It is interesting how perspectives change once the show has progressed and we've gotten the chance to know the characters better. It is also funny to realize how we are able to catch up on new things when we watch the episodes over again.
People who have decided to join in:
Episode Rewatching Thread wrote:
Rules are as follows:
1. We are getting started on the first Saturday of 2011 and a new thread will be open every following Saturday. We are following the order in the list above to open threads and we are selecting the episodes in sequential order, so all 39 episodes of the three series will be rewatched. Double-parter episodes will be rewatched together, so the rewatching will start on Saturday January 1st and end in Saturday September 3rd.
2. Everyone opening a rewatching thread should copy and paste the information in this entry (Introduction, List of participants and Rules) in the first post. That way, keeping track of the turns and our progress will be easier and also having the rules at hand will be useful for those who might decided to join us half way through.
3. Everyone opening a rewatching thread is responsible for reminding the next person in the list to do the same the following Saturday (sending a pm on Friday should do it).
4. Anyone not being able to open a thread on a particular Saturday can swap turns with the next person in the list (or anyone else) as long as they keep track of their respective turns.
5. Everyone opening a rewatching thread has to propose a new topic in the "The Best and Worst of Merlin" thread.
6. Agreed that we all sometimes just don't have the time or the inclination to leave comments, so it is not compulsory to rewatch and/or comment on every single episode.
7. Anyone is most welcome to join at any time. Boom-moo will make sure to add new members to the list.
8. If you don't own the DVDs or the episodes, don't let that stop you from joining. Feel free to pm boom-moo who can give you a link to a site where to watch them online
9. Should anyone have any doubt, do not hesitate to pm boom-moo.
10.Failure to repeatedly comply with the rules will allow the editor to remove participants from the list.
As we rewatch, we can work on filling the following lists:
-Magic and spells
-Lives Saved list
-What Arthur calls Merlin
-What Merlin calls Arthur
-Arthur's attributes to becoming the great king of legend
-Arthur is knocked unconscious or prevented from knowing about Merlin's magic
-What Uther says about magic
-Potions made by Gaius
-'I have faith Arthur will become a great king' statements
-Merlin and Great Dragon meetings
-Great Dragon's riddles
-Morgana's premonitory dreams
-Morgana's smirks of doom
-Arthur and Gwen moments
-Also, we can keep adding funny arguments to the "Things we've learnt watching Merlin" thread.
This week we are rewatching series 2 episode 12 The Fires of Idirsholas. (One of my favourite episodes )
Episode 2x12 magic and spells:
-Morgause brings the Knights of Medhir alive (using a spell).
-Morgause makes Morgana fall asleep (using her mind).
-Morgause makes Morgana be the vessel of the sleep enchantment (using a spell).
-Merlin makes Idirsholas roof fall on the Knights of Medhir (using a spell).
-Merlin awakens Gaius (using a spell).
-Merlin breaks Gaius' stool (using a spell).
-Merlin splashes Gaius (using a spell).
-Merlin throws a Knight of Medhir up in the air and against a wall (using a spell).
-Morgause can feel that there's something wrong with Morgana.
-Morgause stops the Knights of Medhir (using a spell).
-Morgause vanishes into thin air carrying Morgana with her (using a spell)
-Merlin breaks the chain that keeps the Great Dragon prisoner (using the magic of the a Knight of Medhir's sword and a spell).
Episode 2x12 RIP list:
-Several Camelot knights at Idirsholas killed by the Knights of Medhir.
Episode 2x12 Lives Saved list:
-Arthur, Merlin and Morgana save Uther's life by protecting him from the attack of the Knights of Medhir.
What Arthur calls Merlin:
What Merlin calls Arthur:
Arthur's attributes to becoming the great king of legend:
-He does everything in his power to save the king.
-He thinks he has failed in his duty to protect Morgana from Morgause.
Arthur is knocked unconscious or prevented from knowing about Merlin's magic:
-It is not clear what prevents him from hearing Merlin's spell that provokes the Idirsholas roof to fall on the Knights of Medhir. He might be too focused on the fight.
What Uther says about magic:
-He wouldn't have chosen Idirsholas to camp for the night. When he hears that smoke is rising from the citadel, he orders Arthur to gather the knights and ride out to take a look.
Potions made by Gaius:
-He says he is gonna prepare a tonic for Uther.
-He is searching for a remedy for Gwen.
'I have faith Arthur will become a great king' statements:
Merlin and Great Dragon meetings:
- 2 (19 so far).
1) Where Merlin asks the Great Dragon for help and swears he will free him.
2) Where Merlin frees him.
Great Dragon's riddles:
-Camelot's end is nigh and there's nothing you can do about it. -It is one thing to cast a spell that puts everyone to sleep. The power to maintain it is a very different matter. It will need more than just words to break this enchantment. -I am the last of my kind. There is but one road I can take.
Morgana's premonitory dreams:
Morgana's smirks of doom:
Arthur and Gwen moments:
-Arthur finds Gwen lying unconscious on the floor in Morgana's chambers. He carries her to Morgana's bed. He gently brushes aside a lock of hair from her face and watches her tenderly.
-Blue shirt with red scarf and brown jacket (day 1).
-Blue shirt with red scarf and brown jacket (day 2).
-Blue shirt with red scarf.
-Blue shirt with red scarf and brown jacket.
-Blue shirt and navy jacket (day 1).
-Red padded shirt, chainmail with voiders (arm armour piece) and hauberk (chest armour piece).
-Red padded shirt, chainmail with voiders (arm armour piece) and hauberk (chest armour piece) (day 2).
-Green dress with green overdress. Hair in a braid (day 1).
-Purple dress and green cloak.
-White nightgown with golden and purple embroidery. Lose hair (day 2).
-Green woollen dress with beads in the collar area. Lose hair.
-Turquoise dress with yellow bodice and white apron (day 1).
-Purple dress with purple bodice and white apron (day 2).
-Blue shirt, blue padded shirt on top, sleeveless black leather coat and crown #2 (day 1).
-Brown shirt (day 2).
-Brown shirt and maroon short sleeved jacket.
-Red robe with blue sleeveless coat on top (day 1).
-Blue robe (day 2).
Edited 2 total times.