Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 2 & 3 Spoilers Thread

merlinrules09

[81]Nov 12, 2009
    • level: 11
    I wonder why Morgause wants to fight Arthur, if she then later shows him his mother ?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geordiegirl1967

[82]Nov 12, 2009
    • level: 5
    Aha. I have been using quick reply. Mystery solved. Thanks boom moo.

boom-moo

[83]Nov 12, 2009
    • level: 75
    merlinrules09 wrote:
    I wonder why Morgause wants to fight Arthur, if she then later shows him his mother ?
    Me too, I don't find an explanation for the motives she might have. Sounds like a total humiliation, but then introducing him to his mum sounds like a reward. It's confusing indeed.
    Geordiegirl1967 wrote:
    Aha. I have been using quick reply. Mystery solved. Thanks boom moo.
    Lol, you are welcome

illegalferret

[84]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 25

I've just found on youtube a trailor for the 2nd half of the series, it was shown last night when the cast turned on the Xmas lights in Cardiff. I'd post it here but the quality is pretty poor, so i'll wait and see if i can find a better copy. Anyway it looks AMAZING!!! Properly epic, and as far a i can tell Merlin is releasing the dragon! and its gonna turn on Camelot!! Plus there's more Morgana, Mordred, Arthur and Gwen, horses and plenty of magical Merlin!

I'll keep searching for a better copy but you never know they might show it at the end of tomorrows episode!

Geordiegirl1967

[85]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 5

There is a review up of episode 8 on sci-fi online.

http://totalscifionline.com/reviews/4267-merlin-sins-of-the-father-series-2-episode-8

They must have been given a preview copy to review. Very positive. They describe it as "one of the best segments the show has produced, giving everyone bar Gwen at least one strong scene, and moving the show's mythology forward."

I have been hoping this ep will live up to it s promise, and this sounds very promising.

boom-moo

[86]Nov 13, 2009

I saw it too ilegalferret and it really looks absolutely exciting Best version I could find here (starts around 00:55, low quality but hey )

-Is Merlin using Excalibur to free the Dragon?
    -Omg at Arthur screaming "Guinevere"
    -Merlin crying

Thank you, Geordiegirl Sounds all kind of terrific indeed I really, really can't wait for episodes 8 and 9!

I thought of something. Morgause knows about Arthur's birth because she was part of the past of Uther, my guess as one of the sorcerers he expelled from Camelot after Ygraine died, just like Nimueh and many others. Hence he seeks revenge on him using his son, revealling the truth to Arthur so he turns agains his father.

What got me curious is that she seems to know soemthing important about Morgana too. I doubt she knows she can see the future, must be something related to her past, as that line about her "parentage" hints. Now what can that be?.

the once-all powerful king is starting to look increasingly isolated and alienated from those who should naturally respect and love him This is gonna be so cool!

Edited on 11/13/2009 3:56pm
    Edited 3 total times.

illegalferret

[87]Nov 14, 2009
    boom-moo wrote:

I saw it too ilegalferret and it really looks absolutely exciting Best version I could find here (starts around 00:55, low quality but hey )

-Is Merlin using Excalibur to free the Dragon?
    -Omg at Arthur screaming "Guinevere"
    -Merlin crying

That's a much better version than the one i saw! I think you could be right about Excaliber, they said it would be back. And he's gonna need pretty powerful magic to free the dragon and Merlin knows exactly where the sword is! I just wanted to give Merlin a huge hug when i saw him cry and is Arthur finally going to more public admit his feelings for Gwen?

boom-moo wrote:

the once-all powerful king is starting to look increasingly isolated and alienated from those who should naturally respect and love him This is gonna be so cool!

Totally agree!!!

boom-moo

[88]Nov 14, 2009
    illegalferret wrote:
    is Arthur finally going to more public admit his feelings for Gwen?
    Looks like the kind of situation where you act first think later; he is trying to save her from harm, so he could always claim that as a valid excuse. In any case, it's pretty big

I dunno what episode they are from. Could be 9 since there's scenes with a lake. I don't think it's the return of Excalibur, because otherwise Arthur wouldn't be there as Merlin gets the sword back *shrugs* Pity we can't get to see when the horse almost sits on Bradley

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Fray82

[89]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 7
    Those are from episode 8 The Sins of the Father.

boom-moo

[90]Nov 14, 2009
    Fray82 wrote:
    Those are from episode 8 The Sins of the Father.
    Lol yeah, I posted them before the episode aired. The suspense didn't last long

I had this one too, which now I know where it belongs too

Photobucket

merlinrules09

[91]Nov 15, 2009
    I think the Great Dragon is going to be released in the last episode because we've been given the plots for episodes 9, 10 & 11 and it doesn't say that the Great Dragon will be freed then. I think episodes 12 & 13 will be a 2 parter, Morgause might also return in it, if she does, Morgana could find out that Morgause is her half-sister.
    Edited on 11/15/2009 4:55am

boom-moo

[92]Nov 15, 2009
    Yes, that makes sense. Freeing the dragon in the last episode will create a lot of expectation for the new season. I think Mordred is gonna have influence in Morgana turning evil.

merlinrules09

[93]Nov 15, 2009

boom-moo wrote:
    Yes, that makes sense. Freeing the dragon in the last episode will create a lot of expectation for the new season. I think Mordred is gonna have influence in Morgana turning evil.

I think Mordred will start to turn evil with Morgana soon... Maybe Morgause will also have influence in Morgana turning evil. For some reason, Gwen won't be in the next episode.

Edited on 11/15/2009 5:12am

boom-moo

[94]Nov 15, 2009
    Sounds pretty Merlin centric, so maybe she doesn't have any big scene and some small didn't make it to final version. The main one she had in the last episode was cut for the aired version, although it was included in the preview for the media.

merlinrules09

[95]Nov 15, 2009
    Episode 10's title has now been confirmed. It is called Sweet Dreams.

boom-moo

[96]Nov 15, 2009
    merlinrules09 wrote:
    Episode 10's title has now been confirmed. It is called Sweet Dreams.
    It's been added to the guide, but due to a cache issue that has been going on for weeks now, it takes a while to show up

More promo pics for episodes 10 an 11 here

Edited on 11/15/2009 10:42am

illegalferret

[97]Nov 16, 2009

Here's the press release for episode 12 and it sounds amazing!! It also explains were many of the shots in that 2nd half trailor come from!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2009/wk50/sat.shtml

boom-moo

[98]Nov 16, 2009

Whoa! I am really glad Morgause is back. Hopefully we'll get answers to all those questions arising after 2x08 Guess this belongs to this episode.

More new pics for 2x09 and other series 2 episodes here

The crystal stone Merlin is holding in 2x11 looks like the ones Morgause used to watch what was going on in Camelot in 2x08, right?

Edited on 11/17/2009 3:21pm
    Edited 2 total times.

illegalferret

[99]Nov 17, 2009

Thanks for the link to the pictures it all looks so good and epic! I think its going to be intersting in epi 12 when boys return to Camelot and find everyone bar Morgana enchanted. That could lead to some interesting discussions! My sister thinks that she escapes the enchantment due to the bacelet, which i think is a pretty good theory!

illegalferret

[100]Nov 17, 2009

Thanks for the link to the pictures it all looks so good and epic! I think its going to be intersting in epi 12 when boys return to Camelot and find everyone bar Morgana enchanted. That could lead to some interesting discussions! My sister thinks that she escapes the enchantment due to the bacelet, which i think is a pretty good theory! Shame we have to wait until December 12th to find out!!