Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 5 spoilers thread

steve182010

[2902]Dec 24, 2012
    • level: 3
    i think this kinda tells us gwaine and percival will die but u never know
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2903]Dec 24, 2012
    • level: 75
    From Merlin Official twitter

Ok, so tonight we trend Thank You Merlin. Because it really isn't a goodbye - it just means this part of the story has come to a close.

From Alexander Vlahos twitter

I hope you all can enjoy the last ever #Merlin Ep tonight. Remember why you love the show. It's a great end, glad to have been a part of it.

chrisalanhazel

[2904]Dec 24, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    "Did you really think you could outwit me" Morgana to Gwaine and Percival Uh oh, bye bye knights? "I don't want you to change, I want you to always be you" Arthur to Merlin Ooh my.

It could be a face off between the patrol under Gwaine and Percival facing off Morgana but Emrys probably makes it there. Not sure if these knights will survive. I thought in the original legends Percival survives but not sure.

What Arthur says to Merlin seems like a goodby but also a 'see you later'. I am eager to watch the end but sad its going to be the last ever. Its been great following this show.

PendragonLady

[2905]Dec 24, 2012
    • level: 4

steve182010 wrote:

final teasers for tonight

"Bandages, I need bandages!" Gwen to people in the medical tent

"Let's just say he deserves our gratitude" Gaius to Gwen (as seen in the Sneak Peek)

"Three more patrols have returned from the white mountains my lady, there is no sign of him" Leon to Gwen

"He wanted me to give you this my lady" Gaius to Gwen

"The sorcerer in the battle, you knew who he was" Gwen to Gaius

"I was born to serve you Arthur. I'm proud of that and I wouldn't change a thing" Merlin to Arthur

"Did you really think you could outwit me" Morgana to Gwaine and Percival

"So you're not an idiot, that was another lie" Arthur to Merlin

"I don't want you to change, I want you to always be you" Arthur to Merlin

"This is no mortal blade. Like yours, it was forged in a dragon's breath" Merlin to Morgana

Yea!! About time!

yafu2

[2906]Dec 24, 2012
    • level: 4

steve182010 wrote:
    i think this kinda tells us gwaine and percival will die but u never know

I'm not positive but I think only Gwaine dies in the main knights.

Edited on 12/24/2012 7:31am
    Edited 2 total times.

BrightlyLit

[2907]Dec 24, 2012
    • level: 5

yafu2 wrote:

JanetteCassar wrote:

yafu2 wrote:
    When Sandi at Spoiler TV said a group of fans would likely hate it, I think she was most likely referring to Arwen fans. Merthur fans will likely be in heaven right up until the end.. Then I think everyone will be upset.

yepp that is what I am thinking as well... I've decided in fact to let Christmas an the New Year go by and then watch it. I don't want to ruin everything cause of un-considering producers.

They say Gwen has a big role in this episode too though and her destiny is surprising so I wouldn't rule out some nice Arthur Gwen scenes, but the episode is primarily focused on Merlin and Arthur's friendship and the magic reveal.

Well, I'm the biggest Arwen fan ever. The romance is what snagged me when I first watched and it's what's been keeping me interested. But it's not all I care about. I care about the whole Arthur and Merlin story. It's the core of the show and that doesn't bother me. I've watched their friendship grow and develop over the years, and while sometimes I've been bothered by too much silliness and how certain people have tried to twist it into something else, I think when it's handled properly it's awesome, as there have been some beautiful scenes between the two, and the one when Merlin said goodbye last episode, was done perfectly. If we see that in this coming last episode, I wouldn't want to miss that.

Merlin and how he relates to Arthur's destiny is what the series is all about. I want to see them work through this magic reveal as brothers and I want to appreciate it. I definitely don't want to miss it because of a lack of Arwen. Arwen will be there in spirit as they always are. There is room in Arthur's life for his brother of destiny as well as his wife and queen, who is more precious to him than anything. Both have been important, but the focus of the show is on the bromance and we should not begrudge them these final epic moments. I hope the "hold me" lines and others are done in the spirit of what the show is about and no one should have any trouble with it if they are. There is a very special bond between these two men. Gwen recognizes it and so should we who love her and the romance.

Me, I have appreciated the sweet loving, and intimate moments my favorite couple have shared this season, absence of a full blown mouth kiss notwithstanding. For me, their loving and intimate natural chemistry together has once again been a joy to watch. I'm not going to be sad for no Arwen in the next episode, but instead relish the beautiful last Arwen scene in the previous one. To quote someone at the A/G Fanpop club on the episode discussion thread, I'm glad she went with him and they could be together, I'm glad the two of them had a 'rest' before the battle, knowing that this might be the last time they would 'rest' together. Loved him carrying her to the bed and seeing them in the morning. Maybe an heir will be forthcoming from that "rest." Loved it that when Merlin did the telepath to Arthur's mind that the two of them were lying there peaceful together. I for one am thankful the writers/producers let her be there for that important moment. As an Arwen fan, I'm satisfied. Looking forward to seeing the epic conclusion to my favorite show.

