Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 5 spoilers thread

RoundPinkSpider

[2622]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 4

Wow. Those are some pretty amazing spoilers.

"In robbing him of his magic you have lost yourself ** ****" ----> to evil? No, I think "an ally" might be right, BM. Maybe the ally is Aithusa?

"We can only be grateful she failed" Could this be someone talking about Morgana having failed to kill Merlin?

"Let her go, she is not your enemy, I am" This one totally has me puzzled.

"Those are not the values that Camelot was built on" Well, that's obviously Arthur.

"A ****** worthy of my proudest warrior" ---> weapon? Could this be Morgana, about the dragon-forged sword?

"I always thought you were the ******* *** I ever met. Guess I was wrong" ---> bravest man? Oh, ouch! I think this is the severe left turn: Arthur finds out Merlin isn't going to the battle with them, and he gets nasty.

"If I find what I'm looking for I will perfectly safe, I promise you" Merlin to Gwaine, maybe?

"Then there is nothing more to be said, except that whatever it is I wish him luck" Arthur, about Merlin going off to find something (his magic)

"I have no reason to go on, the battle is already over, Morgana has won" Probably Merlin, wanting to give up after losing his magic.

"Move towards the light, your destiny awaits" *jaw drops* Um... Balinor? Wel, as long as the light isn't an oncoming lorry...

Trailer Teaser "I am a ********, I **** *****" ---> I am a sorcerer, I have magic? I know we all hope it's Arthur, but this is probably to Gwaine or Guinevere

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2623]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 75
    PenguinSuzie wrote:
    We've gotten so used to Merlin managing to lie/hide it when anything happens to make Arthur question things. It would be surprising if this time he really told him instead of diverting the conversation like we'd expect.
    Have you seen the trailer teaser in my previous post? I think it's gonna be ep 13.

"In robbing him of his magic you have lost yourself ** ****" ----> to evil? No, I think "an ally" might be right, BM. Maybe the ally is Aithusa?

---> It was my first thought but I can't think of a proper context for it.

"We can only be grateful she failed" Could this be someone talking about Morgana having failed to kill Merlin?

---> Gaius to Merlin?

"Let her go, she is not your enemy, I am" This one totally has me puzzled.

---> Mordred to Merlin? Unless the "her" is Aithusa, then Morgana to Merlin?

"A ****** worthy of my proudest warrior" ---> weapon? Could this be Morgana, about the dragon-forged sword?

---> I think so

"I always thought you were the ******* *** I ever met. Guess I was wrong" ---> bravest man? Oh, ouch! I think this is the severe left turn: Arthur finds out Merlin isn't going to the battle with them, and he gets nasty.

---> Oh my

"Move towards the light, your destiny awaits" *jaw drops* Um... Balinor? Wel, as long as the light isn't an oncoming lorry...

---> Lol I agree it sounds like Balinor.
    Edited on 12/18/2012 5:35pm

PendragonLady

[2624]Dec 18, 2012

BM, the teasers link isn't working for me.

If that teaser line for DOTD II is indeed Merlin revealing his magic to Arthur, then I will be thrilled.

Edited on 12/18/2012 5:29pm

JJuna

[2625]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 11

In the post from star89 at DS, she only said the bit in bold was false. Doesn't that imply that Merlin will only tell Arthur as he lays dying? So if there is a reveal in episode 12, it must be to someone else?

boom-moo

[2626]Dec 18, 2012
    PendragonLady wrote:

BM, the teasers link isn't working for me.

If that teaser line for DOTD II is indeed Merlin revealing his magic to Arthur, then I will be thrilled.

Sorry, fixed it, here.

JJuna wrote:

In the post from star89 at DS, she only said the bit in bold was false. Doesn't that imply that Merlin will only tell Arthur as he lays dying? So if there is a reveal in episode 12, it must be to someone else?

