Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 5 spoilers thread

legend-dreamer

[381]Jun 26, 2012
    • level: 13

Scop wrote:
    Yep, that line!

it sounded to me that Arthur said "I welcome the southron", but other people heard "Saroun" or something similar. so I had originally thought Morgana's raiders from last season had come from this region, but not I'm not so sure. costumes were groovy, though

Is it possible that they are the Saxons that were mentioned from the spring filming in Wales?

And I had a passing thought and wondered if the May 30th filming in Clearwell Caves that mentioned Arthur bringing an injured Mordred to a cave with mysterious old ladies, could one of those old ladies have been Old!Morgana? Just a speculation based on knowing that Morgana disguises herself as an old lady this year.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[382]Jun 26, 2012
    • level: 75
    -June 25th vid here thanks to Allie James.

Scop

[383]Jun 26, 2012
    • level: 4
    Originally when I saw the extras walking around, I thought they may be Saxons. Their costumes look so much different from what we've seen before. But then this guy knew Uthur and remembers Arthur as a boy. Just from the fact that the saxons haven't been mentioned before, I was assuming the Saxons were a new threat, but in TV land, that really dosen't mean anything. We don't really know if the Saxons are a new threat at this point or a group that's been around but hasn't been in the forefront until now.

BTW, Got back home safe and sound. Spent last night in the airport. Delta gave us red blankets and pillows to sleep on. In the morning everyone had them draped over their shoulders: the whole terminal was filled with people in red capes

Connor91

[384]Jun 27, 2012
    • level: 6

I am really interested to see what they do with Mordred this year. I really hope s5 isn't a repeat of the 'traitor in Camelot' storyline we had in s3 and s4. It would be kind of cool if a sub plot of s5 was like a 'battle' for Mordred between Arthur (and therefore Merlin) and Morgana. Not like a physical fight or anything but I mean, both of them trying to pull him in opposite directions, like him looking up to Arthur as a 'fatherly' figure and up to Morgana as a 'motherly' figure and not knowing which way to go - would fit in quite well with the legends that he is Arthur and Morgause's child.

Or maybe they could even have Mordred double crossing them both for to his own end? They can't really have him be an out-and-out ally to Morgana, given how much he knows about Merlin/Emrys.

Edited on 06/27/2012 11:17am

jane9115

[385]Jun 27, 2012
    • level: 5

Same here Connor! I really want to see what role his magic is going to play in this season, and whether or not Arthur's disdain for magic we'll be a deciding factor in Mordred's decision. Though it'll be interesting to see the dynamic Mordred brings when he learns of Arthur's dislike for magic and the fact that Merlin hasn't told the truth about himself and how Mordred could play that in his favour.

But if its a repeat of a "traitor in Camelot" I will beterriblydisappointed

Edited on 06/28/2012 1:07pm

PenguinSuzie

[386]Jun 27, 2012
    • level: 10

I so hope that there's some indecision on Mordred's part about who he sides with. I agree so much that if it's just the same story of betrayal as S3&4 then it'll be very dull. So here's hoping that they mix it up a bit.

Edited on 06/27/2012 1:36pm

boom-moo

[387]Jun 27, 2012
    -June 25th vid here thanks to geekygay.
    -June 25th vid here thanks to AllieJames.
    -June 25th pics here thanks to haikubleu.
    -June 25th pics here thanks to ForCamelot.
    -June 25th pics here thanks to Joyce_Lee.
    -June 26th pics here thanks to JULIEHopes.
    -June 26th report here and pics here thanks to Fo16.
    -June 27th report here thanks to archaeologist-d.
    -June 27th pics here thanks to AkaPrincessD.

June 26th:
    -A group of men dressed in black (Odin's men) were around.
    -The knights and Gwen filmed a scene in the woods.

June 27th:
    -There was some sword-fighting/training with all the knights, Mordred and Arthur.
    -Lots of action in the grassy area in front of the castle.
    -Colin and a guest star filmed inside for a while.
    -Angel was in her black dress for a short time.
    Edited on 06/27/2012 4:11pm

BrightlyLit

[388]Jun 28, 2012

I'm with everybody else and would hate to see a traitor in the midst again. Please I know they can do better than that. I think perhaps this video has been posted and please forgive me for repeating the link here but if you click on the spoiler report underneath the video I read something that made me a bit excited. See where apparently Merlin gives Gwen some kind of look as they are all about to leave, which I HOPE means that he has confided in her about Mordred. Remember, from another report we learned that Merlin was disapproving of the fact that Mordred was going. I would so love it if Gwen and Merlin work together in support of Arthur in whatever is going on, and maybe a glimmer of chance that she finds out about Merlin's magic. I hope, I hope, I hope.

PenguinSuzie

[389]Jun 29, 2012
    • level: 10

I think Arthur would be even more heartbroken though if Gwen kept Merlin's magic from him as well. I'd love more Merlin and Gwen time together though as their scenes are always sweet and their friendship is lovely. I would kind of like for her or someone to find out though, I think Gwaine would handle it well and I think that Merlin really needs some more people that know and support him.

It would still be kind of the same story with the traitor if Gwen knew, unless Mordred still doesn't know who he supports. I'd love for them to touch on that and for Merlin to try and convince him to help them and be with them. Maybe Mordred just pretends to forgive him which might be why Merlin wouldn't tell Arthur that it's Mordred, that would still be a repeat though.

