wishful thinker dwelling still on her bubble*


    Absolutely and definitely not wishful thinking.


    dpebbleson wrote:
    Hah, pcdsa, you know I was gonna sue you to the international court of justice for that 'The Big Stirrer'...


    Well I've got lots of evidence to support this (like your last post) - so I'm sure you would have lost.


    And yes, I know you're stirring / joking as am I!



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [57]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644

    Then I suggest we go for a settlement, you get the two houses (not the seaside one!), and toyota, and I get our three flats and renault! Is that fair enough for you? And, no, no, I know what you are thinking - but you can't get that LG DVD player! I need it to watch 'Merlin'.

    Edited on 04/11/2010 1:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [58]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    I just noticed about the actual poll at the top of the thread.

    Arthur/Merlin, Merlin/Gwen and Arthur/Morgana I can seee. Gwen/Morgana not really. But Uther/Gaius?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [59]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644
    Well, that's just... ill...

    But I can't stop laughing either
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [60]Apr 11, 2010
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    Well, Uther married a troll so he might be into anything
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.