Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 2 & 3 Spoilers Thread

boom-moo

[41]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 75
    Yes, that is the one. I guess he is put in jail for having cared about Merlin for all this time. And episode 8 is the one with Arthur's mum and the big fight between him and Uther.

9 is apparently, the one with Merlin's first love.

So many exciting things to look forward to!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Flexie52

[42]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 6

I can't wait for this episode and I really hope that it is as good as it looks from the preview. Also I really hope that you are right about Merlin's love interest appearing in episode 9 because I really want to know who it is. I wish he would be with Morgana or if he had at least told her his secret.

boom-moo

[43]Nov 2, 2009

I can't confirm it for sure, but I think it is episode 9. I don't have a proper source, just bits and pieces I've put together reading here and there so don't take it as a proper spoiler. It is not Morgana but apparently it is a girl who is also magical. They meet by chance and she becomes Merlin's first love but their love is doomed. All I know is that she leaves on a boat sailing into some kind of a lake and that the boat can be seen in flames shortly afterwards. Merlin and I think Arthur too are supposed to be watching from the shore.

There are also some spoiler pics with Arthur and Merlin riding their horses into a lake. I dunno if it is the same episode or if it is the episode where Excalibur is back or none of them *shrugs* If any of you has watched this video, around 6:00 the funny bit with Bradley's horse happened filming this scen I'm talking about.

Also, and to the risk of sounding like a freak (oh well, what's new? ) this is the girl as seen on the BBC promo:

Photobucket

And I think it could be this one:

Photobucket

And maybe this one:

Photobucket

But that is me being again an over observant and over thinking freak I'm most certainly wrong and making a fool of myself but hey

Edited on 11/02/2009 12:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

illegalferret

[44]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 25

Lol!!! I think we're all obsessed with Merlin and co here!!!

Question: Why is Arthur dragging Merlin away in the preview for epi7 because surely if the Witchfinder named Merlin as a magical being, the guards would have dragged him out. I think the team behind Merlin have done some clever editing! Maybe Guias claims that he is the magician and Merlin kicks up a fuss so Arthur takes him out before he can cause any more damage!

What does everyone else think?

boom-moo

[45]Nov 2, 2009

Ok, let's see what we can gather:

In the season 2 previews we get some bits:

In the 1st and 2nd season 2 trailers Uther shouts to Gaius about sorcery in Camelot. Uther says: "Camelot will not fold to a sorcerer while I'm King".

In the 3rd, Gaius is seen in jail, then in another scene he is still in jail and the withfinder is seen throwing him water. We also see Merlin talking to the Great Dragon, and the Dragon is saying: "Gaius is already doomed, better than he should die than you".

In the 4th, we see Merlin talking to the Great Dragon. Merlin says: "I won't sacrifice a friend to save myself". The Dragon replies: "Gaius is already doomed". We also see the scene between Gaius and Uther but without lines.

In the trailer Merlin is seen being dragged by the guards and then he can be seen in prison. Apparently, one of them or both are going to be burnt. I don't get why Gaius is inprisoned before Merlin (since Merlin is fee to go talk to the dragon while Gaius is still in jail) because when Merlin is singled out as the magical one Gaius is standing by his side. I think that Gaius takes the blame, so he is put first behind bars. In the preview we can see how they raid his chambers, and the Witchfinder asking Merlin is he can prove that he didn't do it, so I guess the findings in the chambers and something Merlin does makes him join Gaius' fate.

So after all this rambling my guess is that Arthur drags Merlin away after Gaius takes the blame.

Edited on 11/02/2009 4:06pm

Geordiegirl1967

[46]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 5
    Agree with your reading of things Boom-moo except that the scene where Uther says "Camelot will not fall to a sorceror while I am king" has (I think) already been shown. My recollection is that it is in episode 1 where Sigan is attacking Camelot. Anyone else remember this?

boom-moo

[48]Nov 2, 2009
    Geordiegirl1967 wrote:
    Agree with your reading of things Boom-moo except that the scene where Uther says "Camelot will not fall to a sorceror while I am king" has (I think) already been shown. My recollection is that it is in episode 1 where Sigan is attacking Camelot. Anyone else remember this?
    You are right there, I just checked it Here is the scene:

Uther: Have you seen what's happening?
    Gaius: It is as I warned you, Sire.
    Uther: This cannot be Sigan.
    Gaius: It is his revenge. He's come back from the dead.
    Uther: Then he will die again.
    Gaius: You do not understand, Sire. You can't kill a man who has conquered mortality.
    Uther: Don't tell me what cannot be done. Camelot will not fall to a sorcerer while I am king.

Thanks for pointing that out and sorry if I confused anyone. My bad.

illegalferret

[49]Nov 3, 2009
    boom-moo wrote:

Ok, let's see what we can gather:

In the season 2 previews we get some bits:

In the 1st and 2nd season 2 trailers Uther shouts to Gaius about sorcery in Camelot. Uther says: "Camelot will not fold to a sorcerer while I'm King".

In the 3rd, Gaius is seen in jail, then in another scene he is still in jail and the withfinder is seen throwing him water. We also see Merlin talking to the Great Dragon, and the Dragon is saying: "Gaius is already doomed, better than he should die than you".

In the 4th, we see Merlin talking to the Great Dragon. Merlin says: "I won't sacrifice a friend to save myself". The Dragon replies: "Gaius is already doomed". We also see the scene between Gaius and Uther but without lines.

