Welcome to the rewatching of Merlin 2011! Between now and September we all will be rewatching ALL 36 episodes! This will serve 2 purposes 1. it gives us a weekly Merlin fix and 2. allowing us an opportunity to watch how characters and the series has progressed, as well as picking up on anything we might have missed!
People who have decided to join in:
Episode Rewatching Thread wrote:1. boom-moo. 2. Illegalferret. 3. pcdsa. 4. AC. 5. Witchyweasel. 6. zeencat. 7. Dpebbleson.
Rules are as follows:
1. We are getting started on the first Saturday of 2011 and a new thread will be open every following Saturday. We are following the order in the list above to open threads and we are selecting the episodes in sequential order, so all 39 episodes of the three series will be rewatched. Double-parter episodes will be rewatched together, so the rewatching will start on Saturday January 1st and end in Saturday September 3rd.
2. Everyone opening a rewatching thread should copy and paste the information in this entry (Introduction, List of participants and Rules) in the first post. That way, keeping track of the turns and our progress will be easier and also having the rules at hand will be useful for those who might decided to join us half way through.
3. Everyone opening a rewatching thread is responsible for reminding the next person in the list to do the same the following Saturday (sending a pm on Friday should do it).
4. Anyone not being able to open a thread on a particular Saturday can swap turns with the next person in the list (or anyone else) as long as they keep track of their respective turns.
5. Everyone opening a rewatching thread has to propose a new topic in the "The Best and Worst of Merlin" thread.
6. Agreed that we all sometimes just don't have the time or the inclination to leave comments, I'd like to make clear thatit's not compulsory to rewatch and/or comment on every single episode.
7.Anyone is most welcome to join at any time. I will make sure to add new members to the list.
8. If you don't own the DVDs or the episodes, don't let that stop you from joining. Feel free to pm Boom-moo so she can give you a link to a sitewhere to watch them online
9. Should anyone have any doubt, do not hesitate to pm Boom-moo.
10. Failure to repeatedly to comply with the rules will allow the ditor to remove participants from the list.
As we rewatch, we can work on filling the following lists: -Arthur's attributes to becoming the great king of legend (current list can be found at the beginning of the Arthur thread) -'What Arthur and Merlin call each other' list (current list can be found at the beginning of the Merlin & Arthur thread). -All the times Arthur has been conveniently knocked unconscious or that something 'strange' has happened around him which has prevented him from figuring out for himself that Merlin has magic. -All the times Merlin uses magic + whether his eyes turn gold and whether he incants. -A record of all the times Uther says something about magic.-A record of all the potions made by Gaius to date. -A count of all the times Gwen says "I have faith in Arthur" (or something similar) -A count of all the times Merlin says "I have faith in Arthur" (or something similar) -A record of all encounters between Merlin and the Dragon. -Morgana's smirks of doom. -Also, we can keep adding funny arguments to the "Things we've learnt watching Merlin" thread.
This week we are rewatching series 1 episode 1x12 To Kill the King!
Episode 1x12 magic and spells:
-Tauren makes gold out of lead (using a spell and the magical powers of the Mage Stone).
-Merlin senses that some powerful magic is going on in Camelot when the alchemy is performed.
-Merlin senses the Mage Stone's magic when Morgana finds it.
-Merlin knocks one of Tauren's men out using a spell and Sophia's magical staff.
-Merlin knocks out one of Tauren's men using Sophia's magical staff.
-Tauren uses the Mage Stone to reflect Merlin's magic and knock him out.
Episode 1x12 RIP list:
-Tom Blacksmith, killed by Camelot guards following Uther's orders.
-Tauren, killed by Morgana to save Uther's life.
-Some Camelot guards.
-Some of Tauren's men.
Episode 1x12 Lives Saved list:
-Morgana saves Uther's life (even though she had staged for him to die at Tauren's hands).
What Arthur calls Merlin:
What Merlin calls Arthur:
Arthur's attributes to becoming the great king of legend:
-He wants a fair trial for Tom. -He shows compassion to Guinevere. -He intercedes to Uther for Morgana's release from prison.
Arthur is knocked unconscious or prevented from knowing about Merlin's magic:
What Uther says about magic:
-The law stands or the kingdom falls. People must see the laws of Camelot are not to be trifled with.
-The fate of Camelot rests in my hands, it is my responsibility to protect the people of this land from its enemies.
-Gaius says that Uther's job is not to be liked but to protect the kingdom. Most of his methods are right although sometimes he goes too far. He has brought peace and prosperity to the kingdom.
Potions made by Gaius:
'I have faith Arthur will become a great king' statements:
-None. Gaius says he is brave but he lacks the experience and the judgement and he is not ready yet.
Merlin and Great Dragon meetings:
-1 (8 so far) where the dragon tells Merlin to let Uther die so magic returns to the kingdom, Arthur can reign and Merlin fulfill his destiny.
Great Dragon's riddles:
Morgana's premonitory dreams:
Morgana's smirks of doom:
Arthur and Gwen moments:
-Arthur promises Guinevere her job is safe and her home is hers for life after her father is killed by Uther's guards. He also says sorry to her.
-White fur, light purple nightgown with white robe on top and lose hair (day 1).
-White fur, light purple dress with purple velvet overdress and purple mittens. Lose hair (day 2).
-White fur, light purple dress with purple velvet overdress and purple mittens. Hair in a braid.
-Blue dress with blue overdress and loose hair (day 3).
-Blue dress with blue overdress and loose hair (day 4).
-Green woollen dress with green cloak. Hair in a low ponytail (day 5).
-Purple dress with blue overdress. Hair in a bun.
-Light purple dress with purple velvet overdress. Lose hair (day 6).
-Green cloak, lose hair.
-Green woollen dress with green cloak. Lose hair (day 7).
-Red dress with white underdress (day 1).
-Red dress with white underdress and red cloak.
-White nightgown (day 2).
-Yellow dress with yellow underdress (day 3).
-Red dress with white underdress (day 4).
-Red dress with white underdress and red cloak (day 6).
-Red dress with white underdress (day 7).
-Long sleeved marron jacket and blue shirt (day 1).
-Long sleeved brown jacket and Camelot cloak (day 3). -Long sleeved brown jacket and brown furry cloak (day 5).
-Chaimail, short sleeved maroon jacket and marron cloak (day 6).
-Chainmail, short sleeved maroon jacket and Camelot cloak (day 7).
-Brown robe (day 1).
-Blue robe (day 4).
-Brown robe (day 5).
-Brown robe (day 6).
-Brown robe (day 7).
-White shirt (day 1).
-Blue shirt and brown coat.
-Blue shirt (day 2).
-Red shirt and brown coat.
-Red shirt (day 3).
-Blue shirt, red scarf and brown coat (day 4).
-Blue shirt, red scarf and brown coat (day 5).
-Red shirt and brown jacket (day 6).
-Blue shirt, red scarf and brown jacket (day 7).
-Red shirt, red jacket and fang shaped pendant (day 1).
-Blue shirt and brown jacket (day 2).
-Blue shirt and long brown coat (day 3).
-Red shirt and red jacket (day 4).
Morgana and the king have a tiff.