Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

General Q&A Thread (Updated August 18th, 2012)

camelotkitty12

[43]Sep 16, 2010
    • level: 5
    also---

To answer a couple of questions--

Mary Collins' son was in Camelot, because a friend was making something for him, that was going to be used for magical purposes. It could not be made anywhere else. I'm guessing that the friend turned him in, and that's why he was caught. There are MANY spellings of Morgana's name. Some say it is Morgan, which to me is a boy's name; some say it is Morgaine, which, in 1485, was allegedly how that name was spelled; some say it's Morgana. I think the writers here went for a nicer sounding name, Morgana, and they gave her a different Last name, which is Gorlois. The letter to Gwen that Arthur hand delivers to her in Sweet Dreams--I could not see it well enough to say what was on it, sorry!! Also---I did a little research. There is much mention of something called ALBION. At first I thought they meant AVALON, but that is not true. I found out that ALBION is another name for ENGLAND, which, in the time of Camelot, wasn't even "born" yet.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[44]Sep 17, 2010
    • level: 75
    camelotkitty12, please edit your posts (you have the option in the drop down menu at the bottom of every post) instead of double posting. Also, do not post the adresses of other sites that do not belong to CBS. Both double posting and posting links to other sites go against the TOS.

Thank you

camelotkitty12

[45]Sep 17, 2010

boom, plz check your PM. I am editing this post to ask qq abt Merlin eps instead.

1. In Sins of the Father, the camera clearly shows that Arthur still had enough rope, to use to get to the ground. My qq is, why did he not just slide DOWN it after Merlin said "there is no more rope!!" ???

2. A Kings daughter is a PRINCESS, right? well...why was King Olaf's daughter Vivian introduced as LADY Vivian instead of Princess Vivian? (Sweet Dreams) the same thing happened for Lady Catrina (Beauty and the beast) ?

Edited on 09/17/2010 9:20am

ellac4

[46]Sep 17, 2010

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    also--- To answer a couple of questions-- Mary Collins' son was in Camelot, because a friend was making something for him, that was going to be used for magical purposes. It could not be made anywhere else. I'm guessing that the friend turned him in, and that's why he was caught.

How interesting! Was this in the novelization of the episode?

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    2. A Kings daughter is a PRINCESS, right? well...why was King Olaf's daughter Vivian introduced as LADY Vivian instead of Princess Vivian? (Sweet Dreams) the same thing happened for Lady Catrina (Beauty and the beast) ?

You're absolutely right. I've also wondered about that.

Another point as to titles -- they refer to Bayard of Mercier as "Lord Bayard," not "King Bayard," even though he wore a crown and was apparently a fellow ruler to Uther.

boom-moo

[47]Sep 17, 2010
    camelotkitty12 wrote:
    boom, plz check your PM. I am editing this post to ask qq abt Merlin eps instead.
    I will soon, I get tons every day

1. A goof just like many others.

2. It's been a recurrent topic around, both about Vivian and Lord Bayard. Now, I don't have a proper reply but maybe kings' daughters are referred to as 'lady' when they are not to inherit the crown *shrugs* I can't think of an explanation for Lord Bayard of Mercia, though. Maybe he is a regent and has an old father still sitting in the throne. But then so is Arthur and he is a prince.

camelotkitty12

[48]Sep 17, 2010

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    also--- To answer a couple of questions-- Mary Collins' son was in Camelot, because a friend was making something for him, that was going to be used for magical purposes. It could not be made anywhere else. I'm guessing that the friend turned him in, and that's why he was caught.

ellac4 wrote:

ellac4 wrote----How interesting! Was this in the novelization of the episode?.

No, I don't think so. But due to my episode's captions, that is what I surmised on my own. He could have gone to another kingdom where Magic WAS allowed, but he chose Camelot instead, due to his friend being there. I am just guessing here, but I believe that Magic IS allowed in other kingdoms, as long as Uther doesn't know it. Maybe THAT is why he's at war with King Cenred? (oooohhh!!)

QUESTION---When Camelot was suffering a drought and failed crops, why do you think Uther refused to ask other kingdoms for help? (Labyrinth of Gedref)

ellac4

[49]Sep 17, 2010

camelotkitty12 wrote:

QUESTION---When Camelot was suffering a drought and failed crops, why do you think Uther refused to ask other kingdoms for help? (Labyrinth of Gedref)

Fear that the other kingdoms would interpret the plea for aid as an indication that Camelot was weak and vulnerable and that they would decide to take advantage of that weakness to attack.

boom-moo

[50]Sep 18, 2010
    camelotkitty12 wrote:
    But due to my episode's captions, that is what I surmised on my own. He could have gone to another kingdom where Magic WAS allowed, but he chose Camelot instead, due to his friend being there.
    That's interesting, I don't think we get that information in the episode.

