Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 4 Spoilers Thread

Bridgess91

[21]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 8
    I don't think Morgause will come back since they said that one's departure will be permanent. Unless they were talking about Cenred, Moragause is the one that we won't see again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

okajou8000

[22]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 2

- Arthur will be the real leader of camelot.

- Arthur will begin to have suspicions about Merlin and his powers.

- Gwen won't be a servant any more (she is the prince's love and her brother is a knight now)

- Gaius will leave Camelot (in the 7th episode).......don't know why yet!!

- Uther will reveal all his secrets to Arthur..........and will die in the 6th ep (a heart atack or simply will commit a suicide)

- Merlin is more powerful, and leaving Camelot from time to time (to check abt excalibur, and seek for morgana and morgause)

- Lancelot/Gwen............you see what I mean!

- Morgana reunited with Mordred, both will regain Camelot and dethrone Arthur (final ep), and they will use magic to make people forget abt Arthur and his right to the throne.

- lot of action and battles.

boom-moo

[23]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 75
    Lol okajou, you have clear episode marks and all!

okajou8000 wrote:
    Gwen won't be a servant any more (she is the prince's love and her brother is a knight now)
    What would she do then?

ACDiNosey

[24]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 28
    Hang around aimlessly and boss other servants around?

boom-moo

[25]Dec 6, 2010
    Moral compassing Arthur all day long?

ACDiNosey

[26]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 28
    Building up a supply of dresses for the knights of the Round Table?

boom-moo

[27]Dec 6, 2010
    Arranging flowers and making key duplicates? Lol

Nah, Gwen will carry on working as a maid. It'll give her the chance to be around and have some scenes with Arthur. And Uther is still to know that they are together.

okajou8000

[28]Dec 6, 2010

boom-moo wrote:
    Lol okajou, you have clear episode marks and all!
    okajou8000 wrote:
    Gwen won't be a servant any more (she is the prince's love and her brother is a knight now)
    What would she do then?

well, for Gwen, she has no need to work, her brother will take care of her (i guess that being a knight it pays well :p).......and she is there, living between the castle and her father's house (in the castle she is learning how to be a queen, u know,Protocol and all the stuff), and also waiting for the day the vilain Meleagant comes to kidnap her !

Edited on 12/06/2010 10:01am

boom-moo

[29]Dec 6, 2010
    So you think Uther is gonna accept Arthur and Gwen's relationship?

I dunno what to think about it. Uther looked really distroyed and in no position to get all full of himself and tell Arthur what to do with his life (seeing as he is not the best example). But then it's Uther we are talking about.

I wonder how true it is the spoiler about not being a reset come series 4.

exactimondi

[30]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 4

boom-moo wrote:

Arranging flowers and making key duplicates? Lol Nah, Gwen will carry on working as a maid. It'll give her the chance to be around and have some scenes with Arthur.

But now Morganas gone what will she do if she is a maid? Do you think she would just be a general maid or a maid to someone in particular?

boom-moo

[31]Dec 6, 2010
    I don't think there's a shortage of things to do around a castle. I guess she'll give a hand doing whatever, although I'm pretty sure we won't see her getting a lot of work done. Maybe carry stuff around so she can stumble upon Arthur on a corridor... the usual deal.

okajou8000

[32]Dec 6, 2010

boom-moo wrote:
    So you think Uther is gonna accept Arthur and Gwen's relationship? I dunno what to think about it. Uther looked really distroyed and in no position to get all full of himself and tell Arthur what to do with his life (seeing as he is not the best example). But then it's Uther we are talking about. I wonder how true it is the spoiler about not being a reset come series 4.

in an interview with ASH, he said that the events will make Uther open his eyes, and see thingsdifferently........maybe, seeing that his son was able to regain Camelot, he is more confident on Arthur's common sense ( no need to talk abt how ashamed he must be with all the secrets and lies all around his life), and will let him take his own life decisions........but Arthur, to show his father that he still respects him, won't marry Gwen till Uther is dead!

AudiRox

[33]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 6
    When can we expect series 4 spoilers to surface? March/April? Going to be a long wait!

