I think it is interesting how perspectives change once the show has progressed and we've gotten the chance to know the characters better. It is also funny to realize how we are able to catch up on new things when we watch the episodes over again.
People who have decided to join in:
|Episode Rewatching Thread wrote:|
|1. boom-moo. 2. Illegalferret. 3. pcdsa. 4. AC. 5. Witchyweasel. 6. Dpebbleson.|
Rules are as follows:
1. We are getting started on the first Saturday of 2011 and a new thread will be open every following Saturday. We are following the order in the list above to open threads and we are selecting the episodes in sequential order, so all 39 episodes of the three series will be rewatched. Double-parter episodes will be rewatched together, so the rewatching will start on Saturday January 1st and end in Saturday September 3rd.
2. Everyone opening a rewatching thread should copy and paste the information in this entry (Introduction, List of participants and Rules) in the first post. That way, keeping track of the turns and our progress will be easier and also having the rules at hand will be useful for those who might decided to join us half way through.
3. Everyone opening a rewatching thread is responsible for reminding the next person in the list to do the same the following Saturday (sending a pm on Friday should do it).
4. Anyone not being able to open a thread on a particular Saturday can swap turns with the next person in the list (or anyone else) as long as they keep track of their respective turns.
5. Everyone opening a rewatching thread has to propose a new topic in the "The Best and Worst of Merlin" thread.
6. Agreed that we all sometimes just don't have the time or the inclination to leave comments, I'd like to make clear thatit's not compulsory to rewatch and/or comment on every single episode.
7.Anyone is most welcome to join at any time. I will make sure to add new members to the list.
8. If you don't own the DVDs or the episodes, don't let that stop you from joining. Feel free to pm Boom-moo so I can give you a link to a site where to watch them online
9. Should anyone have any doubt, do not hesitate to pm Boom-moo.
10.Failure to repeatedly comply with the rules will allow the editor to remove participants from the list.
As we rewatch, we can work on filling the following lists: -Magic and spells-RIP list-Lives Saved list-What Arthur calls Merlin-What Merlin calls Arthur-Arthur's attributes to becoming the great king of legend-Arthur is knocked unconscious or prevented from knowing about Merlin's magic-What Uther says about magic-Potions made by Gaius-Gaius's smacks-'I have faith Arthur will become a great king' statements-Merlin and Great Dragon meetings-Great Dragon's riddles-Morgana's premonitory dreams-Morgana's smirks of doom-Arthur and Gwen moments-Chestporns/Bodyporns-Dungeon time-Fashion. -Also, we can keep adding funny arguments to the "Things we've learnt watching Merlin" thread.
This week we are watching The Lady of the Lake!
(I think it's kind of apt that i get to open the rewatch thread for this episode Esther )
Episode 2x09 magic and spells:
-Merlin unlocks the padlock on the bounty hunter's cage (using a spell).
-Merlin unlocks the chains around Freya's wrists (using a spell).
-Merlin -Merlin drops The Rising Sun's sign on Halig's head (using a spell).
-Merlin lits a torch (using a spell).
-Merlin heats water (using a spell).
-Merlin lights candles (using his mind).
-Merlin makes the candle flames levitate (using a spell).
-Merlin makes a knife drop from a table (using his mind).
-Merlin makes a drumstick and three sausages fly from Arthur's plate into a water jug (using his mind).
-Merlin makes a rose appear in his hands (using a spell).
-Merlin makes a gargoyle drop into the courtyard (using his mind).
-Merlin makes Freya's boat go into the lake (using a spell).
-Merlin makes Freya's boat burn (using a spell).
Episode 2x09 RIP list:
-Several Camelot citizens (killed by Freya in the shape of the Bastet).
-The bounty hunter (killed by Freya in the shape of the Bastet).
-Freya (out of the wound that Arthur inflicts on the Bastet).
Episode 2x09 Lives Saved list:
-Merlin saves Freya's life freeing her from Halig and hiding her in the castle vaults.
What Arthur calls Merlin:
What Merlin calls Arthur:
Arthur's attributes to becoming the great king of legend:
-He protects Merlin and declares he has his complete trust.
-He notices that there's been something upsetting Merlin.
-He reckons he was unfair throwing water at Merlin.
-He comforts Merlin.
Arthur is knocked unconscious or prevented from knowing about Merlin's magic:
-He is changing behind the screen when Merlin heats his bath water.
-He is focusing on his food when Merlin makes his knife drop from the table and then he is searching for the knife when Merlin snatches food from his plate.
What Uther says about magic:
-He refers to the Halig's preys as "gifts".
-He gives Halig all the help he needs to find Freya and her accomplice.
-He assumes correctly that if the lower town killing was done by neither man nor beast it was the work of magic.
Potions made by Gaius:
'I have faith Arthur will become a great king' statements:
Merlin and Great Dragon meetings:
Great Dragon's riddles:
Morgana's premonitory dreams:
Morgana's smirks of doom:
Arthur and Gwen moments:
-Arthur's chestporn and towelporn.
-Red shirt, blue scarf and brown jacket (day 1).
-Red shirt and blue scarf.
-Blue shirt, blue scarf and maroon jacket (day 2).
-Blue shirt, blue scarf and maroon jacket.
-Blue shirt, blue scarf and maroon jacket (day 3).
-Blue shirt, blue scarf and maroon jacket (day 4).
-Red shirt, blue scarf and maroon jacket.
-Blue shirt, blue scarf and maroon jacket.
-Blue shirt and blue scarf.
-Blue shirt, blue scarf and maroon jacket (day 5).
-Beige towel (day 2).
-Maroon shirt with white undershirt.
-Maroon shirt with white undershirt and long brown coat.
-Blue shirt and navy jacket (day 3).
-Maroon shirt with white undershirt and long brown coat (day 4).
-Red padded shirt, chainmail with voiders (arm armour piece) and hauberk (chest armour piece).
-Maroon shirt with brown leather vest (day 5).
-Turquoise dress with yellow bodice and white apron (day 3).
-Blue shirt, blue padded shirt on top and long sleeved long black leather coat (day 2).
-Blue shirt, blue padded shirt on top and long sleeved long teal coat (day 3).
-Blue shirt, blue padded shirt on top and long sleeved long black leather coat (day 4).
-Blue robe (day 1).
-Brown robe with white shirt (day 2).
-Red robe with blue sleeveless coat on top (day 3).
-Brown robe with white shirt (day 4).
-Green tunic and white pants (day 5).