Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

General Q&A Thread (Updated August 18th, 2012)

boom-moo

[461]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 75
    Thanks Sarah

Someone asked a while ago if it was possible to print the guides. It was at first but then with the layout changes the option was removed. I have just realized that the guides have been made printable again.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LizzyGlue

[462]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 20

Thanks a lot BM

fantasyfreak77

[463]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 14
    boom-moo wrote:
    Shall we keep opening themed rewatch threads? It appears that the idea didn't turn out to be a success. The last three ones haven't been commented on at all. I'd say that we should stop opening threads that will most likely remain untouched, it really makes no sense.
    I agree with you all. I haven't been contributing at all since the very first few themes.

jane9115

[464]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 5

Don't know if someone has asked this yet but is Merlin going to be at Comic Con?

boom-moo

[465]Jun 24, 2012
    Yes (check the last post at the UFOM ) but we don't know which cast members will attend.

jane9115

[466]Jun 27, 2012

So here's a question about SDCC (and I am terribly sorry BM if this is in the wrong forum!) but to those that have been before is it at all possible to go to the panel AND get an autograph?

boom-moo

[467]Jun 27, 2012
    Perfect place to ask

And yeah, you can both go to the panel and get an autograph indeed although I think that the autograph signing session is held before the panel and you should make sure to arrive early enough. You should check the Official site for details and also this link that was posted at the UFOM. As you can see both the panel and autograph session are scheduled.
    Edited on 06/27/2012 1:45am
    Edited 4 total times.

jane9115

[468]Jun 27, 2012

Thanks BM! If I ever meet you in real life I'm going to give you a bear hug!

boom-moo

[469]Jun 27, 2012
    You are welcome I consider myself bear-hugged, thanks!

And turns out that I was wrong and the autograph signing will be after the panel:

The panel will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday 7/15 Room 6BCF Source. There will also be an autograph signing immediately following the panel with stars Colin Morgan and Katie McGrath Source.
    Edited on 06/27/2012 3:36pm

boom-moo

[471]Jul 8, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:
    Shall we keep opening themed rewatch threads? It appears that the idea didn't turn out to be a success. The last three ones haven't been commented on at all. I'd say that we should stop opening threads that will most likely remain untouched, it really makes no sense:

If anyone is interested in discussing any theme they can always do it at the UFOM as per usual and this way we unburden people of the responsibility of having them up and running by the designed dates.
    For the reasons stated above and the feedback obtained the themed rewatch threads are cancelled. Anyone interested in discussing any remaining or past topic can do so at the UFOM as per usual. Thank you, everyone

Edit: I'm pm-ing all those involved in the themed rewatch with this news.

I have another question. I have decided to unpin the 'Pedia. It is a dead thread, awfully outdated and upon the last request to commit users to putting work into it almost no response was offered. What do you guys think?

Edited on 07/08/2012 11:40am

legend-dreamer

[472]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 13

boom-moo wrote:
    I have another question. I have decided to unpin the 'Pedia. It is a dead thread, awfully outdated and upon the last request to commit users to putting work into it almost no response was offered. What do you guys think?
    I wasn't present in the forum when the 'Pedia was started, but I would think that if it has lost it's committed users, then it would be best for it to be unpinned.

ACDiNosey

[473]Jul 26, 2012
    • level: 28
    I think it's fair enough, BM. It is very outdated and there isn't enough commitment to keep it going and keep it up to date. Plus, within the limitations of the site, the format isn't really appropriate for browsing/searches, which renders the whole exercise a little bit pointless.

dpebbleson

[474]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 23
    I dunno. For purely practical reason, it surely takes up space. But if the thread that's going to replace it isn't going to be 'long-lasting', then we will be replacing for no purpose. Also I'm against for purely sentimental reasons - but of course whatever the majority decides.

bkto

[475]Aug 25, 2012
    • level: 7

does anybody know when season five will be aired?

boom-moo

[476]Aug 25, 2012
    -The BBC has announced that they will only air 6 new episodes of Doctor Who during 2012 (5 episodes from series 7 + a Christmas Specia) and then 8 further ones during 2013 Source. The Doctor Who premiere will take place on September 1st Source with its 5th episode airing on September 29th before it goes on break.

-If Merlin is to fit its 13 episodes in the BBC's autumn schedule it should premiere on September 29th and finish on December 22nd, airing on the same night as Doctor Who as they did last year

-TPTB seem to believe that'd be the case as stated at the beginning of the 2nd scan here, here, here and here.

-According to CultFix Merlin series 5 will air on September 29th Source.

There is no official confirmation on the matter yet though.
    Edited on 08/25/2012 10:09am

PendragonLady

[477]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 4

Any further word yet on whether Series 6 is happening or not?

legend-dreamer

[479]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 13

boom-moo wrote:
    Season 6 going ahead?: "For example, let's say a character appears in one episodes and then appears again in a couple of episodes later. What happened with the guy between those two stories? That's the connection we would like to explore. And then, of course, in the future this relationship is gonna get hopefully closer and closer. So, we can tell stories together with the TV show by season six."Source.

According to a recent post by BM in the UFOM thread (#2384), it seems to be a strong possibility. The company working on the Facebook game also answers another question related to Series 6 in the last paragraph:

How do you guys intend to keep Merlin alive on Facebook beyond the end of the fifth season and then into the sixth?

Why I believe our game is going to last longer than the season is because it's not a marketing exercise. It's not designed to just sell the TV show. It's designed to be a part of a rich ecosystem where you have the toys, the collectible cards, books, of course the TV shows, the DVDs--a bunch of products. How do all of them add something to this universe and stand on their own? This is exactly what we're going to do. The big benefit of this is that there is a very engaged audience, and that audience is engaged all year round. Not just a trivial three or four months when the show is airing. So, we can see that there is a thirst for content. You can tell that from digital distributions and interactivity on forums. You encounter that people are eager to get that content. If you provide high quality, then they are very engaged. I feel that very strongly.

So based on this company's recent article about the Facebook game, it sounds like a "Yes". I think TPTB are waiting until the show starts to say the official word. (Although, it makes one wonder about TPTB not stopping the Facebook game creators from saying anything until it was "officially stated by Shine or the BBC. )

Edited on 08/28/2012 6:35am
    Edited 2 total times.

dh4645

[480]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 15

i know doctor who premieres on sept 1 on BBC America, but does Merlin air on BBC America, or just on BBC, then on Syfy later for us in USA.

I usually find Merlin online streaming in low quality online after the regular BBC premiere date, but if it's on BBC America, i'll just set it to record anyone know?

Edited on 08/28/2012 8:57am