TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 5 spoilers thread

legend-dreamer

[261]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 13

In regards to Mithian, she was a princess in 4x11, so is it possible she hasbecome a Queen? Or, it could be another misuse of titles as mentioned earlier. ("Lord" Bayard, "Lord" Godwyn, but they wear crowns like Kings) Or, is she her father/mother's representative if there is a meeting of the kingdoms?? Good point about the magic, it will be intriguing to see how/if that factor affects the negotiations. Concessions will definitely need to be made by all involved, including Arthur on the issue of magic, in order for those with magic to live without fear.

Pierrefonds filming starts in a couple more weeks, it will be interesting to see what reports are received during that filming block

Edited on 06/03/2012 11:50am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[262]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 75
    I think Mithian is the ruler of her land and that there is no father in the picture. Otherwise I find it hard to believe that she would show up at Camelot on her own to propose herself as suit to marry Arthur. It strikes me as too 'modern'.

She might not need to be a Queen to rule her land, or it might just be as you point out TPTB being funny with titles.

Clobo31

[263]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 3
    boom-moo wrote:

Gwaine and Merlin are still pals because at one point Merlin gets told off by Arthur and Gwaine pats his shoulder after all the other knights walk by him.

Just a bit confused about this spoiler, why would Gwaine and Merlin not be friends? Does something happen between them?

boom-moo

[264]Jun 5, 2012
    Clobo31 wrote:
    Just a bit confused about this spoiler, why would Gwaine and Merlin not be friends? Does something happen between them?
    I think it refers to the fact that in season 4 they weren't as close as in season 3 which was resented by many fans.

June 7th, filming at Caerphilly Castle Source.

Report and a picture from the filming in Puzzlewood on May 31st here:

-Apparently Percival had some sort of wound on one arm.

June 12th, filming in a Welsh forest near Castle Coch Source. Heading for France on June 13th Source. Dale McCready is to join them Source.
    Pics here, here and here.

The wolves are magical, apparently Source.

Pierrefonds June 15th:
    -Merlin and Mordred filmed a scene in the Great Hall Source (yavannauk's protected twitter account).
    -Bradley, Angel, Rupert, Adetomiwa and Richard were also around Source.

Edited on 06/15/2012 7:14am
    Edited 6 total times.

BrightlyLit

[265]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 5

Finally a shot of a Queen Gwen Season 5 costume here.

Edited on 06/15/2012 12:40pm

boom-moo

[266]Jun 15, 2012
    -June 15th report here.
    -June 15th pics here thanks to yavannauk.
    -June 15th pics here (and subsequent 4) thanks to Elodie.
    -June 15th pic here thanks to Solene Dillot.

Pierrefonds June 15th:
    -Mordred was wearing chainmail Source.
    -Some filming occurred at the drawbridge and courtyard Source.
    Edited on 06/15/2012 6:24pm
    Edited 2 total times.

illegalferret

[267]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 25

BrightlyLit wrote:

Finally a shot of a Queen Gwen Season 5 costume here.

That dress is amazing!

boom-moo

[268]Jun 16, 2012
    Check yavannauk's pics, Sarah. You can see more of Gwen there

My thoughts so far: I'd say that Mordred is being bestowed a knighthood. We know from earlier reports that he is a knight of Camelot. Now, the whole scene at the Great Hall with everyone attending (including a lot of random Camelot knights), Gwen with hair jewels and whatnot (knowing Gwen I'd say that she doesn't wear those on a daily basis, even though they would fit her current station and she might after all)... it looks like some sort of ceremony to me. Since this must belong to the first block my guess is that Mordred makes something big for Camelot (maybe getting in the way of one of Morgana's attempts on Arthur's life?) and hence he is granted a knighthood.

Now why would he do that and accept the knighthood is a different story. Maybe he is in cahoots with Morgana and the whole thing is but part of grander scheme. Or maybe not. Both Arthur and Morgana saved his life so I guess he might feel indebted to both. He hates Merlin though... interesting way to start the season, I'd say. That assuming that I have guessed anything at all right

illegalferret

[269]Jun 16, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    Check yavannauk's pics, Sarah. You can see more of Gwen there

Have done And now all i want is that dress She deserves it though after years of watch Morgana getting the best costumes!

I was thinking (dangerous i know) but does Arthur know that Mordred is Mordred? Because if he's knighting a known druid, surely it's showing his growing acceptance of magic and therefore making it more likely/more acceptable for Merlin to be revealed.

boom-moo

[270]Jun 16, 2012
    That's a very interesting point!

Maybe neither Arthur nor Merlin know that he is Mordred. Or maybe it's just Arthur who doesn't know and Merlin doesn't warn him so Mordred doesn't reveal Merlin's secret. It'd be a lot like series 4 though: Merlin knowing that's there an inside baddie and not being able to tell Arthur for one reason or the other, having to save the day all the time.

