Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 5 spoilers thread

PendragonLady

[2122]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 4

boom-moo wrote:
    5x12 will air on December 22nd Source and 5x13 on December 24th Source.

Ooh ... it's going to be so hard for me to wait until the 26th to watch 5x13!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IceDog96

[2123]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 2

"Also, I just read an interview with Katie on DS which kinda makes me think Morgana dies... " I think she must do... what was it, 'the Prophets didn't lie' or something like that. Weren't seers sometimes referred to as prophets in the olden days - Morgana's dream in 4x01/02 I don't think she's past redemption though, she was trapped in a well to protect this dragon that she'd only just met, while there the Sarrum implied that he raped her... and it's not just the Dochraid that thinks Morgana is right, the fact that Alator is a magical fugitive because of what happened when he went against her makes me think that she has numerous supporters - the Dochraid probably doesn't like Merlin because of what happened with the Disir - he had the chance to bring magic back to Camelot - he didn't have to say anything about himself and he ruined it! The Disir are the direct speakers/communicators with the triple goddess, which is the head of the old religion and Merlin went directly against what she wished because of a vision that didn't even show Arthur dying when Mordred had nothing but prove himself loyal - almost getting himself killed. It's like what happened with Morgana all over again, he never told her that he/she had magic which meant that Uther sent out the Druids to massacre them to get her back. On her birthday she heard that Uther was her Father and that 'I never told her, for Arthur's sake' when she confronted him about it, he pretended that it was nothing... She definitely felt something about Uther's death, but she brushed over it. Similarly to how she turned on Tauren when she realised that killing Uther wouldn't change anything. Morgana has done many things, but only what she believed was ultimately right - although, yes, they were VERY harsh methods for getting the people to yeild.

Edited on 12/04/2012 11:38am

boom-moo

[2124]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 75
    IceDog96 wrote:

while there the Sarrum implied that he raped her...

Oh my, I didn't get that impression.

I don't measure her redemption qualities by the amount of supporters she might have but by the lengths she's gone to to make her claim a reality. I was quite surprised when I heard Arthur say that he hated her, although he totally has his reasons to do so, which sounded like a hint to me. And going with the spoilers, she remains hateful and revengeful until the very end so I don't see much room for redemption.
    Edited on 12/04/2012 11:51am

yafu2

[2125]Dec 4, 2012

IceDog96 wrote:

" while there the Sarrum implied that he raped her... "

Whoa... I just watched that part again and that is not implied anywhere that I can find. I don't think TPTB would even brush up light against such a thing even accidentally.

RoundPinkSpider

[2126]Dec 4, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    I don't measure her redemption qualities by the amount of supporters she might have but by the lengths she's gone to to make her claim a reality. I was quite surprised when I heard Arthur say that he hated her, although he totally has his reasons to do so, which sounded like a hint to me. And going with the spoilers, she remains hateful and revengeful until the very end so I don't see much room for redemption.

I'd be just a little disappointed with that. The fact that she clearly still had it in her to love Aithusa makes me feel like she should turn a corner right before the end, when she sees what her hate has bought her. Her visions of the battle still make me wonder if she might feel some horror at what she's done before she dies.

With the short time remaining... yeah, I can't really see Morgana surviving. Maybe Mordred will kill her, too. With what happened in her vision, it certainly doesn't seem likely that Merlin will be responsible.

IceDog96

[2127]Dec 4, 2012

A lot of comments on the Youtube clips have suggested it, saying that's why Sarrum said at least something good came out of it - before giving quite a creepy smile.

But yeah, I agree, she's just proved her love for something and they kill her while, like Boom-Moo pointed out, she's the hated villain. Grr! She was passionate in her 'good' endeavours as well, but all the characters seem to choose to forget the fact that she's got the exact same determination; she killed to protect the King - although only Uther knew that, she was willing to fight for Merlin when she thought that they had been poisoned... she just never thought that she'd have to kill in the manner that she did back then, plus, Merlin's proven himself to be pretty ruthless - Agravaine, the Dochraid, the amount of Knights he'd leave behind to save Arthur, it's not just what the characters do, I think it's also what they DON'T do.

Sorry for the rant, Team Morgana taking over. *sheepish smile*

Edited on 12/04/2012 1:26pm
    Edited 2 total times.

zeencat

[2128]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 10
    yafu2 wrote:

IceDog96 wrote:

" while there the Sarrum implied that he raped her... "

Whoa... I just watched that part again and that is not implied anywhere that I can find. I don't think TPTB would even brush up light against such a thing even accidentally.

I can't say anything like this was ever implied. I think you just have a rather vivid imagination or maybe just read into things a little too much.

