Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 4 Spoilers Thread

ACDiNosey

[121]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 28
    Sarah, I read the same thing into it because he's saying will and won't rather than would and wouldn't, but I too, think it may just be wishful thinking on my part.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[122]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 75
    illegalferret wrote:
    Reading that has made me all excited for the autumn! From what Colin said about the Merlin magic reveal it sounds like they are really beginning to lay the ground work for it all to come out or is that just wishful thinking on my part?!
    I find that bit pretty confusing. So it's not going to happen quicky but it might be happening in the long run?

ACDiNosey

[123]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 28
    I think he's just saying that they're going to build it up and make it into a political thing rather than a Merlin/Arthur thing... Which suggest to me that my reading of S3 (i.e. that Arthur knows something already) might not be that far off the truth if Colin doesn't think that Arthur's behaviour towards Merlin will change...

BrightlyLit

[124]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 5
    ACDiNosey wrote:
    I think he's just saying that they're going to build it up and make it into a political thing rather than a Merlin/Arthur thing... Which suggest to me that my reading of S3 (i.e. that Arthur knows something already) might not be that far off the truth if Colin doesn't think that Arthur's behaviour towards Merlin will change...

I have had a feeling in my gut since I saw 3x10 that Arthur knows that the old wizard was Merlin.

rtms

[125]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 8

texasislandr wrote:

Tankim wrote:

Yeah, spoiler time again! Somehow I love it because it means that a new season is coming up :-D

I think Agravain is Igraine's brother or half brother, although I'd like him to be Uther's brother, since I'd like to know more about the Pendragon family and their past. In the original legends, Agravain is Igraine's son, so I think that in *Merlin* he is related to Igraine. Maybe, Gwaine is Agravain's son, which would make Gwaine Arthur's cousin. Again close to the legend, in which Gwaine is Arthur's nephew.

That would be cool, but I doubt it would happen because they already said his father died in battle. The king then left him and his mother without anything to survive on, which is why Gwaine hates royalty in the series Poor Gwaine. I do believe Agravain will be related to Igraine though.

Agravine has always been a son of Morgause and Lot along with his other brothers, Mordred, Gawhaine, Gareth and Garis?. Uther's only known brother was his older brother Aurelius who defeated Vortigen. At some point Aurelius gets killed somehow and Uther inherits the kingdom. Uther himself said this season in the melee tournament when he was fighting Aurthr that 'he won his kingdom' implying that he had to conquer Camelot, it wasn't given to him. I'm going out on a limb and thinking that Agravine is a illegitimate son but since Uther is incapacitated he sneaks in and tries to take over.

boom-moo

[126]Mar 29, 2011
    More like gossip than a spoiler but hey, who knows?

fantasymommy

[127]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 9
    boom-moo wrote:
    More like gossip than a spoiler but hey, who knows?

I vote gossip...seems too subjective to me.

boom-moo

[128]Mar 29, 2011
    Yeah, sorry about that, we haven't had any spoiler worth being called so yet. We have the usual: 'there are big changes coming', 'characters are growing', 'Camelot is a different place', 'there's drama around the corner', bla, bla... what's new about that? That's as generic as it can be. We aren't getting much yet but at least it gives the chance to especulate a bit around.

Nathaniel Parker's character is gonna be a recurrent role throughout the season: "For once I have a correction to make on one of our fabulous webmistress' contributions. I am not appearing as a guest star in Merlin, I am actually going to be in the whole series! I can't say too much yet, altho' as Jessika mentioned I have already announced it on tv, but I don't want to pre-empt whatever press release they may want to put out. Ooops, ah well I guess I already have. In the meantime, I am getting a chance to ride and wear period costume, something I don't feel I have done in a while, so that's fun. I can say that it is a fantastic set to work on, but I think I have already said as much on my last letter here." Source.

Michael Cronin is gonna be back as Geoffrey of Monmouth Source.

Edited on 03/30/2011 2:07pm

D-syfer

[129]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 10

boom-moo wrote:
    Nathaniel Parker's character is gonna be a recurrent role throughout the season: "For once I have a correction to make on one of our fabulous webmistress' contributions. I am not appearing as a guest star in Merlin, I am actually going to be in the whole series! I can't say too much yet, altho' as Jessika mentioned I have already announced it on tv, but I don't want to pre-empt whatever press release they may want to put out. Ooops, ah well I guess I already have. In the meantime, I am getting a chance to ride and wear period costume, something I don't feel I have done in a while, so that's fun. I can say that it is a fantastic set to work on, but I think I have already said as much on my last letter here." Source.

Sounds interesting, and promising. So what could this mean for Uther and Arthur if he's going to bearound in the whole series?

I remember reading a post that the people who made Buffy the Vampire Slayer are planning to make a Buffy movie. So that could mean that Anthony Head wouldn't be around too much to film for Merlin. I guess that's why they made this new character, Arthur's uncle, as a sort of father figure or self-installed adviser to the Prince-regent while King Uther isolates himself in his chambers as he wallows in his grief and remorse. I don't know if the Buffy movie is just a rumor, but I sure hope it is. I'll miss Anthony a lot.

boom-moo wrote:
    Michael Cronin is gonna be back as Geoffrey of Monmouth Source.

Yehey! my woolly eyebrowed boss is back!

