We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

General Q&A Thread (Updated August 18th, 2012)

Chayiana

[221]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 6

I'm getting an error when I want to post something in the UFOM thread:

"Tag span may not have attribute class"

Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? Frown

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ACDiNosey

[222]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 28
    It sounds like you are copying and pasting information from an external source if you are getting this tag. If you need to sort it out, you can either type the same info manually, or edit the HTML. You can pm me if you're not sure how to do that

LizzyGlue

[223]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 20

Hi Chayiana, I use 2 PC's with either Windows XP or Vista to access this site. I sometimes get this error message when I type something in Word (MS Office) then paste it in as an entry to post.

When that happens, I close the thread's window, then re-open it. I then paste the text in Wordpad instead, copy it from there and paste it in back in where I want to post. I don't think it's about us doing anything wrong, I think the site just acts up like that. I'm not doing anything different, but sometimes I get the message, other times I don't

Chayiana

[224]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 6

You two may be right, I got this error, when I tried to copy and paste the tweet directly into the editor. After I worded it myself, it worked fine. That's a bit annoying, but good to know I wasn't the one messing things up.

PenguinSuzie

[225]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 10
    Is anyone else having trouble posting. Twice I wrote out two posts (one really quite long one) in different forums. But then with one of them I tried to post, the page didn't come up, I had to refersh it and then there was no record of it. Whenever I write a 'quick reply' then preview it and have to come out without sending, it's always still in it's default (unedited by whatever the preview didn't like of it) form when I open the 'Quick Reply' box. Is that itself a glitch or is it suppose to do that. Earlier I was doing that because it didn't like certain words (that's another really strange thing, considering the words aren't even remotely rude at all) but it had gone, also wouldn't let me go forwards to the preview again like it would have before. It's really irritating because it works every other time I do that so I just assume it's suppose to. I know if that in itself is theglitch then I have just been doing it wrong and accidenatly deleting my own non posted posts. It just always worked before. It's very annoying having to type out much larger posts again. Maybe I should get into the habit of copying the bigger ones before I preview or move them/try and post them at all. As sometimes it randomly bleeps out non rude words. A very weird thing. I found out coming out of preview but opening the 'Quick Reply' box and it keeping it there by accident and it's been working for me before.

Also is there a list of words it's bleep out somewhere. As it's just plain strange when it bleeps out words like 'general' wonder if it did it there.

boom-moo

[226]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 75
    I'm not having your problem but the site is really glitchy so if your connection works fine in other pages, then it's probably tv.com being fussy.

Sometimes different users have different issues. From time to time I get the really awful view of the site (I guess that's what you mean by the "unedited preview") but that's all about it. And nope, your entries aren't showing as double posts and the site isn't supposed to be doing that, it's nothing you are doing wrong. There are some words that the site doesn't like indeed (and not things it censors, just random characters) but that happens mostly when you paste something that you typed somewhere else like a word document. Usually, they are easy to identify. Gotta have patience while the staff sorts the page out. And yes, it's definitely a good idea to copy long posts before submitting them.

PenguinSuzie

[227]Sep 23, 2011
    Thanks boom-moo . Sorry for not posting that here in the first place.

boom-moo

[228]Sep 23, 2011
    That's ok, we all learn as we go

Keeping an orderly and neat forum goes in everyone's benefit. I hope you guys see it the same way.

PenguinSuzie

[229]Sep 24, 2011
    Thanks boom-moo. I think I was being a little over excitable and annoyed at my computer.

I didn't reply before about the icons, but thanks . I changed it back to the default orange with the person on it when the picture only ever showed up as a little x. I'll give it another try. I spent ages trying to re-size the picture (which I'm apparently not very good at ) it asks for so many different things when you do that. It's way to complicated .

po_nochka

[230]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 3

Quick Reply & quick quote do not work for me and when I use regular reply it does not add the reply and neither gives it any errors, the same for quote. I wanted to log out and log back in again, but log out does not work either.

Amazingly it all works OK from my home PC ( so far anyway)

boom-moo

[231]Sep 28, 2011
    There are a lot of features not working at the moment, and they vary from user to user and from browser to browser. tv.com staff contacted me yesterday and they told me they are looking into the matter. Here is hope it is fixed as quickly as possible

PenguinSuzie

[232]Sep 29, 2011
    Does anyone else have the problem where when you try to log in it tries to download things to your computer and still won't log on?

Also I can't see my own icon but I wondered if anyone else can? I'm not sure if the program I used to re size it just adds onto the size of the file when you save it which might be a problem. Having to down it so it's practically impossible to make out what's on it, while lowering everything to try and make it accept it can get really annoying (as it might also add on size to the file anyway so you have to down everything much further ). I'm probably doing it wrong though. Before when I said it was way to complicated I meant resizing photos to really tiny in Photoshop and getting this to accept them . Photoshop is what gets really complicated. Though it's surprising that TV.com only accepts such small pictures and size because you have to down it much further than 80x80 (and really crush the graphics) to get it to accept the size of the file. If anyone has any tips about it I'd really appreciate it .

Also I think it may have randomly logged me out before when I tried to post something, but wouldn't log back on. But when I closed that and went opened this site, I was logged on. I guess it's another glitch at the moment.

boom-moo

[233]Sep 29, 2011
    I've been receiving pms from a lot of users with a lot of different problems, from logging in to posting etc. I have also been contacted by the site staff and they said they are working into fixing all the wrongs. We'll see, here is hope they do it and quickly.

I can't see your icon, PenguinSuzie.

LizzyGlue

[234]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 20

PenguinSuzie, i can't see your Icon either.

When I uploaded a picture for mine, after I had re-sized it, it took me hours for it to work. Afterwords, I've only used links to pictures stored on an image hosting website (like Photobucket, Tinypic etc). I have to enter the link and save the preferences 2-3 times before it displays, but it works in my case.

PenguinSuzie

[235]Oct 1, 2011
    Thanks LizzyGlue I'll try that one and see if it works for me.

merthurwen

[236]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 4

Hi all,

Does anyone know is they have finished shooting for the season and do they commute from London daily when shooting in Cardiff? 21/2 -3 hours surely not. Guess they basically live out of hotels for 8 months of the year.

boom-moo

[237]Oct 7, 2011
    Going by the crew's twitters they are still filming (they usually wrap up around Bradley's birthday (October 11th), but I can't tell about commute arrangements. From what I gather, they don't go back to London every day and stay put in Cardiff (there are multiple twitter reports of people seeing the cast around in Cardiff during the week), although it's not uncommon for them to go to London over the weekend.

merthurwen

[238]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 4

Thanks

boom-moo

[239]Oct 7, 2011
    You are welcome

Paul Cripps just twittered that he's been invited to the Merlin wrap party to be held on Thursday (I guess the'll celebrate Bradleys's birthday too as they always do) so I assume that the filming should finish on Wednesday Source and Source.

PenguinSuzie

[240]Oct 8, 2011

Is it just here (Merlin Forum) that you shouldn't double post? As every other TV Series Forum I've been in on this site has had lots of it. Sorry this question is so random, I hope I don't sound to stuffy, or obsessive or something. Is it just because of different moderators then? Or is it a newer rule?