In the trailer Merlin is seen being dragged by the guards and then he can be seen in prison. Apparently, one of them or both are going to be burnt. I don't get why Gaius is inprisoned before Merlin (since Merlin is fee to go talk to the dragon while Gaius is still in jail) because when Merlin is singled out as the magical one Gaius is standing by his side. I think that Gaius takes the blame, so he is put first behind bars. In the preview we can see how they raid his chambers, and the Witchfinder asking Merlin is he can prove that he didn't do it, so I guess the findings in the chambers and something Merlin does makes him join Gaius' fate.

So after all this rambling my guess is that Arthur drags Merlin away after Gaius takes the blame.

I think your right! and all this speculation has made me long for saturday's episode even more!!!

boom-moo

[50]Nov 3, 2009
    Any ideas anyone on why Morgause would challenge Arthur to a sword fight (and win him! ) before leading him to his mother? Maybe to prove if he is ready to face challenges and not always get the outcome he expects or because she wishes the downfall of Camelot for some random reason?

illegalferret

[51]Nov 4, 2009

Maybe she challenges him to a fight on the grounds if she wins he must come with her. Though quite why he'd agree to do it i don't know! So when she wins she takes him (and Merlin) to meet Arthur's mother. But why? maybe she's part of the growing group of people who wish to destroy Camelot and getting Arthur to kill Uther is her way of destroying the kingdom. Or maybe she's just nice and feels sorry for the fact Arthur never meet his mum and doesn't think about the possible consequences. I don't know!!

Geordiegirl1967

[52]Nov 4, 2009

The synopsis for episode 9 is up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2009/wk47/sat.shtml#sat_merlin

When Merlin discovers the beautiful druid girl Freya trapped in a bounty hunter's cage, he knows he must help her escape, as the magical family drama continues. Gaius warns against getting involved but Merlin refuses to listen. Merlin harbours Freya in the tunnels beneath Camelot. But with the bounty hunter searching for his missing prize and a ferocious magical beast on the loose, she can't stay hidden long. Merlin's intense new friendship is tested to the limit and he is forced to make some heartbreaking decisions as he battles to keep Freya safe. Colin Morgan stars as Merlin; Laura Donnelly is Freya; and Richard Wilson plays Gaius.

Sounds great. It is about time Merlin got the opportunity to do some growing up. Arthur has has a lot of character development so far this series.

illegalferret

[53]Nov 4, 2009
    Awww u beat me to it again!!! Anyway this one sounds very interesting indeed, this i agree it will be a very Merlin centred episode which is always good in my books as Colin Morgan is a very good actor! I think this, if all the other spoilers i've read are true, could be very heartbreaking at the end.

Geordiegirl1967

[54]Nov 4, 2009
    Sorry Illegalferret.

This synopsis pretty much gives away that nothing bad happens to Gaius in episode 7. Not earth shattering news, but sort of takes the tension away. That'll teach me for being so thoroughly spoiled.

Am thinking quite hard though about avoiding spoilers for ep10 onwards.

illegalferret

[55]Nov 4, 2009

If you want to avoid spoilers for epi 10 onwards avoid the press releases at all cost!!! They some times give way to much away!!

As this clip is from epi 7 you can look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgp-nTMIzSA

It would appear that Merlin is responsible for the summening of the Witchfinder, ooops!

boom-moo

[56]Nov 4, 2009
    Oh wow, poor Merlin. It's either keeping her love close to him and risk her life or lose her to keep her safe. So heartbreaking!

illegalferret wrote:
    maybe she's part of the growing group of people who wish to destroy Camelot and getting Arthur to kill Uther is her way of destroying the kingdom.
    That's what I think. I don't think that anyone who tries to be nice to Arthur would lead him to his mother, seeing as she reveals him the truth of his birth, although well, that person can't know she would tell him that. But why would she do that? One would think she wouldn't want father and son at odds. I don't totally get it. Gah, I'm dying on anticipation.

illegalferret wrote:
    It would appear that Merlin is responsible for the summening of the Witchfinder, ooops!
    What happens? It won't work in my country and I can'f find a general one

illegalferret

[57]Nov 4, 2009

Ok, Merlin is out collecting firewood, spots some smoke, does some magic and turns it in to a dancing horse (like the bit in the trailors). It fades, when a random young woman grabs his arm and asks him if he saw it. He denies it, but the woman insists she saw magic and exclaims that she must tell the king. End of clip.

Sorry i can't be more detailed but my internet is playing up! What country do u live in by the way?

boom-moo

[58]Nov 4, 2009
    Thank you! It was detailed enough. I remember the big smoke figure, too bad it indeed looks like Merlin being reckless with his magic provoked it all. I bet Gaius is gonna tell him off and I can't imagine how guilty he is gonna feel when Gaius ends up in jail

The video can't be seen in my country (Spain) due to copyright issues

Geordiegirl1967

[59]Nov 4, 2009

Here is a picture of Freya - Merlin's love interest. She is played by Laura Donnelly. She was also in Hex which some of the Merlin folks were involved in.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3498739712/nm1967827

I think she is perfect to play a beautiful druid maiden.

(Why are my links sometimes not clickable. Am I missing something obvious?)

boom-moo

[60]Nov 4, 2009

It works for me but I get a Youtube message saying that the video can't be seen in my country.

She looks all kinds of gorgeous She is from Northern Ireland like Colin and studied in the same drama school as he did.

Found the preview here Is it me or he looks very sad?

Edited on 11/05/2009 10:37am