Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

General Q&A Thread (Updated August 18th, 2012)

exactimondi

[61]Sep 19, 2010
    • level: 4

boom-moo wrote:
    exactimondi wrote:

how do i post pictures? (i don't know if this is the forum meant for this type of question or not :/)

This is the right place indeed. -You gotta upload the pic to a pic hosting site like Photobucket, Tinypic, Imageshack... whichever. -Then you gotta copy the code that the pic hosting pic provides you with. Usually, the code starting by "a" is the one that works better, bu the one starting by "img" works fine for some people too. -You paste that code into your post here and your job is done

thank you, i think it worked

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[62]Sep 19, 2010
    • level: 75
    camelotkitty12 wrote:
    How do I GET to level 3? I knoticed exactimondi has only 6 post, and she's on level 3, and I have 18 post and I am still on level one!!! can someone please explain?
    Yes, you need to be level 3 or up to be able to post pics, links and other things. You level up by contributing to the site in many ways: posting entries in forums, posting blogs, commenting on your friends' blogs, making submissions to shows or actors, writing reviews, etc... actually posting entries in forums is what counts the less.

camelotkitty12

[63]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 5

well...do I make a review on the REVIEW section of tv.com?it looks like everyone else has done that on there. I'd rather post MY reviews here in the forum, in the episode thread. So-- where ARE the episode threads? They must be buried. there's 5 pages of threads here.

Biut I just noticed I am on level two---and I am a sweat hog? Heee heee heee!! I knowe that's frm Welcome Back, Kotter Hey there's something wrong with my post count---In the anything and everything thread I had 38 posts , and yet HERE i have only 20!! Can you explain? I'm still on level 2, thank goodness.

Edited on 09/20/2010 8:39am

dpebbleson

[64]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 24
    No, you'll have to go to the episode section of tv.com/merlin, which is outside this forum. There are reviews by other users for the episodes, and you can click to write your own review. If you write it there, it counts more, if you write it at the forum, it counts as a forum post, and not a review.

boom-moo

[65]Sep 20, 2010
    camelotkitty12 wrote:
    there's something wrong with my post count---In the anything and everything thread I had 38 posts , and yet HERE i have only 20!! Can you explain?
    That's tv.com for you, bug filled. Post count and levels are messed up with from time to time, it keeps things interesting

camelotkitty12

[66]Sep 20, 2010

ya THINK?

boom-moo

[67]Sep 20, 2010
    Not really but gotta live with it.

camelotkitty12

[68]Sep 21, 2010

Yeah I reckon so---post counts are always going down at another site i play on, because the mods there are forever deleting threads or playing with my posts.

Ok question---

1. Is there a QUIZ thread on here? I love quizzes, I'd be happy to start one.

2. What do you think would have happened, if Merlin HAD told Morgana that he has magic too?

I need to start writing down my qq!!

boom-moo

[69]Sep 21, 2010
    camelotkitty12 wrote:
    1. Is there a QUIZ thread on here? I love quizzes, I'd be happy to start one.
    No, there isn't. The maximum game threads allowed per forum is 2 to 4. We have 3 running:

-Things we've learnt watching Merlin.
    -Guess the picture.
    -You know you are addicted to Merlin when...?

And a fourth one that went dead.

-Merlin follow up.

I guess the quiz could replace the one that went dead, unless someone else have any other idea. I'd say we wait a bit to let others speak up and then we vote. Sounds fair?

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    2. What do you think would have happened, if Merlin HAD told Morgana that he has magic too?
    I think things would be the same, maybe in a longer run. Morgana doesn't sound to me like the kind of person who sits and waits until Merlin and Arthur unite Albion and let magic back. She wouldn't feel right pretending every day in the hope that others would put an end to that, and I can't blame her. And then the minute she finds out she has a sister out there who is magical as well and has a different take on how to fix things, well, then she would have been game all the same and sided with her.

camelotkitty12

[70]Sep 21, 2010

quiz threads are fun. another site i play on has over 50 quiz threads, but that's cus it's in a special section. they can post pictures, (Like if you're doing a scrabble game or a tic tac toe type game) Q and A games, elimination games---etc. I used to run one......and I ran ALL sorts of games. and i don't think those other3 threads you mentioned---I don't think they qualify as QUIZ threads.

When we reply to a message here, how come we cannot see the previous posts? That would help a great deal, I think. I'm still having trouble with the QUOTE buttons....Like I want to reply to 2 different players in one post....I haven't been able to do that. the page keeps skipping, and erasing the other quotes.double posting is against the TOS rules, as you say. UGH.

Do we have an IDEA thread? Like a thread where we could post our ideas for FUTURE episodes? I've got plenty of THOSE.Like, Arthur is out hunting, and somehow he goes far up ahead of the others, into a mist, and he cannot find his party. It takes MAGIC to bring him out of there...but Merlin cannot find him, either. SOOOO the Lady Of the Lake helps them!!!

That merlin follow up thread-- why don't I take a look at it, and re-start it again if it suits my needs?

Edited on 09/21/2010 2:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.

boom-moo

[71]Sep 21, 2010
    camelotkitty12 wrote:
    those other3 threads you mentioned---I don't think they qualify as QUIZ threads.
    Nope but they qualify as game threads and if too many of those are open the mods lock them. There's a forum just for games at tv.com, that's why they are not keen on having them taking up a lot of space in show forums. They encourage discussion over games.