Besides Merlin is a BBC tea time family show not in a million years would that ever be implied in Merlin. Not once have they even mentioned sex never mind rape. I can imagine the uproar from the general public if this happened. It would only take a few viewer compliant s before ofcom (tv version of anyway) would call for an investigation.

Connor91

[2129]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 6

boom-moo wrote:
    I think that she dies indeed, she is way past redemption. And I think that Mordred joins her.
    I think she'll have some kind of redemption 'moment', sort of like Darth Vader at the end of Star Wars, but I'm pretty sure she will die. She said her last scene involved special effects so I imagine her last action is using magic for good or something, possibly helping Arthur or Merlin or something. I think that would complete her arc, however as far as the BBC goes etc. I'm pretty sure the writers will make her 'pay' for the suffering she has caused etc. so I imagine she will be killed off.

Also, in the interview I read Katie says something like there being an 'end' for the all the characters and talks about how she is able to put a 'full stop' at the end of Morgana's story. Also her answer about the movies implies that Morgana would be involved more so in the past than in the future.

Edited on 12/04/2012 4:26pm

JanetteCassar

[2130]Dec 5, 2012
    • level: 6

boom-moo wrote:
    JanetteCassar wrote:

hehe sometimes reviewers confuse me totally... so one of them is saying that Arwen are all lovey-dovey and making up for lost time, and Said on SpoilerTV is saying that they only have one scene together and that it is nothing much... boh...

I don't think they contradict each other. Arthur and Gwen might have just one scene together but it serves to show how they are all lovey-dovey and making up for the time lost. My guess Arthur is making sure that Gwen rests and has breakfast in bed and tsk-tsks Merlin for forgetting the flowers he ordered to bring. Sandi might not have it much because there's no kiss but it doesn't mean that it might not be meaningful and beautiful and quite telling of their status at the time being.

of course... you are probably right as usual hehe let's just wait and see

boom-moo

[2131]Dec 5, 2012
    5X12 promo pics here.

The featured guest star is Peter Guinness playing Ari.

"James also agreed that delaying the reveal of Merlin's magic, something that has long frustrated fans of the series, was necessary because "Arthur had to be in a place, personally, where he was ready to receive the information without reacting negatively to Merlin. It's never been about lying to a friend. It's been about the safety of Merlin" Source.

Edited on 12/05/2012 4:39am
    Edited 2 total times.

MuadhAbdulHam

[2132]Dec 5, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    5X12 promo pics here. The featured guest star is Peter Guinness playing Ari.

_______________ "James also agreed that delaying the reveal of Merlin's magic, something that has long frustrated fans of the series, was necessary because "Arthur had to be in a place, personally, where he was ready to receive the information without reacting negatively to Merlin. It's never been about lying to a friend. It's been about the safety of Merlin" Source.

i cant access the photos.

dinamo

[2133]Dec 5, 2012
    • level: 3

Weirdly I could see Mordreds turn to Morgana's side causing her to turn away from him. She might finally be able to see how much damage she has done to herself through all her hate and all the pain in because of it. She clearly cares for Mordred and although she wants him on her side I doubt she wants him on her side because he's lost someone he loves and is broken inside.He remembers her for the kindness she showed him maybe she'll remember him for the innocence he had and the kindness he showed her and find herself questing what he has become and by extension herself. Maybe she'll see what all this fighting and pain has done to everyone on both sides and do something that isn't necessarily good but sort of redemptive in the sense that it leads to the end of all this fighting and the people left can move on to something better.

Also I could see Aithusa involved perhaps showing her how damaged she is. Aithusa and Morgana clearly care for one another and Aithusa maybe talks to her in the end and Morgana sees that all the pain she's been though and all the loss no matter what happens its not going to make her feel better she'll never get away from all thats happened and maybe dying after doing something moderatly good would be the best end for her to finally get some peace and maybe be with Morgause again.

boom-moo

[2134]Dec 5, 2012
    MuadhAbdulHam wrote:

i cant access the photos.

I'm sorry but it works for me. Anyone else having the same problem?

You aren't missing much, anyway. There are just 4 shots: one of Morgana and 3 of Ari. The only interesting one is this where Ari is forced to kneel down while being held by two men in dark warrior clothes (the kind of clothes that point to them as being "baddies"). We don't see the faces of those who hold him or who is he kneeling down to.

There's this theory around that he might be Eira's father and that Morgana and Mordred threaten to kill him unless Eira does as ordered: romance Gwaine into giving her inside Camelot info.

5x10 review here:

Morgana is desperate to know Emrys’ true identity...

We’re definitely moving into the endgame with this episode. Merlin, Morgana, Arthur, Mordred… even the dragon, all make deductions or learn information which puts pieces in place for the final battle that we now know will be fought in three weeks’ time.

