Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

General Q&A Thread (Updated August 18th, 2012)

camelotkitty12

[401]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 5

In my thinking abt lancelot the shade...I'm guessing the letter frm Morgana told him to go back into the lake, and he was found floating dead in it, tho we didn't see that. But then, he wasn't REALLY dead, for he said "thank you, merlin" after Merlin freed him from Morgana's spell. THEN he died. Or did he?

Ok I have a qq abt itunes. I've learned that S4 is available, the whole season. But if I download it to my computer, will I be able to watch it with captions on my tv set? Has anyone else done this? Also, are deleted scenes on them?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[402]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 75
    camelotkitty12 wrote:

In my thinking abt lancelot the shade...I'm guessing the letter frm Morgana told him to go back into the lake, and he was found floating dead in it, tho we didn't see that.

Ok, whatever floats your boat (lol, pun not intended ) but it was nothing like that. Shade-Lancelot was found dead in the dungeon, he didn't get to leave Camelot at all.

Deleted scenes are not included in the episodes, regardless of the way you choose to watch them (that's why they are deleted ). They appear as extra material in the DVD boxsets, separated from the episodes they belong to.

WitchyWeasel88

[403]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 14

camelotkitty12 wrote:

Ok I have a qq abt itunes. I've learned that S4 is available, the whole season. But if I download it to my computer, will I be able to watch it with captions on my tv set? Has anyone else done this? Also, are deleted scenes on them?

I bought the s4 series pass from iTunes recently (and have done for previous series/seasons). There are no subtitles on the episodes and no deleted scenes but there were the bloopers this year as an extra (at least there was in the UK store). To watch it on your tv you'll probably have to connect your computer (or ipod with the video files on) to your set.

LizzyGlue

[404]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 20

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    But if I download it to my computer, will I be able to watch it with captions on my tv set? Has anyone else done this?
    Dear Kitty, you'll find standard format (.srt) subtitle files - here - that you can play simultaneously on your computer with VLC media player. There are other players that are compatible with subtitles (like DivX) but I'm not familiar with them. This will work if you have one individual file for each one on the episode.

To watch the episodes on your TV, you'll just need to proceed as WitchyWeasel88 said, by connecting your computer to your TV. You can do that by plugging the video card output and sound card output on your computer to the video input and Audio input on your TV. Then you'll have that Configure your computer to se your TV as a secong monitor. This will work if your TV is close to your computer of if you have a portale.

I've been working on a way to burn downloaded TV shows onto a DVD with subtitles for a friend, for him to watch directly on his TV, but I haven't succeeded yet. When I do, I'll let you know what I did , that is, if someone else on the forum doesn't post an easy how-to and make my day

Edited on 12/21/2011 9:07pm

sfsf

[405]Dec 23, 2011
    • level: 2

Just one question. As soon as 4x13 airs if we want to comment on that episode but use the little hints we now from the writers interviews about S5 as well should we use the ep 4x13 discussion thread, series 4 spoiler thread or a new series 5 spoilers/speculations thread?

Edited on 12/23/2011 2:47am

boom-moo

[406]Dec 23, 2011
    sfsf wrote:

Just one question. As soon as 4x13 airs if we want to comment on that episode but use the little hints we now from the writers interviews about S5 as well should we use the ep 4x13 discussion thread, series 4 spoiler thread or a new series 5 spoilers/speculations thread?

-Anything concerning S5 is a spoiler and can only be commented on in the spoilers thread.

-4x13 discussion thread is to discuss about anything having to do with the events as seen in the episode and not beyond that, unless it's a spoiler-free opinion / speculation on where a certain storyline might go which also fits there. It's natural for 4x13 discussion to stray a bit into what series 5 might bring, but it mostly should stick to the episode.

I'll open series 5 Spoilers and Speculation threads once 4x13 has aired.

dpebbleson

[407]Dec 25, 2011
    • level: 23
    Wikipedia article on Emilia Fox states that she appears in episode 4.07 in a deleted scene. Does anyone know anything about this?

boom-moo

[408]Dec 25, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    Wikipedia article on Emilia Fox states that she appears in episode 4.07 in a deleted scene. Does anyone know anything about this?
    They refer to these pictures, that were released as 4x07 promo pictures but belong to a scene that we never got to see. Maybe it is included in the Series 4 Volume 2 DVDs.

dpebbleson

[409]Dec 25, 2011
    boom-moo wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    They refer to these pictures, that were released as 4x07 promo pictures but belong to a scene that we never got to see. Maybe it is included in the Series 4 Volume 2 DVDs.

Thanks!

But I can't open the link, it doesn't seem to work..

boom-moo

[410]Dec 25, 2011
    It works for me, sorry twin. You can always go to Merlin's Keep site and check the promotional pictures under episode 4x07.

dpebbleson

[411]Dec 25, 2011
    boom-moo wrote:
    It works for me, sorry twin. You can always go to Merlin's Keep site and check the promotional pictures under episode 4x07.

It reports a server error - 'Could not locate remote server'. I've tried it on different browsers.. I've googled 'Merlin's Keep', and can't open it as well..

Could you somehow send me just those pics with Morgause?

boom-moo

[412]Dec 25, 2011
    Here you go:

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Disclaimer: No copyright infringement intended when posting these pictures. Merlin is property of BBC and Shine Ltd. )

dpebbleson

[413]Dec 25, 2011
    Thank you very very much!! Do we have any idea what this scene could have meant??

xxEsterr

[414]Dec 25, 2011
    • level: 9
    I think it has to do with that coin (to revive Lancelot), Morgause had given it to Morgana. BM could probably explain it better

dpebbleson

[415]Dec 25, 2011
    xxEsterr wrote:
    I think it has to do with that coin (to revive Lancelot), Morgause had given it to Morgana. BM could probably explain it better

Hmmm, you've definitely tickled my imagination Thank you. I wonder who all those people around Morgause are, it looks like some kind of underworld to me...

boom-moo

[416]Dec 25, 2011
    Yeah, as Ester points out some dialogue teasers reported Morgana having the coin in 4x07 but for some reason it was written off and the coin topic was delayed until 4x09.

dpebbleson

[417]Dec 25, 2011
    boom-moo wrote:
    Yeah, as Ester points out some dialogue teasers reported Morgana having the coin in 4x07 but for some reason it was written off and the coin topic was delayed until 4x09.

Thank you

PenguinSuzie

[418]Dec 27, 2011
    • level: 10

Thought I should ask here as well. Is the 'Series 5 Speculations Thread' also the place to talk about what you'd like to see in S5? Not just what could happen (without the spoilers).

I actually just deleted the post I made asking this in that thread as I think it probably belongs here. I was just a bit eager to start gushing about what I'd like to see in S5, that I was in the thread then thought it better to ask and asked there .

Edited on 12/27/2011 12:42am

boom-moo

[419]Dec 27, 2011
    The series 5 'Speculations without Spoilers Thread' is the place to talk about what you think might happen, what direction the show might take and how storylines might evolve based on the info we have from the previous seasons.

We all probably want different things to happen but that is beside the point.

PenguinSuzie

[420]Dec 27, 2011
    • level: 10
    Ok, thanks.

Would the character, episode & general threads be the best place to talk about things you'd like to see happen in S5? Depending on what topic it is.