Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 2 & 3 Spoilers Thread

illegalferret

[61]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 25
    Ok these press releases just keep coming! Here's the one for epi 10 http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2009/wk48/sat.shtml Doesn't sound that great to me, mainly because we've had a similar story before, but you never know!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[62]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 75
    My first impression is the same as yours, sounds like something not too different from what we've had before. But then maybe we are gladly surprised, I guess that will make this one different is Gwen's reaction, she becomes Vivian's maid so that makes it interesting. Guess we'll have to wait and see
    Edited on 11/06/2009 12:28pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Geordiegirl1967

[63]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 5
    Sounds good to me, although i agree this ground has bee travelled before. I am confident they will pull it off though. The writing has been, for the most part, really sharp this series. I heard that a scene was filmed where Arthur is in a fight, has his opponent at his mercy, then shouts to the crowd 'is there no other way for peace?' because he doesn't want to kill him. Highly likely that this will be in this episode.

There is bound to be some Arthur / Gwen angst if Gwen has to be maid to Arthur alleged new love. Poor Gwen. It will look to her like she has been cast aside for someone more beautiful, with more status. Of course only Merlin will be suspicious of Arthurs feelings for Vivien, because he is the only one Arthur has confided in about his feelings for Gwen. Merlin saves the day. Yay! Or maybe his feelings for Gwen will break the enchantment. Love more powerful than an enchantment - that would be really romantic. Does anyone else wonder whether anything will have happened to Morgana by this stage? Why would Gwen be given to a visiting princess if she is still serving Morgana? Is she still at Camelot? Maybe the rift between M and Uther will have happened by the time this ep comes around? Just thinking out loud.

boom-moo

[64]Nov 6, 2009
    Morgana is in the episode and in Camelot, I have seen pics of her in a lovely pearl dress sat by Vivian's side, who is in a champagne dress. Both look gorgeous. My guess is that Gwen tends to Vivian as a deference to the visitors, although it is weird that the royal comittee doesn't travel with a bunch of servants in their entourage. So it sounds to me like it is gonna be a means to create and provide some Arthur/Gwen drama.
    Edited on 11/06/2009 2:23pm

Geordiegirl1967

[65]Nov 6, 2009
    Promo pictures for episode 9 are up. They look fab. The druid girl looks just right. But poor Merlin!! Much sadness for him I fear.

http://lhwo.hostrator.com/merlin/season2/promo/2009/promo1.htm

(Hope the link is clickable - isn't always when I post. Not sure why)

boom-moo

[66]Nov 6, 2009

Clickable link here Aww, they look so cute together. Guess we should get our Kleenex ready for this one.

illegalferret

[67]Nov 7, 2009
    Thanks for the pics! Yeah she does look pretty, tho the dress has definately seen better days! I'll certainly be watching that epi with a box of tissues! If everything i've read is right the end could be heartbreaking!

Geordiegirl1967

[68]Nov 7, 2009
    Do you have links to the pics of Morgana and Vivian Boom-moo? I haven't seen them.

boom-moo

[69]Nov 7, 2009
    Geordiegirl1967 wrote:
    Do you have links to the pics of Morgana and Vivian Boom-moo? I haven't seen them.
    This is 2x10, not to confuse anyone. Here

Photobucket

I have seen some others but nothing really revealing.

illegalferret

[70]Nov 7, 2009
    Nice! It makes me want to be part of Merlin so i can swan around in a really pretty dress! (There are other reasons i'd love to appear in Merlin btw!! ) Is it Georgina Moffet? I swear i've seen her in an epi of Doctor Who.

boom-moo

[71]Nov 7, 2009

Preview to 2x08 here

Yes, it is Georgia Moffet. A link to the filming of a scene with her and Gwen was posted before. Some other pics from 2x10 (I've heard) here:
    Photobucket Photobucket

Edited on 11/07/2009 11:39am
    Edited 2 total times.

illegalferret

[72]Nov 9, 2009

Thanks for the pics

Is Odin, they guy who sends the assissin after Arthur in epi2, right? Because he gets a name check in the trailor for epi 8! Merlin says the woods could be "full of Odin's men" Nice bit of continuity!

boom-moo

[73]Nov 9, 2009
    Yeah, I noticed that too. That's the one in 2x02 indeed.

