Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 2 & 3 Spoilers Thread

boom-moo

[141]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 75
    Thank you, and it's not UK only, I can watch it Tricky Mordred hiding in the barrel, good thing that Merlin can listen to him too. But he knows that, right? How come he hasn't thought about it? And Morgana can listen to him too... interesting. Her loyalties are gonna be divided indeed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geordiegirl1967

[142]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 5
    Good review of ep 11 in sci fi online

http://totalscifionline.com/reviews/4368-merlin-the-witch-s-quickening%20%20-series-2-episode-11

(won't be clickable. I can only use quick reply. Must be my browser)

They give it 8/10. No humour according to them, and Merlin and Arthur are both caught in the middle of the row between Morgana and Uther. Sounds exciting!

boom-moo

[143]Dec 4, 2009

Link here I wonder if anyone else gets to know about Morgana's powers in the episode, looks like it although the review is vague in that point. I really can't wait!

merlinrules09

[144]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 11
    boom-moo wrote:

Link here I wonder if anyone else gets to know about Morgana's powers in the episode, looks like it although the review is vague in that point. I really can't wait!

It really sounds like a really good episode Can't wait to watch it tonight , only a few more hours

illegalferret

[145]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 25

I just thought, in admist vrything tonight i really hope Arthur bumps into Mordred. Just because it would make for a fasinating conversation: Arthur "Oh it's you, didn't i save you from being murdered by my father? and this is how you repay me, by helping to destroy camelot" Morderd could then smile in that really creepy way of his. Arthur: "Cheers". Well at least something along those lines!!

boom-moo

[146]Dec 5, 2009

I can't wait to see the confrontation between Morgana and Uther and how Arthur and Merlin are gonna react!

Preview for 1x12 here Omg, looks terrific and that's the episode where Merlin frees the Dragon (I was wondering why episode 12 of Secrets and Magic is entitled The Dragon's Den, now it makes sense). I wonder if Merlin uses Excalibur to break the Dragon's chains and if Freya helps him get the sword. Sounds like a bit too much having both Morgause and Freya back in the same episode though so on second thought I guess that's not the case. And looks like Arthur is placing Gwen on Morgana's bed while she is under the enchantment, aww so cute

Edited on 12/05/2009 11:20am

merlinrules09

[147]Dec 6, 2009
    boom-moo wrote:

I can't wait to see the confrontation between Morgana and Uther and how Arthur and Merlin are gonna react!

Preview for 1x12 here Omg, looks terrific and that's the episode where Merlin frees the Dragon (I was wondering why episode 12 of Secrets and Magic is entitled The Dragon's Den, now it makes sense). I wonder if Merlin uses Excalibur to break the Dragon's chains and if Freya helps him get the sword. Sounds like a bit too much having both Morgause and Freya back in the same episode though so on second thought I guess that's not the case. And looks like Arthur is placing Gwen on Morgana's bed while she is under the enchantment, aww so cute

Episode 13 is the one when the dragon gets released, is it not?

boom-moo

[148]Dec 6, 2009
    merlinrules09 wrote:
    Episode 13 is the one when the dragon gets released, is it not?
    According to the preview we saw at the end of episode 11, it is episode 12 the one where the dragon is released. There's one scene in which Merlin is chopping the chain with a sword. There's one link to the preview in both in my previous post and in post #1. I guess the Dragon finds a den, gathers allies and plots his revenge on Camelot, which is carried away in episode 13. 12 is the one with Morgause and the dead knights.

illegalferret

[149]Dec 8, 2009

I don't get why Merlin is going to release the dragon. I mean i know he promised, but after seeing what he saw in the stone last week, what is going to pursuade him to cut the dragon free?!

Maybe the dragon saves them from Morgause and out of gratitude (and the need for a undistrubed, dragon free night's sleep) he sets him free!

Ahh saturday can't come soon enough!

boom-moo

[150]Dec 8, 2009

Merlin is the kind of man who fulfills his promises. And The Great Dragon can totally haunt him non stop until he does. I guess that the words that Gaius told him about 'not being just one reality and future being shaped everyday' will have some effect on him as well.

______

Gah, no second preview for 6x12? Youtube BBC channel has nothing yet

Edited on 12/11/2009 8:23am

illegalferret

[151]Dec 11, 2009
    Found one! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xOO_iD-7lI (possibly UK only tho!) Looks interesting!

merlinrules09

[152]Dec 11, 2009

illegalferret wrote:
    Found one! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xOO_iD-7lI (possibly UK only tho!) Looks interesting!