I personally don't think that there's a reveal in ep 12.
    Edited on 12/18/2012 5:40pm

Hiflying

[2627]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 3
    boom-moo wrote:
    "One major complaint has been thrown at this series ever since the concept was first revealed; maybe" just maybe that is going to be remedied in the final episode. Personally, I’m more hopeful about that now than I was before seeing this…" I think this might be linked with "there’s one particular scene between Arthur and Merlin which you really expect to go one way, and then takes a severe left turn."

What if it's Arthur finally suspects Merlin has magic and won't let him come with him? I know I've been like "My god Arthur, are you blind!" on more than one occasion. It'd be ironic since Merlin looses his magic. I did think it was weird last episode how cold Arthur was to Merlin when he tried to talk to him about Kara and there have been things like Arthur asking Merlin how he knows things and watching him from the window in ep 9. I've never been a fan of the Arthur's known from the begining theory but I like the thought of him suspecting now. My thoughts on the review:

There are a lot of spoilers out there regarding these final two episodes of Merlin, and all that I’ll say on the subject of them in this review is that “context is everything”. Brief glimpses can give an entirely wrong impression (look at the fuss over the first of the Star Trek Into Darkness trailers which sent reviewers barking up the wrong tree completely). I hope that means it's not as bad as everyone thinks. =)

"If you’ve stuck with Merlin this far" and it doesn’t really matter whether you’re doing it rejoicing at the updated version, or with clenched fists at the wasted potential" then you will want to see this episode." What does that mean? Is that a good thing?

"There’s more humour than I anticipated, given the subject matter" I'm glad =) I love the humour in this show.

"Colin Morgan has to show a very different side to Merlin in this story: he’s more vulnerable than he’s ever been before, and even some of the skills that Merlin has acquired at his lord’s side seem to desert him just when he may need them most." Could be about him loosing his magic but I don't know why they wouldn't say it out right since it's in the promo.

"But he can also rely on the stupidity of others to assist him" one of his enemies makes an incredibly fundamental mistake (think Scott Evil’s complaint in the first Austin Powers movie)." Probably when he's trapped in the cave. "There’s a nice contrast between Bradley James’ Arthur and Katie McGrath’s Morgana: one becomes more regal, more like a monarch as the episode unfolds; the other… not so much." "I want him dead!"lol =)

Over all it seems like it's going to be good.

boom-moo

[2628]Dec 18, 2012
    Hiflying wrote:
    "If you’ve stuck with Merlin this far" and it doesn’t really matter whether you’re doing it rejoicing at the updated version, or with clenched fists at the wasted potential" then you will want to see this episode." What does that mean? Is that a good thing?
    I think so, I read it as good for those who want a reveal.

Hiflying wrote:
    "Colin Morgan has to show a very different side to Merlin in this story: he’s more vulnerable than he’s ever been before, and even some of the skills that Merlin has acquired at his lord’s side seem to desert him just when he may need them most." Could be about him loosing his magic but I don't know why they wouldn't say it out right since it's in the promo.
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but isn't "his lord" Arthur? He has learnt a lot about magic since he arrived to Camelot but I'd say that's a skill he's learnt at Gaius' side. I can't think of a skill he's learnt with Arthur that he could forget when he needs it most though other than swordfighting (and Merlin is a mediocre swordifghter at best).

JJuna

[2629]Dec 18, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    JJuna wrote:

I am confused now. The trailer teaser seems most likely to be 'I am a sorcerer. I have magic'. Who else could that be? Mordred perhaps?

boom-moo

[2630]Dec 18, 2012
    JJuna wrote:

boom-moo wrote:
    JJuna wrote:

I am confused now. The trailer teaser seems most likely to be 'I am a sorcerer. I have magic'. Who else could that be? Mordred perhaps?

The trailer teaser belongs to ep 13

PendragonLady

[2631]Dec 18, 2012

JJuna, that teaser line is from Part II (Episode 13), not Part I.

BM beat me to it.Wink

Edited on 12/18/2012 5:48pm

JJuna

[2632]Dec 18, 2012

Ah, ok. I misread it. Thanks

Hiflying

[2633]Dec 18, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but isn't "his lord" Arthur? He has learnt a lot about magic since he arrived to Camelot but I'd say that's a skill he's learnt at Gaius' side. I can't think of a skill he's learnt with Arthur that he could forget when he needs it most though other than swordfighting (and Merlin is a mediocre swordifghter at best).

