Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 2 & 3 Spoilers Thread

Geordiegirl1967

[121]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 5
    illegalferret wrote:

Geordiegirl1967 wrote:
    Fingers crossed that Arthur sees Merlin do some magic and the secret is out (even if Merlin doesn't realise he knows)

Oooh what a great idea, because then we'd have a sort of cliffhanger and series 3 could start with Arthur trying to work out how to tell Merlin he knows and how to protect him from his dad. And Merlin still trying to keep his secret, secret unaware Arthur knows. It could provide some great laughs!

Do you mean Arthur trying to protect Merlin from HIS dad ie Uther or from Merlin's dad ie (I think) Balinor? Either would be good. I have a feeling though, as I said above, that Balinor might be a goner. Hope not. It would be good for Merlin to have someone other than Gaius to guide him.

In fact a thought occurs. Maybe the person 'very, very close to Merlin' that he loses is Gaius. Merlin would still need a guide to help him understand his powers, but that could become his father. Oh dear. I don't like that thought!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

illegalferret

[122]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 25
    I meant Uther! I should really learn to make myself clearer! or at least proof read what i write to make sure it makes sense!!

merlinrules09

[123]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 11
    It would be good if Lancelot came back in Episode 12 or 13, instead of us having to wait til Series 3.

boom-moo

[124]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 75

Wow, that is so intense if Balinor is Merlin's dad and he hates Uther to death! Merlin can get stuck in the middle of some really difficulst situations there. It would make sense that Gaius would have spared Balinor, seeing as he is/was related to his sister. Also it always sounds to me like Gaius is a sorcerer at heart, so made sure back then to leave a door open for magic.

Also, did you guys watch the last Secrets and Magic? Johnny Capps said that Freya will be back and not only to provice Merlin with Excalibur. So I'm guessing she is gonna be back before the end of the season. I believe it's Excalibur the sword used to free the Great Dragon.

What else was I going to say? Oh yea, I've seen some pics of Morgana wearing Morgause's bracelet in episodes to come, so the idea that it protects her from the enchantment that affects all the rest sounds even more good now.

New promo pics for 2x10 and 2x12 here, tons of Morgause / Morgana!

Edited on 11/24/2009 12:24pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Geordiegirl1967

[125]Nov 26, 2009
    Does anyone know when this weeks second trailer comes out? Isn't it usually on Wednesdays? I haven't seen mention of it and no sign on BBC website.

illegalferret

[126]Nov 26, 2009
    I know! Where are the previews?! You're right geordiegirl we've normally got at least 1 preview my wednesday afternoon. Not happy

boom-moo

[127]Nov 26, 2009

Something more about this week's episode will have to do for now here

Finally! 2x10 2nd preview here Gah, who could be Vivian!

Edited on 11/27/2009 4:22am

illegalferret

[128]Nov 27, 2009
    boom-moo wrote:

Something more about this week's episode will have to do for now here

Finally! 2x10 2nd preview here Gah, who could be Vivian!

Yay!!! Thanks for both links Can't wait for tomorrow's epi it sounds like it's going to be quite a laugh!

Geordiegirl1967

[129]Nov 27, 2009
    Hmm. I am not particularly optimistic about this ep and the new trailer hasn't really whetted my appetite much. But I will watch with an open mind and hope for some good A/M or A/G moments.

boom-moo

[130]Nov 27, 2009

Guess it's meant as something to balance out for the drama of the previous episodes and of the ones to come. I hope we get a couple of good meaningful scenes in between the fun.

Preview for 2x11 here

Edited on 11/28/2009 3:55pm

illegalferret

[131]Dec 1, 2009
    If Merlin's Dad is the last remaining Dragon Lord, it's a fair bet that he helped Uther imprison the dragon. But if that's the case why is the Dragon helping Merlin? The Dragon isn't one to forgive yet he may have forgiven the son of the man who imprisoned him. Hmm why is the 19th so long away!!

Geordiegirl1967

[132]Dec 1, 2009
    We don't know that merlin's dad is the one that imprisoned the dragon. Also even if he was why would the dragon know that he was merlin's dad. I cannot wait for the next 3 eps. They look fantastic.

boom-moo

[133]Dec 1, 2009
    I don't think that the Dragon cares about who Merlin's father is. Even if his father inprisoned him, the Dragon knows that only Merlin can return magic to the kingdom and that by offering his help (which has been much needed in several occasions), he would achieve freedom. And well, it's kind of an ironic pay-off to be freed by the son of the man who put him in chains. Once he is free, he will seek revenge as he finds more fit, and on whoever he wants, even Merlin's dad.

Promo pics for 2x13 here and here Looks really epic!
    Edited on 12/01/2009 12:24pm

illegalferret

[134]Dec 2, 2009
    We've now got a picture/header thing for each episode in series 2 Please don't tell me they've been there all long and i've just been an idiot and not seen them!! lol! I'm loving the one for episode 10 mmm cute Arthur

boom-moo

[135]Dec 2, 2009

The pics have been there for a while Only that the ones for episode 9 and 10 were put up just yesterday. It's great that tv.com is treating the show nicely.

2nd preview for 2x11 here

Edited on 12/02/2009 1:17pm

Geordiegirl1967

[136]Dec 3, 2009
    Hmmm. Not keen on this clip. Arthur is being horrible to merlin. The point about his chamber being locked at all times was rich. Noone locks their doors. If they did most of the plots we have seen wouldn't work

still looking forward to it although I am more keen on the sound of the last 2 to this one.

boom-moo

[137]Dec 3, 2009
    Yeah, Merlin has no way to know every time Arthur goes in and out of his room. He is busy enough doing chores all around for Arthur, for Gaius and enjoying the free time he gets. And in the past, Morgana and Cedric stole Arthur's keys as well and he didn't blame Merlin or anyone else.

illegalferret

[138]Dec 3, 2009

It's odd that he should blame him as i think over the course of the 2 series Arthur's room has never been locked and doesn't Arthur only take his keys off when he sleeps? In which case he's in the room and surely wouldn't want to be locked in!! On the other hand maybe Arthur knows Urthur will probably blame him for the stones dissapearence and therefor is annoyed so blames everyone but himself!!

Also i've found this http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/12_december/03/merlin.shtml I know we've all known for some time that we were getting a third series but here is the offical, shiney, proper proof!

boom-moo

[139]Dec 3, 2009
    Cedric mentioned about being in the anteroom and Gwen is often around when Morgana has her nightmares, so that puzzles. Do servants never get to sleep in their own bed or just when it fits the plotline?

I agree that Arthur is blaming Merlin in his frustration, Uther is probably disappointed and blaming him in turn and he can't stand that.

*jumps up and down for a season 3 official confirmation*

illegalferret

[140]Dec 4, 2009
    Just found this, its another little clip from tomorrow's episode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Jl7o8W-KAUK only i'm afraid but Boom-moo is a genius so will probably be able to find a link for you all lucky people who don't live in cold wet Briton! Enjoy!