I really can't wait til tomorrow's episode, it looks amazing !

boom-moo

[153]Dec 11, 2009
    Ee, not UK only I guess that the magic that Morgause is doing on Morgana is the one that will keep her unenchanted while the rest of the people in Camelot are under the spell. It is so exciting!

Geordiegirl1967

[154]Dec 11, 2009
    ep 12 is available to download on itunes (by mistake - so may soon disappear). I have just watched it. Wow!

boom-moo

[155]Dec 11, 2009
    Geordiegirl1967 wrote:
    ep 12 is available to download on itunes (by mistake - so may soon disappear). I have just watched it. Wow!
    Holy you lucky girl!

ilee1990

[156]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 10

Geordiegirl1967 wrote:

Interesting. No episodes for Season 2 are available on ITunes right now. At least no in the US. Maybe somebody will put up a torrent earlier than tomorrow.

Edited on 12/11/2009 8:37pm

boom-moo

[157]Dec 11, 2009

Too bad they noticed the leak.

Since iTunes screwed up putting up episode 12 before it's aired on tv, some lucky people go to watch it before it was taken down.

Here are some spoilers I gathered around. Looks like this episode is gonna give so much to talk about, especially if you check out the comments section under the link I provide at the end of this entry. So:

-Merlin poisons Morgana to make Morgause stop the knights. He manipulates the situation and indeed Morgana to his advantage.

-Arthur and Morgana are fleshed out more here and show a tight bond, which makes Merlin betrayal of Morgana and in turn Arthur even more dark.

-Merlin finally grows a pair and actually makes things happen and is not afraid to make people do his bidding at the risk of being an ass but now not afraid to get what he wants and twist someone's arm to do it.

-Not much Arthur and Gwen in this but a small scene will make A/G shippers happy.

-Merlin becoming darker and thus more manipulative but at what cost to himself and those around him? Gwen and Arthur and indeed Uther will be reeling if they discover what he did and why.

Some pics of the episode here

Edited on 12/12/2009 5:53am

Geordiegirl1967

[158]Dec 12, 2009
    I am one of the lucky few who watched this ep before it was taken down, and I don't agree with your summary Boom-moo. Spoilers obviously follow...

Merlin was not manipulating anyone - least of all Morgana. If anyone was being manipulative it was the dragon who was using Merlins desire to protect Arthur against him. He told Merlin that Morgana was behind the spell that was making everyone sleep - and I don't think he was lying although Morgana wasn't aware of her role as she had been enchanted by Morgause. He told Merlin that the only way to stop the curse that was about to lead to Camelots destruction and, more immediately (as he was fighting the reincarnated knights at the time) Arthur, was to kill Morgana. Up to this point Merlin had been trying to protect Morgana and deflect Arthur's natural suspicions about why she was the only one left awake. He waited until it seemed like they, and particularly Arthur, were doomed and there was nothing else to try, before he gave Morgana the poison. Merlin DOES betray Morgana - but he had no choice, and she had betrayed them all already, so I'm not shedding any tears over it. He absolutely did NOT betray Arthur. Everything he did he did for him. If Arthur found out what Merlin did, and why, and that Morgana was on Morgause's side (which she clearly says she is at the start of the ep) then he would understand. He hates Morgause, and would sacrifice Morgana for his father and Camelot in a heartbeat. That was the choice they were facing. This ep showed Merlin and Arthurs bond more than Merlin or Arthur's bond with Morgana. Arthur felt bad at the end that Morgana was gone (with Morgause - not dead) but had been very suspicious of her throughout the episode.

Morgana did not understand why Merlin was poisoning her, so she will no doubt turn against him now as Mordred already has - setting things up nicely for next series.

This was a great ep. The summary above doesn't reflect it properly IMHO.

illegalferret

[159]Dec 12, 2009
    Ahhhhhhhhh You've made me desperately want to see this episode now!! This evening can't come soon enough!

boom-moo

[160]Dec 12, 2009

Thank you so much for your take on the episode, Geordiegirl What I posted was just info I gathered around, so I guess it is a matter of personal interpretation. I can't wait to watch it to be able to share mine, looks really great! And I won't be home this evening so I'll have to wait to watch it until very late tonight. Gah!

Edit: After watching the episode I fully agree with Geordiegirl's take

2x13 preview here

Edited on 12/12/2009 9:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.