I don't see how swordmanship can fail him but if it's not magic that must be it, unless he doesn't polish Arthur's armour right =) “I always thought you were the ******* *** I ever met. Guess I was wrong” ---> bravest man? If this is the Merlin/Arthur scene then my guess is wrong but I like this better. Most likely, Merlin refuses to go with him because he wants to go to the crystal cave to get his power back. “Then there is nothing more to be said, except that whatever it is I wish him luck” Arthur to Gaius after Gaius gives him some explaination about why Merlin won't go with him? Wait someone already said that =)

PenguinSuzie

[2634]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 10

boom-moo wrote:
    Have you seen the trailer teaser in my previous post? I think it's gonna be ep 13.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking of. I just mean that even if we suspect or even find out it's going to happen; I think we'll still be surprised to hear Merlin confess instead of making up some excuse or something like he usually does. In that moment we would know he was going to say it but I think a part of me would still half expect him to lie his way out. It's such a huge thing. These spoilers and teasers are making me excited for the two part finale .

Edited on 12/18/2012 7:04pm

steve182010

[2635]Dec 18, 2012
    m really surprised i didnt think we would have any teasers but im happy there is 5x12 teasers here:

“In robbing him of his magic you have lost yourself ** ****” ----> to evil?

“We can only be grateful she failed”

“Let her go, she is not your enemy, I am”

“Those are not the values that Camelot was built on”

“A ****** worthy of my proudest warrior” ---> weapon?

“I always thought you were the ******* *** I ever met. Guess I was wrong” ---> bravest man?

“If I find what I’m looking for I will perfectly safe, I promise you”

“Then there is nothing more to be said, except that whatever it is I wish him luck”

“I have no reason to go on, the battle is already over, Morgana has won”

“Move towards the light, your destiny awaits”

Trailer Teaser

“I am a ********, I **** *****” ---> I am a sorcerer, I have magic? i am really hoping the trailer teaser is that it has to be because i cant think of what it could be so im wondering then if mordred dies at end of ep 12 or because he is listed in ep in the first 5 mins or so then he will die but im hoping if the trailer teaser is that then the magic reveal would last longer then 5 mins and also if it is its is kind of interesting they would have it in the trailer and there are two reasons i can think it is in the trailer either he is gonna be saying it to someone else other then arthur or because ep 13 is the last and they of course will want alot of viewers for the episode especially since x factor's finished that by showing him saying to arthur he has magic will get people more excited and want to tune in even more.

yafu2

[2636]Dec 18, 2012

"In robbing him of his magic you have lost yourself ** ****" to fate | to evil

"We can only be grateful she failed" Gaius to Merlin after he gets his magic back and Arthur is still alive?

"Let her go, she is not your enemy, I am" About Eira?

"Those are not the values that Camelot was built on" Arthur or Gwen to Arthur

"A ****** worthy of my proudest warrior" ---> weapon?

"I always thought you were the ******* *** I ever met. Guess I was wrong" biggest ass | bravest man

"If I find what I'm looking for I will perfectly safe, I promise you" Merlin to Gwaine or Arthur

"Then there is nothing more to be said, except that whatever it is I wish him luck" Arthur about Mordred

"I have no reason to go on, the battle is already over, Morgana has won" Merlin to Gaius when he loses his magic.

"Move towards the light, your destiny awaits" Balinor to Merlin?

Trailer Teaser "I am a ********, I **** *****" ---> I am a sorcerer, I have magic?

I really doubt they will have Merlin saying this in the teaser trailer.. but I'm hopeful. Though it will likely be to Gwaine if it is him. Other than that it could also be Mordred to Arthur as they meet on the battlefield.

If I remember correctly Scott Evil's complaint that is being referred to in the spoiler free review was that his father always fails in his evil plots because he never kills him when he has the chance and he's a idiot.