Edited on 06/29/2012 6:00am

JanetteCassar

[390]Jun 30, 2012

so we are done with spoilers for some time now, correct?

ellac4

[391]Jun 30, 2012

JanetteCassar wrote:

so we are done with spoilers for some time now, correct?

Maybe the Comic Con panel will give up a few spoilers on July 15. And there's supposed to be a preview of the new season and a blooper reel. Cool

I guess Gwen's clothes constitute a spoiler so I'll ask this here -- has anyone put together a page with all of her fabulous new outfits?

I don't recall seeing any photos of Morgana's new costumes beyond the old lady one. Wasn't there a new blue dress?

Edited on 06/30/2012 9:53am

boom-moo

[392]Jul 1, 2012
    PenguinSuzie wrote:

Maybe Mordred just pretends to forgive him which might be why Merlin wouldn't tell Arthur that it's Mordred, that would still be a repeat though.

As per the spoilers listed under June 25th, Arthur addresses Mordred as "Mordred" so he knows who he is

ellac4 wrote:

I guess Gwen's clothes constitute a spoiler so I'll ask this here -- has anyone put together a page with all of her fabulous new outfits?

Posts #6 and #7 have pictures and descriptions. Not exactly what you ask for but hey

ellac4 wrote:

I don't recall seeing any photos of Morgana's new costumes beyond the old lady one. Wasn't there a new blue dress?

I haven't seen any picture either but the costume has been described in detail like so:

"Morgana was wearing a very dark midnight blue dress in a scene that she filmed along the boundaries. The dress wasn't poofy but practical. It had low cleavage, a laced-up corset piece at the front and it had a hood connected to it. She was wearing dark gloves. Her hair was a sort of messy curls look, swept over her shoulder with some small plaits in it."

-June albums here thanks to 3xcusemyfench.
    -June 22nd report here and pics here thanks to shutupmerlin.
    -June 22nd pic here thanks to Caroline Lefèvre.
    -June 25th report here and pics here thanks to shutupmerlin.
    -June 25th report here (translated here) and pics here thanks to Lornaenseries.
    -June 25th report here (translated here) thanks to nephtysseries.
    -June 26th pics here thanks to MaatLike.
    -June 27th pics here and here thanks to AkaPrincessD.
    --June 27th report here thanks to baby-in-trenchcoat.

John Bradley West's character is called Tyr Seward Source

June 28th:
    -The Knights/Arthur/Merlin filmed in the cellars and then in the forest, Angel filmed on the hill Source.

-June 25th pics here thanks to yavannauk.

Edited on 07/01/2012 5:14pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Agravaine_yay

[393]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 3

Any news on Alvarr's return? BecauseI believe he will return because they didn't "end" the character's story in the Series 2 episode, the Witch's Quickening.

My guess is, since Mordred will probably become a knight (a trainee or whatever)in the middle of Series 5. Before then, they will show him travelling abroad with Alvarr. But when Alvarr dies, he flees to Camelot.

How's that for a theory!?

boom-moo

[394]Jul 3, 2012
    This is what is known about Alvarr so far:

boom-moo wrote:
    -Joseph Mawle to return as Alvarr in eps 5x01 and 5x02: "Yes! It's exciting I know! Last time I was in it my character just disappeared and I wondered if we'd see him again, and here we are! Only the first two episodes of the series but I'm still stoked!" Source and Source ---> This information was apparently a hoax due to April Fools Source.

It's not clear if it was a hoax or not. I think not, but if he is to return I suppose it'll be as a means to introduce Mordred back into the storyline. I'd like to know if he's told Mordred about the crystals or not. If Alvarr is to die, maybe he makes Mordred promise to take revenge on Camelot which will add to Mordred's own conflict between those who saved his life (Morgana vs Arthur&Merlin)

boom-moo wrote:
    -June albums here thanks to 3xcusemyfench.

boom-moo wrote:
    June 22nd:
    -A young man in brown clothes and a brown cloak filmed a lot of scenes with Merlin, and at some point Merlin was even protecting him from a man dressed as a warrior.
    He can be seen climbing the battlements and sneaking into the castle.

-June 26th-27th pics here thanks to yavannauk.

-Arthur and Sir Leon are wearing the same leather strap thingy that we've seen on Gaius and Merlin's neck ----> Edit: I've just been told that (apparently) it is some sort of gel pack acting as a cooling device.

Have they highlighted Gwaine's hair?

July 4th filming at Puzzlewood:
    -Merlin was there with the druid boy and there were several men there dressed as bandits or something like that - generic tunics, nothing Druid-like but in greens and browns. They had swords, one guy had chainmail but not Pendragon colors, and Merlin used magic on one of them and they started running away. It was very clear that Merlin was protecting the kid Source.

I wonder if the "druid boy" is the one I referred to above and that can be seen here and here.

Edited on 07/04/2012 2:53pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Agravaine_yay

[396]Jul 5, 2012

I believe it's possible that one of the bandits may be Alvarr. We'll have to wait and see.

boom-moo

[397]Jul 6, 2012
    Nothing too spoilery but it comes from Merlin Official after all Source.

Chayiana

[398]Jul 6, 2012

boom-moo wrote:

That's not spoilery at all, because this pic was taken last year in September in Pierrefonds, when they filmed the series finale two-parter.

boom-moo

[399]Jul 6, 2012
    Lmao! Never change Merlin Official... (or did they say so and it's me having a blonde moment?)

Thanks anyway I'm removing it from from the summary posts.

Agravaine_yay

[400]Jul 6, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:

Apparently that was from Series 4...