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    I am just guessing here, but I believe that Magic IS allowed in other kingdoms, as long as Uther doesn't know it. Maybe THAT is why he's at war with King Cenred?
    I think magic is indeed allowed in other kingdoms, regardless if Uther knows about it or not. He only rules on his own and the rest can allow or forbid what they want.
    Edited on 09/18/2010 5:50am

camelotkitty12

[51]Sep 18, 2010

You can do your own guessing, about the back stories of an episode, by watching a person's eyes and facial expressions. I guess that is how I drew my conclusions about mary collin's son.

QUESTION!!!

I did not know if this was ok to post in the main episode thread that's up now, so I'm posting it here. I'm a bit confused as to where to post EPISODE questions-- HERE in this thread, or do we post them inside their respective EPISODE threads?

About Season 3, Episode 1--I have just watched it, But the timing on there was abt 26 minutes!!! Sooo--- my qq is, was this only a half-hour episode? Or did I miss something? I've also been looking for subtitles....but I've been unsuccessful in downloading that. Igot part 1 dl on notepad, but NOW I cannot recall where I got it.

I could not post my picture of a flying dragon here. Even tho I read Boom-moo's PM to me about it, I still couln't do it.

Edited on 09/18/2010 7:20pm

boom-moo

[52]Sep 19, 2010
    camelotkitty12 wrote:
    You can do your own guessing, about the back stories of an episode, by watching a person's eyes and facial expressions. I guess that is how I drew my conclusions about mary collin's son.
    Ok, now I get it why I couldn't recall getting that information from the episode.

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    I'm a bit confused as to where to post EPISODE questions-- HERE in this thread, or do we post them inside their respective EPISODE threads?
    You can choose either as long as the episode thread hasn't been inactive for a long time. Bumping old threads goes against the TOS.
    camelotkitty12 wrote:
    About Season 3, Episode 1--I have just watched it, But the timing on there was abt 26 minutes!!! Sooo--- my qq is, was this only a half-hour episode? Or did I miss something?
    You are missing half of the episode then. It is 42:15 without 3x02 promo.

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    I've also been looking for subtitles....but I've been unsuccessful in downloading that. Igot part 1 dl on notepad, but NOW I cannot recall where I got it.
    I'll Google and pm you a site.

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    I could not post my picture of a flying dragon here. Even tho I read Boom-moo's PM to me about it, I still couln't do it.
    You need to be level 3 to be able to post pictures.

camelotkitty12

[53]Sep 19, 2010

I can't erven post those smilies emoticons. How many more posts do I need to make, to get to level three?(giggle) this almost makes me want to bump ALL the old threads that haven't been used or locked. heheheheeheh

Question---does anyone have any idea as to when season 2 will be released on DVD for USA? I've checked google and Yahoo and Amazon, but there's still no word. [cry] waiting is the hardest part.....

boom-moo

[54]Sep 19, 2010
    Check post #1 for shortcuts on emoticons, that's the only way to post them.

And there's no fixed number of posts to level up, you gotta contribute with the site to keep going.

ellac4

[55]Sep 19, 2010

I noticed on Amazon.co.uk that they have novelizations of some episodes. The Amazon reviews indicated they were geared toward a teen audience. I then saw on another message baord where someone said she enjoyed them because they added little pieces of trivia about Camelot, like Uther having a hunting dog named Bruno, etc.

Has anyone read any of these? If so, did you think they were entertaining and added anything to the stories? Or are they just geared toward kids?

boom-moo

[56]Sep 19, 2010
    As far as I know, there are novelizations for kids and for adults. I've just read bits and pieces online and they sound nice (the ones for adults, that is. I can't tell about the ones for kids). And yeah, they add some stuff that is not in the show. I could compile a list of titles, I believe I saved some somewhere....

exactimondi

[57]Sep 19, 2010
    • level: 4

how do i post pictures? (i don't know if this is the forum meant for this type of question or not :/)

boom-moo

[58]Sep 19, 2010
    exactimondi wrote:

how do i post pictures? (i don't know if this is the forum meant for this type of question or not :/)

This is the right place indeed.

-You gotta upload the pic to a pic hosting site like Photobucket, Tinypic, Imageshack... whichever.
    -Then you gotta copy the code that the pic hosting pic provides you with. Usually, the code starting by "a" is the one that works better, bu the one starting by "img" works fine for some people too.
    -You paste that code into your post here and your job is done

camelotkitty12

[59]Sep 19, 2010

How do I GET to level 3? I knoticed exactimondi has only 6 post, and she's on level 3, and I have 18 post and I am still on level one!!! can someone please explain?

and boom-moo says you have to be on level 3 in order to post pics. I don'tunderstand?

Edited on 09/19/2010 2:02pm

dpebbleson

[60]Sep 19, 2010
    • level: 23
    You could write a review for an episode, it gets you more points so you advance faster through the levels.