Edited on 12/18/2012 7:37pm
    Edited 5 total times.

PenguinSuzie

[2637]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 10
    yafu2 wrote:
    "I always thought you were the ******* *** I ever met. Guess I was wrong" biggest ass | bravest man
    I don't know why and it would be upsetting but I want this to be 'bravest man' and Arthur's reaction to Merlin not going to the battle with him.

RoundPinkSpider

[2638]Dec 18, 2012

PenguinSuzie wrote:
    yafu2 wrote:
    I don't know why and it would be upsetting but I want this to be 'bravest man' and Arthur's reaction to Merlin not going to the battle with him.

I do, too, even though it would be incredibly painful. They said this episode focuses on Merlin's vulnerability. Merlin's greatest vulnerability isn't his magic; it's his devotion to Arthur. Having Arthur say that to him would really heighten the tension, and that's what they need to drive this forward.

Here's another crazy solution for the Arthur dies/Golden Age/Once and Future King problem:

Leon already pledged his loyalty to Gwen if Arthur dies. What if, after taking Arthur to Avalon because of his mortal wound, Merlin uses magic to make Leon look like Arthur? We end up with "Arthur" ruling for another 20-30 years, Merlin and Gwen at his side. We get the golden age of peace. All the while "Arthur" has his knights looking for the Cup of Life, in hopes that they can restore the REAL Arthur (for the "future king" part).

Why would Leon and Gwen do such a thing? Camelot and the knights might follow Gwen's leadership, if Leon backs her up, but the other kingdoms probably wouldn't. Arthur's dream would die. So Gwen and Leon might do it to preserve the peace that was Arthur's dream.

I know, crazy. But not any crazier than making Merlin and Arthur the same age, and then having Merlin use the old man as a disguise.

Edited on 12/18/2012 7:54pm

JanetteCassar

[2639]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 6

hints from Cultfix here:

* There's a surprising return of an old character

* "Morgana commands an army of thousands"

* Merlin getting drunk is the worst mistake he'll ever make

* "It ******* the ***** of others, ******** them of ***** *****"

* Someone really shouldn't trust blondes

* "I knew you'd discover my secret in the end"

* There's a long awaited face off, but it's cut short

* "Nothing can survive its touch

* Merlin cries. Will you?

* "I hoped never to hear that name again"

Hiflying

[2640]Dec 19, 2012

* There's a surprising return of an old character

Balinor

* "Morgana commands an army of thousands"

Someone telling Arthur

* Merlin getting drunk is the worst mistake he'll ever make

Tavern Scene!

* "It ******* the ***** of others, ******** them of ***** *****"

Guessing: It something( I tried controls and commands but they're too long) the magic of others , removing (I tried stripping and releasing but they're too long) them of their magic

* Someone really shouldn't trust blondes

Gwaine about Eira

* "I knew you'd discover my secret in the end"

Merlin to Morgana

* There's a long awaited face off, but it's cut short

Merlin and Morgana

* "Nothing can survive its touch

?

* Merlin cries. Will you?

Because he meets Balinor again? or because he's trapped in the cave?

* "I hoped never to hear that name again" Morgana about Merlin when she finds out he's still alive?

boom-moo

[2641]Dec 19, 2012
    I know that this person has a legit source, pinch of salt anyway. Also, not everyone might reach the same conclusions out of the same facts.

(This is not speculation, it’s FACT from a very reliable source associated with the show who, as I’m sure you understand, I’m not prepared to reveal)

So to make a few things clear without spilling the beans entirely:

1. Don’t expect a happy ending for ANYONE. Seriously. By the end of the series everyone is either dead, alone or, at very best, has lost someone extremely close to them. It’s a complete tragedy all round and nothing is achieved.

2. Merlin himself is not destined to stay in Camelot beyond the end of the series. The spoilers that leaked about him still wandering around alone in the future are completely true.

3. There is a magic reveal, don’t fear, but not until it’s far too late. He’ll never get the true recognition that people want.