It is interesting how perspectives change once the show has progressed and we've gotten the chance to know the characters better. It is also funny to realize how we are able to catch up on new things when we watch the episodes over again.
People who have decided to join in:
|Episode Rewatching Thread wrote:|
|1. boom-moo. |
Rules are as follows:
1. We are getting started on the first Saturday of 2011 and a new thread will be open every following Saturday. We are following the order in the list above to open threads and we are selecting the episodes in sequential order, so all 39 episodes of the three series will be rewatched. Double-parter episodes will be rewatched together, so the rewatching will start on Saturday January 1st and end in Saturday September 3rd.
2. Everyone opening a rewatching thread should copy and paste the information in this entry (Introduction, List of participants and Rules) in the first post. That way, keeping track of the turns and our progress will be easier and also having the rules at hand will be useful for those who might decided to join us half way through.
3. Everyone opening a rewatching thread is responsible for reminding the next person in the list to do the same the following Saturday (sending a pm on Friday should do it).
4. Anyone not being able to open a thread on a particular Saturday can swap turns with the next person in the list (or anyone else) as long as they keep track of their respective turns.
5. Everyone opening a rewatching thread has to propose a new topic in the "The Best and Worst of Merlin" thread.
6. Agreed that we all sometimes just don't have the time or the inclination to leave comments, so it is not compulsory to rewatch and/or comment on every single episode.
7. Anyone is most welcome to join at any time. Boom-moo will make sure to add new members to the list.
8. If you don't own the DVDs or the episodes, don't let that stop you from joining. Feel free to pm boom-moo who can give you a link to a site where to watch them online
9. Should anyone have any doubt, do not hesitate to pm boom-moo.
10.Failure to repeatedly comply with the rules will allow the editor to remove participants from the list.
As we rewatch, we can work on filling the following lists:
-Magic and spells
-Lives Saved list
-What Arthur calls Merlin
-What Merlin calls Arthur
-Arthur's attributes to becoming the great king of legend
-Arthur is knocked unconscious or prevented from knowing about Merlin's magic
-What Uther says about magic
-Potions made by Gaius
-'I have faith Arthur will become a great king' statements
-Merlin and Great Dragon meetings
-Great Dragon's riddles
-Morgana's premonitory dreams
-Morgana's smirks of doom
-Arthur and Gwen moments
-Also, we can keep adding funny arguments to the "Things we've learnt watching Merlin" thread.
This week, we are rewatching Season 2 Episode 3 'The Nightmare Begins'
Thank you all and enjoy rewatching
Episode 2x03 magic and spells:
-Morgana lits a candle twice and makes the flame grow bigger (using her mind).
-Morgana makes a flower vase shatter into pieces (using her mind).
-Merlin unrolls a scroll (using his mind).
-Merlin unlocks a door (using a spell).
-Merlin freezes in the air some falling objects and returns them to their place (using his mind).
-Merlin makes a flame grow bigger (using a spell).
-Merlin unroots a grating (using a spell).
-Mordred is able to sense Morgana's distress.
-Aglain controls the Serkets (using his mind).
-Mordred can use telepathy.
-Morgana can listen to telepathy.
-Merlin lits a fire (using a spell).
-Merlin can listen to telepathy.
-Merlin can create mist (using a spell).
-Mordred throws a couple of guards up in the air (using his mind).
Episode 2x03 RIP list:
-Not clear if those arrested for sorcery as we don't get to know whether Uther carried his threat out.
Episode 2x03 Lives Saved list:
-Merlin saves Forridel's life by alerting her that she was on the suspects list.
What Arthur calls Merlin:
What Merlin calls Arthur:
Arthur's attributes to becoming the great king of legend:
He believes the word of a loyal servant. He is concerned about Morgana's well being.
Arthur is knocked unconscious or prevented from knowing about Merlin's magic:
What Uther says about magic:
-The fire in Morgana's chamber must have been caused by someone with magic and hence all under suspicion are to be arrested.
-When he thinks that Morgana has been arrested, he issues a proclamation that says that all the prisoners willb e executed unless the she is returned to Camelot.
-He orders Arthur to get rid of the Druids killing them all.
Potions made by Gaius:
-A sleeping potion for Morgana.
'I have faith Arthur will become a great king' statements:
Merlin and Great Dragon meetings:
-1 (13 so far) where the dragon refuses to aid Merlin seek help for Morgana.
Great Dragon's riddles:
-It would be better if the witch never knew the true extent of her powers.
Morgana's premonitory dreams:
Morgana's smirks of doom:
Arthur and Gwen moments:
-Arthur says he believes Guinevere when Uther doubts her words. They exchange a look.
-He implies with a sad look in a conversation with Merlin that a girl that is not at his level can't be a friend, let alone anything else.
-Arthur's revealing red shirt.
-Red shirt and brown jacket (day 1).
-Red shirt and brown jacket.
-Blue shirt, red scarf and brown jacket (day 2).
-Blue shirt, red scarf and brown jacket (day 3).
-Blue shirt, red scarf and brown jacket (day 4).
-Red shirt with brown jacket.
-Blue shirt and navy jacket with red fang shaped pendant (day 1).
-Blue shirt and navy jacket (day 2).
-Blue shirt with red padded shirt on top.
-Blue shirt with long brown coat (day 3).
-Blue shirt and navy jacket with red fang shaped pendant (day 4).
-Red padded shirt, chainmail with voiders (arm armour piece) and hauberk (chest armour piece).
-Light purple nightgown with white robe on top and lose hair (day 1).
-Light purple nightgown with white robe on top and greenish blanket around her shoulders. Lose hair. -White nightgown with golden embroidery with matching white robe on top and lose hair.
-White nightgown with golden embroidery with matching white robe on top and lose hair (day 2).
-Red dress with red cloak, hair in a low bun (day 3).
-Red dress with red cloak, hair in a low bun (day 4).
-Red dress with red-ish Druid robe on top.
-Green dress with green overdress on top. Lose hair.
-Purple dress with purple bodice and white apron (day 1).
-Brown shirt, long sleeved maroon jacket with maroon cloak (day 1).
-Brown shirt, blue padded shirt on top and sleeveless teal coat (day 3).
-Brown shirt, blue padded shirt on top and sleeveless teal coat with crown #2.
-Brown shirt, blue padded shirt on top and sleeveless teal coat (day 4).
-Red robe with sleeveless blue coat on top (day 1).
-Blue robe (day 3).
-Red robe (day 4).
-Red robe with sleeveless blue coat on top.