I hope Anthony Head gets more screen time with his character softening a tad, especially after the events of 3.12/3.13.

boom-moo

[34]Dec 6, 2010
    March they start filming again, and we usually get a little something from interviews. April is when the first filming block at Pierrefonds happens and hence spoilers galore

blackphonix

[35]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 10

Asesia wrote:
    -Morgause to be dead. Sorry but its true lmao. But then again, if Morgause is alive, she knows Gaius and possibly Merlin has magic.

Totally agree. As much as I love Morgause, she needs to get out of the picture. I want Morgana to upgrade from a smirking sidekick to a threatening Big Bad.

boom-moo

[36]Dec 6, 2010
    I think that might be one of the first spoilers we might get, if Emilia is gonna be back on the show or not.

merlinrules09

[37]Dec 7, 2010
    • level: 11

If we have got a longer time to wait until Series 4 starts, then they'll have more time to film it, meaning they should be able to film more than 13 episodes.

boom-moo

[38]Dec 7, 2010
    It is not a matter of time but of money. They have confirmed they are doing 10 episodes to air in 2011.

Tankim

[39]Dec 7, 2010
    • level: 4

I believe that they will introduce the dragon egg in season 4 as well as Arthur getting to know the secret about his birth. Surely, Morgana already knows since she spent a lot of time with Morgause who knows about Igraine and the true circumstances. So my guess is that Morgana is going to let Arthur know, one way or the other. Or Uther does. Or both.

I also think that Morgana will now get really mad, crazy, completely evil which I would not like so much because I had high hopes that she was just influenced by Morgause and probably come to senses again in the final episode.

Merlin might become even more an advisor of Arthur and mature even more, get more respected by Arthur. And I suppose that Arthur will learn about Merlin's true power, at least he will get suspicious. Perhaps the final episode of the fourth season reveals Merlin's magic.

Supposingly, Uther will have to get over the shock of Morgana's betrayal and hatred (and maybe he gets to know about her magic?), yet I assume that they will show it only in the background. Since the fourth season will only have 10 episodes, Uther's screentime will be cut even more. ( He will probably act confused and like the living dead during the first few episodes but also see what he did wrong. I sincerely hope that he will learn about Merlin's magic and accept it, maybe even before Arthur knows. In the original legend, Uther was a close friend to Merlin and Merlin helped him with magic. Who knows, perhaps the writers/producers will make something out of it? He might recover in the middle of season four and get softer, maybe even accept Arthur and Gwen's relationship up to a certain point (turning a blind eye?) or accept it fully because Gwen is the sister of a knight. My hopes that Uther will get a love life aside from the troll are crushed, now that he seems to be completely broken. I would have loved to see him getting happy again. Well, but maybe there will be something like this in season 4, if ever.

More guesses (and just that):

Excalibur won't be an issue in season 4.

The dragon will help Merlin and advise him but their relationship will get better.

Gaius, I suppose will get more opportunities to do magic.

Hunith will return.

Merlin will have to deal more with things concerning Avalon, maybe he will even meet priests or priestesses of the Old Religion who are not like Nimueh or Morgause but maybe on Merlin's side.

Arthur will have to take charge now and then and contradict Uther even more. Or maybe Uther agrees on Arthur taking charge since he regrets a lot of things he had done in the past and really sees things differently. Hopefully a little longer than just a few seconds per episode....

Lancelot will have a hard time seeing Gwen growing closer to Arthur.

Gwaine will get to know about Merlin's magic.

Mordred will return and won't be pleased about certain things.

Bridgess91

[40]Dec 7, 2010
    • level: 8
    I'm sure that we will see more mordred

My guesses:

S4 will be a year or two after the previous events.

Morgana had the time to prepare an evil plan but then mordred appear and help her. She knows about Merlin magic.

Merlin becomes wiser as the legend says.

Gwen and Arthur aren't together because Arthur doesn't want to trouble more his father.

Uther is devastated by morgana's attitude and t will take time to recover from that.

We'll see less Gaius.