Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 4 Spoilers Thread

D-syfer

[81]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 10

SFX's short interview with Johnny Capps here.He has confirmed that Series 4 will be 13 episodes andnot 10.Andhetold of otherstuff regarding the first three epis.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Asesia

[82]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 5
    I am so excited that Alice Troughton is directing the opening 2 parter. Every one of my favorite episodes seem to be hers. Also I'm curious about the 'interesting tension' they mentioned. It will be interesting to see the Knights stories play out, and how they deal with Uthers story now. Cause he is still a broken man in season 4 which i'm happy about

boom-moo

[83]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 75
    Rupert Young was right! I wonder which "people" are the ones surprised with Arthur's choice of knights. People of Camelot have always welcome Arthur's initiative when it has come to break Uther's rules in the past (as it's always been in their benefit) so they should trust Arthur more.

I like that Uther is a broken man (so that Arthur assumes a "bit more" of responsibily) but still able to rule and make decisions. Things aren't half as interesting without Uther around. He has to conceed on letting Arthur keep his knights around after they've saved his bum life and his kingdom so that must have been quite a hard pill to swallow. I wonder what's his take on Guinevere and if he knows she helped a big deal with the events on 3x13 and that Arthur is kissing her in public...

I'm glad though that Arthur is going through a winding road when it comes to assume more responsibility, sounds pretty realistic since every decision is always gonna have a positive and a negative feedback.

AT is meh to me since he made Arthur slap Merlin but I like Howard Overman, he's written some of my fav episodes so here is hope he doesn't come up with another Goblin's Gold.

A couple of pics from the first week of filming here (Squee, Sir Leon ) and here.

Edited on 03/19/2011 11:41am
    Edited 4 total times.

dpebbleson

[84]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 23
    Good news indeed!

I agree that Uther is essential to the show. I'm eagerly waiting for the entire interview to appear, so we may hear his attitude towards Morgana.

I certainly hope J. Capps won't go 'season 5 million' again, even if they don't do the reveal this season.

I like both episodes by Howard Overman, and those directed by AT, "The Crystal Cave", e.g.

The second link doesn't work for me.

boom-moo

[85]Mar 19, 2011
    Try clicking in the link yourself here

dpebbleson

[86]Mar 19, 2011
    boom-moo wrote:
    Try clicking in the link yourself here

You're too good to be true! But you are true, which creates a paradox...

Thanks, it's funny seeing knights with umbrellas!

boom-moo

[87]Mar 19, 2011
    You are welcome

(You are doing really well on staying spoiler free, by the way )

dpebbleson

[88]Mar 19, 2011
    boom-moo wrote:
    You are welcome

(You are doing really well on staying spoiler free, by the way )

Ah yes, I've noticed that as well, hahaha.

Okay, from now on I won't appear here. I want to watch S4 in all its virginity, as it were.

*caws and flies out of Spoilers room*

ACDiNosey

[89]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 28
    at Howard Overman writing S4E3... He did write S3E3 too, and the result was, well, Goblin's Gold (need I say anything else?)

I'm really excited about JJ writing the opening two-parter (and it being a two-parter) and Alice Troughton directing it. She usually makes a great job at getting her episodes visually stunning.

boom-moo

[90]Mar 19, 2011
    ACDiNosey wrote:
    at Howard Overman writing S4E3... He did write S3E3 too, and the result was, well, Goblin's Gold (need I say anything else?)
    It's the placement of the episode which worries me too. I take it the opening two parter will be intense, and the 3rd ep will probably be of a lighter tone.

Otherwise, Howard Overman has written The Labyrinth of Gedref and The Sins of the Father, two of my favs, as well as good ones like Queen of Hearts so he can do brilliant writing.