I have a funny feeling that we won't be seeing much of Morgana this next series. She and Morgause are probablybe hiding somewhere as they plan their next evil plot against Camelot.

BUmistress

[130]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 3

This is interesting news! A brandnew character! I wonder if he'll stir up trouble in Camelot. With Morganasomewhat out of the pictureand Uther being a broken man, we need new story lines. I'm looking forward to it!

boom-moo

[131]Mar 31, 2011
    Yes, I think he'll stir the waters. There have been a bunch of goodies that have become regulars (the Knights of the Round Table) so gotta balance out for that and for the loss of Cenred.

I don't know if I'm right, but why don't just make Morgana more evil and powerful instead of bringing new baddie regulars? Ugh.

BUmistress

[132]Mar 31, 2011
    • level: 3

boom-moo wrote:
    Yes, I think he'll stir the waters. There have been a bunch of goodies that have become regulars (the Knights of the Round Table) so gotta balance out for that and for the loss of Cenred. I don't know if I'm right, but why don't just make Morgana more evil and powerful instead of bringing new baddie regulars? Ugh.

I'm sure they have other plans for Morgana. Her character isn't done just yet. Perhaps they'll make her more powerful towards the end of the 4th season. And then the absolute baddie in the 5th. Meanwhile, a new character has emerged to add spice to the pot. Too bad Cenred is gone. I kinda like him in those pants! Muahahaha! Perhaps Uther's brother will drive a wedge between Arthur and Gwen...

boom-moo

[133]Mar 31, 2011
    BUmistress wrote:
    Perhaps they'll make her more powerful towards the end of the 4th season. And then the absolute baddie in the 5th.
    The thing is that during the past hiatus everyone kept saying that she had graduated to full puppet villain

BUmistress wrote:
    Too bad Cenred is gone. I kinda like him in those pants!
    Hear, hear...

Merlin crew has been reported filming at Speech House Lake (featured in The Gates of Avalon, Excalibur, The Lady of the Lake and The Changeling) on Thursday March 31st.

Dale McCready shares a pic from a night shoot at Raglan Castle (Isle of the Blessed in 1x13 'Le Morte d'Arthur' and Idirsholas citadel in 2x12 'The Fires of Idirsholas') here.

Bradley James shares a pic of Camelot's football team here.

Edited on 04/01/2011 3:57pm
    Edited 3 total times.

jane9115

[134]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 5

About the Colin interview my theory (prayers) is that Arthur wises up to Merlin's magic and before revealing to Merlin that he knows anything he tries to change the polcies and general view of magic in Camelot. (You guys are going to come to know me as the never ending pusher for the big reveal lol. I wont let it go )

I guess I'm just wondering if nathaniel's characteris going to be a good or bad influence on Arthur?

Do we actually know if the Buffy movie is happening? And if (well he better if its true) is filming it soon?

Edited on 04/01/2011 11:16pm

D-syfer

[135]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 10

A Friday Knight Gift from Bradley here.

I don't know if this is spoilerish so I put it here.

boom-moo

[136]Apr 2, 2011
    jane9115 wrote:
    I guess I'm just wondering if nathaniel's characteris going to be a good or bad influence on Arthur?
    I have no idea but he's been working with Katie and he is staying for the season, so I think he is gonna be a baddie.
    jane9115 wrote:
    Do we actually know if the Buffy movie is happening? And if (well he better if its true) is filming it soon?
    I don't recall having heard anything precise so far.

D-syfer wrote:

A Friday Knight Gift from Bradley here.

I don't know if this is spoilerish so I put it here.

I added it to my last post last night, I think that to be in the safe sife we'll think of it as a cast spoiler.

merlinholly

[137]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 1

Hi! i'm merlin holly and ive just joined, i'm a hige merlin fan and especially when it comes to arthur and gwen! i only just started watching it at the end of the second series, but then i got all three series on DVD and have since been addicted. I love this forum spoilers thingy that you do and cant wait for more spoilers to start emerging and am sooo excited for series 4 to start!!!

i found out that they are doing a comic con in London on the 8th and 9th, so maybe more spoilers will be released then.

thank you, merlinholly xxx

boom-moo

[138]Apr 5, 2011
    Hello merlinholly and welcome aboard

Keep an eye on the first page of the spoilers thread where the new spoilers get listed; sometimes discussions buries them fast. Feel free to contribute with whatever you come across but must importantly, have fun around!

Not a big spoiler at all but hey: Arthur's sword at rest here
    Edited on 04/05/2011 12:16pm

merlinholly

[139]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 1

Thanks-i'll make sure i do!

rtms

[140]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 8

New spoilers from the KAPOW Comic Con:

The OT4 plus Johnny Capps were at Kapow! comic con and some season 4 spoilers are now out.

-We will have yet another one year jump between season 3 and 4

-No magic reveal of course -

Old news but Morgause will return, but was originally slated to die

-Morgana gets another costume change

- Agravaine is Yagrine's brother, not Uther's which makes it even more interesting

-MOST IMPORTANT: THE SHOW WILL SUPPOSEDLY GET MUCH DARKER!

Not sure about that last detail I mean how far can they go and keep it a kids show and the ratings. It would be nice to know what percentage of the ratings are families and what are the older crowd.

Sources 1, 2, 3

Edited on 04/11/2011 9:58pm