But do all druids have magic? Maybe Arthur knows that he is Mordred but thinks that he doesn't have the gift for magic. After all no one knows where he's been all this time. He can pretend he was raised stranded from the druids and hence wasn't passed on any of their knowledge.

-June 15th pics here and here thanks to Claude Pomel.

Edited on 06/16/2012 5:00am

illegalferret

[271]Jun 16, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    Maybe neither Arthur nor Merlin know that he is Mordred. Or maybe it's just Arthur who doesn't know and Merlin doesn't warn him so Mordred doesn't reveal Merlin's secret. It'd be a lot like series 4 though: Merlin knowing that's there an inside baddie and not being able to tell Arthur for one reason or the other, having to save the day all the time.

I really hope that's not the case! If he is a double agent (working for Morgana) i hope it's not revealed to Merlin or Arthur until say the series finale. And if possible (this might be asking too much) i hope they keep which side he's working for hidden from the public too!

boom-moo wrote:
    But do all druids have magic? Maybe Arthur knows that he is Mordred but thinks that he doesn't have the gift for magic. After all no one knows where he's been all this time. He can pretend he was raised stranded from the druids and hence wasn't passed on any of their knowledge.

Didn't Mordred do magic as he tried to evade capture? Plus Merlin knows he's magical. I always thought that all druids were magical, that's why Uther tried to wipe them out, then again Arthur can be a bit thick and could probably be easily conned into thinking Mordred is non-magical. Put i have my fingers crossed the Arthur knows Mordred is magical and this will lead to Merlin's secret coming out.

boom-moo

[272]Jun 16, 2012
    Yes, Merlin has seen Mordred do magic but Arthur hasn't. My point is that as you say, Arthur can be easily tricked into thinking that Mordred doesn't have any magic or at least hasn't been taught how to use it, having been stranded from the Druids since 2x03.

However, after you pointed it out, I'm more inclined to believe now that Mordred is hiding his real identity and hence being bestowed the knighthood. I totally see Merlin and Gaius slowly figuring it out as the series progresses though... same old

illegalferret

[273]Jun 16, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    Yes, Merlin has seen Mordred do magic but Arthur hasn't. My point is that as you say, Arthur can be easily tricked into thinking that Mordred doesn't have any magic or at least hasn't been taught how to use it, having been stranded from the Druids since 2x03. However, after you pointed it out, I'm more inclined to believe now that Mordred is hiding his real identity and hence being bestowed the knighthood. I totally see Merlin and Gaius slowly figuring it out as the series progresses though... same old

I could live with them slowly figuring out Mordred's evil plans, providing it takes them longer than the 1 episode like it did with Agravaine!

legend-dreamer

[274]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 13

I agree with Sarah, it would be nice if we aren't shown where Mordred's true allegiance is by the end of the first episode. I don't know if I would like the revelation to come in the last two episodes again (too repetetive from the last two series). The hard part with Mordred is that we (the viewers) know the prophecy and what is to happen in the future.

Would Mordred go by his own name or would he invent a new one in order to infiltrate Camelot?(For those who know the acting spoiler it would be obvious right away, but for viewers who don't know it could create a surprise when it is revealed.) It's an extreme stretch, I know.

Along with everyone else I love Gwen's new dress. It does look like it would be her more formal gown for special occasions, can't wait to see more of her queenly attire.

Scop

[275]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 4

Yep, great dress. I'm still hoping Mordred dosen't know which side he's on so we get a moral delema that both Merlin and Mordred are struggling with together.

boom-moo

[276]Jun 16, 2012
    June 14th report and pics here and here thanks to lornaenseries.
    -Two thrones were set up in the Great Hall.
    -The Round Table was to be brought in as well.
    Edited on 06/16/2012 12:31pm

PendragonLady

[277]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 4

All these little tidbits are making me anxious for the official trailer. Any word yet as to when it will be released?

Mordred a knight? Hmm... mixed feelings about this.

Is Series 6 still possible or will "Merlin" end with Series 5?

boom-moo

[278]Jun 16, 2012
    No word about either, we never get a heads up about when official trailers are released (usually during panels at conventions and the like so we'll have to wait for that). And there hasn't been any official statement about the continuation of the show so all it's possible.

Questions at the Q&A, please. Thanks

FanMerlin

[279]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 2
    Sorry but ...Is true that on saturday and sunday there aren't shooting?

boom-moo

[280]Jun 16, 2012
    Apparently so.

Only spoilers here. Questions at the Q&A please, thank you.

-June 16th report and pics here and here thanks to sir-toast-a-lot and myon_chocolat.

Lovely round table, isn't it?

Edited on 06/17/2012 6:59am