ACDiNosey

[91]Mar 19, 2011
    I agree he can write nice things, as the Labyrinth of Gedref is one of my favs too. But it seems he's writing at his best when writing dramatic/serious episodes, so, let's just hope that S4E3 will not be lighthearted then

boom-moo

[92]Mar 19, 2011
    Here is hope indeed but being #3 is making me wonder if it'll end up being another fiasco

ACDiNosey

[93]Mar 24, 2011

Digital Spy article about a new arrival to the cast of Merlin. Given Agravaine is presented as "Arthur's uncle", I assume he is Ygraine's brother...

D-syfer

[94]Mar 24, 2011
    • level: 10
    Or it could be Uther's brother.

ACDiNosey

[95]Mar 24, 2011

Yep, but then I would have expected the article to say so. Plus, Ygraine and Agravaine are actually very similar names. That's pure conjecture on my part though, so you may well be right D-Syfer

Along the same vein, thus spoilerish for those who don't want to know anything about S4, Nathaniel Parker seems happy with the cast of Merlin so far, here

Edited on 03/24/2011 8:04am

boom-moo

[96]Mar 24, 2011
    Going by the name he could be related to Ygraine indeed (although Ygraine's brother Tristan du Bois sounds nothing like her name). He doesn't look anything like her although that isn't always meaningful. If he is Ygraine's brother, I wonder if he is gonna be resentful after Uther killed his brother (said Tristan du Bois).

According to the legends, he was Arthur's nephew though Lol He exposes Lancelot and Guinevere and allies with Mordred. TPTB don't usually go with the legends but hey, sounds like he'll be someone to bring about some tension.

Or maybe he is a goodie and somehow connected with Excalibur and the whole 'proving that Arthur is rightful heir to the throne' story, although it seems way too early for that.
    Edited on 03/24/2011 12:56pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Asesia

[97]Mar 25, 2011

Morgause is back!
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8404769/Actress-Emilia-Fox-takes-her-cub-to-work.html

ACDiNosey wrote:
    Along the same vein, thus spoilerish for those who don't want to know anything about S4, Nathaniel Parker seems happy with the cast of Merlin so far, here

But judging by Emilia's interview, and what Nathaniel has said about filming with katie, it looks like they will be back within the first block. I love the sisters to death but I didn't want them to return so soon. Their departure needed time to settle. I wanted to see reactions.

Edited on 03/25/2011 12:12am

boom-moo

[98]Mar 25, 2011
    Asesia wrote:
    I love the sisters to death but I didn't want them to return so soon. Their departure needed time to settle. I wanted to see reactions.
    Maybe it's stuff for ep 3 or 4 although I think they'll be back in the opening two parter.

I'm so glad Morgause is alive, but there was no other way the M&M would have vanished from Camelot in 3x13. Much as I love Morgause, I just hope Morgana gets some growth as a sorceress and steps out of her sister's shadow.

Asesia

[99]Mar 25, 2011
    Do you think that Agravaine will be working for/with the sisters? It threw me off a bit when he said he worked closely with both Katie and Angel. Maybe under Morgana's guidance he went to Camelot.

But I would really love if one of Arthur's relatives.. or at least someone came to Camelot with good intentions lol. I'm also really interested to see the sisters relationship now. Will they still be as close if not closer? If that is at all possible. Or will what happen put strain on their relationship.

But until we get some more set pictures and spoilers, I'm just going to sit back and wait to hear if Asa Butterfield is going to be coming back.

boom-moo

[100]Mar 25, 2011
    Upon rereading, Nathaniel Parker mentions Alice T (the director of the opening two parter) so it's settled that's where he (and Morgana) make an appearance for the first time and not later in the 1st block.

I dunno, he mentions Angel, Katie, Richard and Colin and states that he hasn't worked with Tony and the knights yet so it's confusing where he stands. And then galloping through the Forest of Dean... he might be dark if he is in connection with both Morgana and then with the people in Camelot.

I hope for the sisters to keep close but for Morgana to stand her ground. She could hardly blame Morgause for her plan not working when she is not able to come up with any on her own. Here is hope that changes.

Studio pic filming at the Council chambers here. Looks like Gwen and Gaius. Does Gwen have her turquoise dress on? No bodice?

Edited on 03/25/2011 2:16am