There’s still an interesting dichotomy within the series: we hear about the age that is still to come when magic will be freely acknowledged, yet at the same time there’s this air of doom and gloom that Arthur will meet his end (as shown in the vision at the start of this year.) There are ways that the two can co-exist, and hopefully that’s the route that has been chosen.

Again, the concentration this week is firmly on Merlin: the hunt for Emrys is the focus of the episode, and Merlin has to take some chances that he is advised against. There’s an interesting upturn of the usual relationship between him and Gaius, and Mordred is definitely playing his own long game.

There’s a certain amount of light leavening" an Arthur/Gwen/Merlin gag that I suspect will be the last that we see of that sort" but things are getting progressively darker.

Verdict: A tense episode which sets up the final chapters. 7/10

Edited on 12/05/2012 6:27am
    Edited 2 total times.

taperoo

[2135]Dec 5, 2012

boom-moo wrote:

Oh my, I didn't get that impression. I don't measure her redemption qualities by the amount of supporters she might have but by the lengths she's gone to to make her claim a reality. I was quite surprised when I heard Arthur say that he hated her, although he totally has his reasons to do so, which sounded like a hint to me. And going with the spoilers, she remains hateful and revengeful until the very end so I don't see much room for redemption.

I think that was left to the viewers imagination to figure out what he meant. As for Morgana ? If she does redeem herself, I tend to think it will be at the cost of her own life. Otherwise I think Morgana will be gravely wounded on the battlefield, at which point she begs Merlin for help. He points out it's her own fault and lets her die. Cruel ? Probably but I'm guessing Merlin will show his mettle in the last 2 episodes, no more dithering. Just decisive action. For good or ill. I just hope after all the hints and glimpses of Merlin's power, he's allowed to unleash it fully in the final episodes.

MuadhAbdulHam

[2136]Dec 5, 2012
    it would be nice if old merlin beats morgana transform into young merlin just before he kills her. and then kills her. its unlikely that they'll do that.

RoundPinkSpider

[2137]Dec 5, 2012

MuadhAbdulHam wrote:
    it would be nice if old merlin beats morgana transform into young merlin just before he kills her. and then kills her. its unlikely that they'll do that.

If her vision was accurate, I think it's unlikely that Merlin will kill Morgana at all, unless it's a mercy killing. I think somebody else will get her. That's the trouble with being treacherous: sooner or later, someone you trust betrays you.

Edited on 12/05/2012 9:35am

boom-moo

[2138]Dec 5, 2012
    Some theories about the end here.

RoundPinkSpider

[2139]Dec 5, 2012

boom-moo wrote:

Yea! The forum's back!

I read those theories, and I love the one about Arthur 2.0. I don't believe it, mind you... I don't think it goes with the spoilers we've been seeing. But I do love it.

------------------------------

Merlin ends up in a very bad way

The Great Dragon has some sad news for Merlin

"What will I do without you…?"

"Do not fear, Merlin. I have ***** *****. Our ****** journey continues"

Is the Great Dragon going to die? Is he going to give up his life to save Merlin?

------------------------

Merlin is given something of major importance

"Guard it carefully. It will help you in the dark days to come"

The Cup of Life, maybe?

-------------------------------

"Why would she attack her own? It makes no sense"

"I thought Morgana was the only High Priestess left?"

Could Finna be a Priestess, too? Or is Arthur talking about Alator?

Violamagic

[2140]Dec 5, 2012
    RoundPinkSpider wrote:

boom-moo wrote:

Yea! The forum's back!

I read those theories, and I love the one about Arthur 2.0. I don't believe it, mind you... I don't think it goes with the spoilers we've been seeing. But I do love it.

------------------------------

Merlin ends up in a very bad way

The Great Dragon has some sad news for Merlin

"What will I do without you…?"

"Do not fear, Merlin. I have ***** *****. Our ****** journey continues"

Is the Great Dragon going to die? Is he going to give up his life to save Merlin?

------------------------

Merlin is given something of major importance

"Guard it carefully. It will help you in the dark days to come"

The Cup of Life, maybe?

-------------------------------

"Why would she attack her own? It makes no sense"

"I thought Morgana was the only High Priestess left?"

Could Finna be a Priestess, too? Or is Arthur talking about Alator?

Could you give a link where these hints are? Thanks!

RoundPinkSpider

[2141]Dec 5, 2012

Violamagic wrote:
    Could you give a link where these hints are? Thanks!

I'm sorry, I got them from Boom-Moo's post (the one before mine) right before the forum shut down. For some reason, when it came back up, that part of Boom-Moo's post was no longer there!

Boom-Moo, any chance you could re-post those?