I have been overthinking as per usual I am really puzzled about that scene in which Merlin is checking out (I assume) Morgana's dresses and he is caught by Gwen. Maybe he is looking for a dress to borrow so the girl he falls for can sneak out of the castle?

illegalferret

[74]Nov 10, 2009

boom-moo wrote:
    I have been overthinking as per usual I am really puzzled about that scene in which Merlin is checking out (I assume) Morgana's dresses and he is caught by Gwen. Maybe he is looking for a dress to borrow so the girl he falls for can sneak out of the castle?

You know, i think you might be right! It would explain why he's dancing around with the dress!

I'm getting so excited for saturday's epi, shame it's still several days off and i've got shed loads of work to do between now and then! Oh i think they quote from the trailor when Arthur asks Merlin what he could possibly know about magic comes from this epi.

boom-moo

[75]Nov 10, 2009

illegalferret wrote:
    Oh i think they quote from the trailor when Arthur asks Merlin what he could possibly know about magic comes from this epi.
    I think so, guess it happens when they are on their way to meet Morgause (right before she makes Ygraine appear, however she makes that). It's sort of fun, poor Merlin has to bite his tongue so much! And it's great that Merlin accompanies Arthur and is present after he meets his mum. He is really gonna need a friend. Tv.com added pictures to the series 2 episode headers, yay Arthur looks really touched/shocked in it.

Promo pics for 2x10 here and 2x11 here

Preview for 2x08 here

Edited on 11/11/2009 5:50am
    Edited 3 total times.

illegalferret

[76]Nov 11, 2009

Ok press release for epi 11 http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2009/wk49/sat.shtml#sat_merlin ignore the fact it says 10/13 at the top this really is epi 11! (Someone can't count )

Now this one sounds interesting, Morgana gets a bigger role and it's the reutrn of everyone's favourite creepy little druid boy - Mordred! This could be the epi when Morgana really turns against Camelot and Uther. Having said that we won't find out til december!!

Edited on 11/11/2009 7:06am

boom-moo

[77]Nov 11, 2009
    Whoa! I remember an interview with Katie in which she said:

Katie McGrath: (About Morgana) She learns for the first time what she's always suspected which is that magic is not good or bad, magic can be a force for good and it does not always mean that you are evil and it goes against everything that Uther has told her and it's the beginning of Morgana seeing what she is and what can be. Mordred comes back and their relationship is going to shape Morgana as a character. Morgana's dark side is something I really look forward to. I'm really, really intrigued to see how far they push it and how much they take out of it because by the end of this season you know she is coming back bad, you know it.

I guess she is gonna surprise us big time!

Geordiegirl1967

[78]Nov 12, 2009
    Second preview for ep 8 is up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDRo5N1GcTM

(Probably won't be clickable. Haven't worked out why)

Looks intriguing.

illegalferret

[79]Nov 12, 2009

It does look interesting and im just wondering what Arthur's reaction is going to be when he relises he's fighting a girl!!!

Oh by the way if anyone is anywhere near Cardiff tonight i've been told by my friend who's at uni there that the cast are turning on the Xmas lights! Sadly my friend is ill so probably can't make it and neither can i as i live near the south coast of England! But if you are in Cardiff enjoy!!

boom-moo

[80]Nov 12, 2009

Geordiegirl1967 wrote:
    (Probably won't be clickable. Haven't worked out why)
    So it is linkable, you have to post it using the "reply" or "quote" buttons (no the "quick reply/quick quote" ones) and then press enter. Do you do that? I can't think of other reason since you are level 3 already.

In any case, here

Edited on 11/12/2009 10:12am