MarisilviaBov

[2908]Dec 24, 2012
    Are moments and we will know how it will end Merlin.... I'm sorry that This site closes and was nice to me confront all of you

CindyC

[2909]Dec 24, 2012
    • level: 1

[QUOTE="

Well, I'm the biggest Arwen fan ever. The romance is what snagged me when I first watched and it's what's been keeping me interested. But it's not all I care about. I care about the whole Arthur and Merlin story. It's the core of the show and that doesn't bother me. I've watched their friendship grow and develop over the years, and while sometimes I've been bothered by too much silliness and how certain people have tried to twist it into something else, I think when it's handled properly it's awesome, as there have been some beautiful scenes between the two, and the one when Merlin said goodbye last episode, was done perfectly. If we see that in this coming last episode, I wouldn't want to miss that.

Merlin and how he relates to Arthur's destiny is what the series is all about. I want to see them work through this magic reveal as brothers and I want to appreciate it. I definitely don't want to miss it because of a lack of Arwen. Arwen will be there in spirit as they always are. There is room in Arthur's life for his brother of destiny as well as his wife and queen, who is more precious to him than anything. Both have been important, but the focus of the show is on the bromance and we should not begrudge them these final epic moments. I hope the "hold me" lines and others are done in the spirit of what the show is about and no one should have any trouble with it if they are. There is a very special bond between these two men. Gwen recognizes it and so should we who love her and the romance.

Me, I have appreciated the sweet loving, and intimate moments my favorite couple have shared this season, absence of a full blown mouth kiss notwithstanding. For me, their loving and intimate natural chemistry together has once again been a joy to watch. I'm not going to be sad for no Arwen in the next episode, but instead relish the beautiful last Arwen scene in the previous one. To quote someone at the A/G Fanpop club on the episode discussion thread, I'm glad she went with him and they could be together, I'm glad the two of them had a 'rest' before the battle, knowing that this might be the last time they would 'rest' together. Loved him carrying her to the bed and seeing them in the morning. Maybe an heir will be forthcoming from that "rest." Loved it that when Merlin did the telepath to Arthur's mind that the two of them were lying there peaceful together. I for one am thankful the writers/producers let her be there for that important moment. As an Arwen fan, I'm satisfied. Looking forward to seeing the epic conclusion to my favorite show.

[/QUOTE]

Very beautiful and elequently stated! I agree wholeheartedly.

augustine_s

[2910]Dec 24, 2012
    • level: 1

JanetteCassar wrote:

oh my god really??? how disgusting.... I can't bear to watch that... there goes my hope for a nice Arwen scene... its Arthur/Merlin instead... ewww...

The only thing disgusting around here is your reaction. Homophobic, much?

How did your response get past moderators?

And oh yeah, this show is about Merlin and Arthur and their destiny, so it's hardly any surprise it would be Merlin holding Arthur as he dies.

boom-moo

[2911]Dec 24, 2012
    Likewise, MarisilviaBov

JanetteCassar wrote:

oh my god really??? how disgusting.... I can't bear to watch that... there goes my hope for a nice Arwen scene... its Arthur/Merlin instead... ewww...

BrightlyLit wrote:

and while sometimes I've been bothered by too much silliness and how certain people have tried to twist it into something else, I think when it's handled properly it's awesome

Ok, regarding these two comments, everyone has a right to ship whatever they please and it should be respected by all. Likewise, everyone has a right to express their opinion as long as flaming words aren't used.

Please, let's try all to keep it cool. Thank you

steve182010

[2912]Dec 24, 2012
    first off im also an arwen fan and if this was called arthur there would of been more romance ad alot of kissing between arthur and gwen this season but it's called merlin so they have to focus it around merlin and arthur and there friendship and the next episode will be about if there friendship can overcome merlin's secret and i for one have love the arwen scenes this season. also i assume gwen will become queen of camelot and do what arthur did and also if she does find out about merlin she might actully allow people who wanna use there magic for good in camelot and gaius could help them out like he has with merlin because gaius has also played a massive part from day one because if it wasnt for gaius showing merlin the good side of magic then god knows where merlin would be now.

is merlin like the dochraid then because the dochraid is made of the earth or somthing like that and if merlin is then he is like her also i cant remember if they did but did they ever reveal how long she has been around .

also i think after arthur's death merlin wont use an ageing spelll but i think he will just slowly grow old but ti think he will just go around help people like him and also i think after the death he will only be known as emrys i dont think he will ever be known as merlin again because before balinor destiny part inthe cave he called merlin emrys so thats why i assume after tonights episode merlin will just call himself emrys and be emrys for the rest of his life.

boom-moo

[2913]Dec 24, 2012
    steve182010 wrote:
    is merlin like the dochraid then because the dochraid is made of the earth or somthing like that and if merlin is then he is like her also i cant remember if they did but did they ever reveal how long she has been around
    In 4x09 it is said that the Dochraid is one of the few people who remember the time of the Old Religion, but doesn't mean much since I guess that anytime before the Great Purge computes as such and the Dochraid surely looks older than some 30 years.

I think that the whole "being made of earth" and other references to nature are just a poetic way to say that they are creatures of magic.

steve182010

[2914]Dec 24, 2012
    ohh that actully does make sense since they even said that theres magic everywhere u look or im thinking of something else

boom-moo

[2915]Dec 24, 2012
    [Thread closed as the show is over]
    Edited on 12/24/2012 1:02pm