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    When we reply to a message here, how come we cannot see the previous posts? That would help a great deal, I think. I'm still having trouble with the QUOTE buttons....Like I want to reply to 2 different players in one post....I haven't been able to do that. the page keeps skipping, and erasing the other quotes.double posting is against the TOS rules, as you say. UGH.
    You can see the messages if you scroll up when you click in 'quick quote' or 'quick reply'. To quote two different posts into one you have to quote one, copy the info, quote the second, and paste the info copied into the second so you get both quotes in one post.

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    Do we have an IDEA thread? Like a thread where we could post our ideas for FUTURE episodes?
    We don't. That could be done in the United Fans of Merlin, that is the place to talk all Merlin things. Or maybe we could have one over the hiatus, although I am not fond of opening threads for things that can be posted in some already existing threads. That's the rules.

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    That merlin follow up thread-- why don't I take a look at it, and re-start it again if it suits my needs?
    Well, it has to suit the forum needs, threads can't be open lightly just because.

camelotkitty12

[72]Sep 21, 2010

camelotkitty12 wrote:
    also--- To answer a couple of questions-- Mary Collins' son was in Camelot, because a friend was making something for him, that was going to be used for magical purposes. It could not be made anywhere else. I'm guessing that the friend turned him in, and that's why he was caught. .

DARN IT!!! Ok I was just re watching THE DRAGON'S CALL the pilot where Mary Collins saw her son die. I was wrong....I don't KNOW why he was in Camelot, after all. I was thinking of ANOTHER man in another episode. Sorry folks!!!! There's no reason given, in episode guide or elsewhere, as to why Mary Collins son was killed. I mean he practiced magic and someone caught him doing so, but that's all we know. Sorry!!!!

Meh.

Edited on 09/21/2010 3:58pm

boom-moo

[73]Sep 21, 2010
    I think you are mixing Mary Collin's son with the Druid that brought Mordred to Camelot
    Edited on 09/21/2010 3:47pm

camelotkitty12

[74]Sep 21, 2010

boom-moo wrote:
    I think you are mixing Mary Collin's son with the Druid that brought Mordred to Camelot

that's the one, yeah.

I'm beginning to feel MILDLY discouraged here. I just tried to edit my previous message but there was a TAG error and I couldn't. I also could not do that copy and paste thing yu said to do. and when I hit QUOTE to reply to your message, I couldn't see the other posts. I'm also feeling discouraged because I'd like to start somenew topic threads but....rules, smules.

Edited on 09/21/2010 3:56pm

boom-moo

[75]Sep 21, 2010
    Annoying tag errors happen all the time. They are really frustrating, I agree. Seeing the other posts only works with 'quick quote' and 'quick reply', not with 'quote' and 'reply'. You should be able to copy and paste though. I'm sorry but if we don't go by the rules we will draw the attention of the mods to our forum and that's a no no.

dpebbleson

[76]Sep 21, 2010
    You see other posts only when you hit Quick Quote.

And yeah, tv.com editor is very bad, to say the least. Try selecting all text and choosing a font, like Andale.

camelotkitty12

[77]Sep 21, 2010
    dpebbleson wrote:
    You see other posts only when you hit Quick Quote.

And yeah, tv.com editor is very bad, to say the least. Try selecting all text and choosing a font, like Andale.

You can choose your own font? The reason I got that tag error was cus i wanted to change the color of my text. I can't even do THAT when i want to. emoticons, posting pics, I can't do that. BUT i DID just post a new avi picture!!! oooohhh I deserve a clap on the back.
    boom-moo wrote:
    Annoying tag errors happen all the time. They are really frustrating, I agree. Seeing the other posts only works with 'quick quote' and 'quick reply', not with 'quote' and 'reply'. You should be able to copy and paste though. I'm sorry but if we don't go by the rules we will draw the attention of the mods to our forum and that's a no no.

Heheheheheeh I guess i DID it. BUT____what abt those threads on page 5 of t his forum? could I bump THOSE to get them going again? It's not against t he RULES to just RESTART a convo thread, is it? If it IS, then I think those threads ought to be locked. What can I say?? I'm very outspoken. every time i play on a different message board/forum, there is always something.

dpebbleson

[78]Sep 21, 2010
    You definitely deserve a clap on the back for successfully quoting two different users

Maybe it goes with the level, but later you will be able to choose your own font. I had the same problem with colours, and didn't manage to solve it. Maybe post everything in default black, and go back to edit the post and add other colours. But I'm not sure.

boom-moo

[79]Sep 21, 2010
    camelotkitty12 wrote:
    what abt those threads on page 5 of t his forum? could I bump THOSE to get them going again? It's not against t he RULES to just RESTART a convo thread, is it? If it IS, then I think those threads ought to be locked.
    What threads do you want to restart? Depending on the amount of threads / posts you choose to view, page 5 is not the same to everyone.

I try to juggle between the rules and common sense. I don't want to have old threads locked and reopened because they are dead and can't be bumped, it'll be a mess duplicating everything around. If you want to discuss old episodes, you can do it over at the United Fans of Merlin thread (that's the place to talk all and everything Merlin but spoilers), there's no need for new threads.
    Edited on 09/21/2010 4:43pm

camelotkitty12

[80]Sep 23, 2010

well I've already found a few threads to re-start. REWATCHING MERLIN threads. I posted in one, then took the post out cos i realized i got it in the wrong thread...then i reposted same thing into the RIGHT thread.

Question---I have watched season 3 parts one and two, but those are without subtitles in them. Does anyone know where I can find them WITH subtitles in them? I've looked, but am still having some trouble finding a link. thanks muchly!!