Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

General Q&A Thread (Updated August 18th, 2012)

legend-dreamer

[481]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 13
    Merlin airs on SyFy first in the US, at least it has the last 3 seasons (2-4) BBC America only starting showing the first four seasons this past May, 2012.

For the SyFy network Merlin starts generally in the early part of the year, so January, 2013 is probably when Series 5 will air in the US. (Canada's SPACE channel usually shows Merlin around the same time.) Until we hear from each station that shows Merlin in it's home country, we don't know exact airing dates until they are announced.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[482]Sep 2, 2012
    • level: 75
    legend-dreamer wrote:
    Merlin airs on SyFy first in the US, at least it has the last 3 seasons (2-4) BBC America only starting showing the first four seasons this past May, 2012.

For the SyFy network Merlin starts generally in the early part of the year, so January, 2013 is probably when Series 5 will air in the US.
    Series 5 will premiere on Syfy on January 4th, 2013 Source.

And Syfy is running a series 4 marathon on September 13th starting at 8am. More details here.

camelotkitty12

[484]Sep 8, 2012
    • level: 5

Hi!! I had just heard that series 5 will premiere somewhere BBC or BBCA on September 29th 2012!! did anyone else get that info? sorry I can't post the source link here.

Edited on 09/08/2012 6:26pm

boom-moo

[485]Sep 8, 2012
    This is what we know, to the best of my knowledge dates haven't been confirmed yet.

boom-moo wrote:

When will series 5 air?
    -The BBC has announced that they will only air 6 new episodes of Doctor Who during 2012 (5 episodes from series 7 + a Christmas Specia) and then 8 further ones during 2013 Source. The Doctor Who premiere will take place on September 1st Source with its 5th episode airing on September 29th before it goes on break.

-If Merlin is to fit its 13 episodes in the BBC's autumn schedule it should premiere on September 29th and finish on December 22nd, airing on the same night as Doctor Who as they did last year

-TPTB seem to believe that'd be the case as stated at the beginning of the 2nd scan here, here, here and here.

-According to CultFix Merlin series 5 will air on September 29th Source. There is no official confirmation on the matter yet though.

camelotkitty12

[486]Sep 12, 2012
    • level: 5

yes, thank you, but what Channel will it premiere on on sept 29th? that's my mystery that I can't figure out.

Also have a q about this forum. I wanted to see where I last posted, I went into my profile, but I can't find out how to see where I last posted. any help please? thanks!!

legend-dreamer

[487]Sep 12, 2012
    • level: 13

The speculated September 29th start on the BBC (UK) is not a confirmed broadcast date. The BBC (UK) always shows Merlin weeks (even months) earlier than other countries in the world, it is not a simultaneous broadcast with any of the other countries.

We are still waiting for the official announcement from the BBC, which should be either this week or next week.

If you are asking what channel Series 5 will premiere on in the U.S., the answer to that is The SyFy Channel. And as BM mentioned in post #482 of this Q&A thread, the SyFychannel(US) has confirmed that they will broadcast Series 5 on January 4, 2013.

Edited on 09/12/2012 8:32pm
    Edited 2 total times.

boom-moo

[488]Sep 13, 2012
    The BBC has released its week 39 (Sep 29 - Oct 05) listing and Merlin is not on it. It might be added later on though.

Another possibility is that it might premiere on Oct 6th like Merlin’s Keep informed yesterday in their series 5 picture update. In that case, it will run along until after Christmas unless a double parter (the finale?) airs on the same night.

Still more speculation than anything until any official statement is released.

camelotkitty12 wrote:

Also have a q about this forum. I wanted to see where I last posted, I went into my profile, but I can't find out how to see where I last posted. any help please? thanks!!

Profile - Contributions - My Forum Posts
    Edited on 09/13/2012 9:54am

xxEsterr

[489]Sep 19, 2012
    • level: 9

Since the trailer of Labyrinthhas been removed from youtube, did anyone managed to save it on their computer and if so, could you maybesend it to me??
    or did anyone found another link to an available video, because I can't find any

Edited on 09/19/2012 12:49am

West3rd

[490]Sep 19, 2012
    • level: 11

xxEsterr wrote:

Since the trailer of Labyrinthhas been removed from youtube, did anyone managed to save it on their computer and if so, could you maybesend it to me??
    or did anyone found another link to an available video, because I can't find any

Hi Ester (hope I spelt your name correctly here you go here

xxEsterr

[491]Sep 19, 2012
    • level: 9

West3rd wrote:
    Hi Ester (hope I spelt your name correctly

Hii (your name is Sue right??) and yes, you spelled it correctly, I'm the Ester without the H and thanks! the trailer looks awesome

Edited on 09/20/2012 12:05am

boom-moo

[492]Sep 19, 2012
    Ester, for more information on Labyrinth and other projects where Katie is involved you should check the Morgana/Katie thread here (starting from the most recent posts and working your way up )

West3rd

[493]Sep 20, 2012
    • level: 11

xxEsterr wrote:
    Hii (your name is Sue right??) and yes, you spelled it correctly, I'm the Ester without the H and thanks! the trailer looks awesome

Yes correct I'm SueLaughing happy to help and I agree it looks awesome

illegalferret

[494]Sep 20, 2012
    • level: 25

Are we going to continue the "Things we've learnt whilst watching Merlin" thread when the show restarts?

Please

boom-moo

[495]Sep 22, 2012
    Of course, I don't see why not

dh4645

[496]Sep 25, 2012
    • level: 15
    i guess i'll just find it online streaming in low quality then the next day after airs on BBC. dont want to wait until it's officially on here in the US...impatient

dea300

[497]Sep 26, 2012
    • level: 12

According to this website:http://epguides.com/Merlin/, Merlin will premier in the UK on October 6th. But I'm not sure how reliable this site is...

boom-moo

[498]Sep 27, 2012
    dea300 wrote:

According to this website:http://epguides.com/Merlin/, Merlin will premier in the UK on October 6th. But I'm not sure how reliable this site is...

It's been made official already. A link was posted at the United Fans of Merlin thread Here you go.

JanetteCassar

[499]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 6
    by any chance could you know why suddenly I am no longer getting the toolbar to change font, size, and add links anymore when posting replies please?
    thanks

boom-moo

[500]Oct 25, 2012
    I can't tell for sure because the site has been having a lot of issues for the past few days so it could very well be another one of them.

Just in case, you can go to "preferences" on the top right corner of the side, and choose "boards". The where it says "Use WYSIWYG Editor" you need to indicate "yes". That sometimes does the trick.

Sorry but I can't help any further.