Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 5 spoilers thread

boom-moo

[401]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 75
    Yup, Chayiana pointed it out to me already.

Sorry for misleading you guys
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chayiana

[402]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 6

boom-moo wrote:
    Lmao! Never change Merlin Official... (or did they say so and it's me having a blonde moment?) Thanks anyway

You're welcome! And don't worry, no blonde moment! ^^ I just saw Marie in the background talking to the knights...and Marie wasn't in Pierrefonds this year (which was a shame by the way ), so, I checked with my pictures, and this was taken on 08/09/11.

Agravaine_yay

[403]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 3

The time jump for Series 5 makes me very nervous! It brings an excuse for lazy writing! Like Agravaine's introduction... well, I guess it wasn't really an introduction actually!

I'm also nervous about how Mordred will be re-introduced, if he's an assumed Knight of Camelot I will be very mad! Because the thing I've been excited about Mordred's return is his reuniting with Arthur!

Also, the Mordred/traitor thing even makes me more nervous! It is so unoriginal how they had a 'traitor in the midst' in both Series 3 and Series 4 and if they repeat it again with Mordred in Series 5 I will literally smash up my TV with a baseball bat, okay I'm joking But I am just sick of the lack of originality and the smirking! If Mordred smirks on a regular basis I will be pissed!

And lastly, I hope Morgana doesn't become queen again! Her becoming queen in Series 4 was just a repeat on what happened in Series 3... I mean, this is not Super Mario Bros. where everything keeps on happening all over again, this is the Arthurian legend!

----

Okay, is there any evidence that can confirm that any of these issues won't occur again, or at least little indications?

Edited on 07/07/2012 5:19am

boom-moo

[404]Jul 7, 2012
    Spoilers can be pretty misleading so I don't think we are in a position where it's easy to confirm anything but going by the June 25th reports where Mordred strongly insists to accompany Arthur and then addresses Merlin a mean smile it seems to hint that he is up to something.

-June 25th vids here thanks to latb1990.

Agravaine_yay

[405]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 3
    boom-moo wrote:
    Spoilers can be pretty misleading so I don't think we are in a position where it's easy to confirm anything but going by the June 25th reports where Mordred strongly insists to accompany Arthur and then addresses Merlin a mean smile it seems to hint that he is up to something.

-June 25th vids here thanks to latb1990.

Wow, that makes me feel a bit uneasy

Thanks for your help

PenguinSuzie

[406]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 10

Mordred smirking at Merlin really points to another repeat of 'traitor in the midst' but I hope maybe it's just that he hasn't started to doubt his alliance with Morgana yet, but that maybe he will.

Since the time jump is suppose to be longer than the previous ones (I think that was reported anyway) then it'll be at least 2 years. 8/9 years since Merlin arrived in Camelot. God Arthur will be like 30 and since Morgana and Gwen are both older than him then Gwen is like 33/34 by this point. I suppose Mordred will be about 19/20, assuming that he was about 12 in S2. At least by the end of S5 anyway.

I also really hope that Morgana doesn't become queen again! Especially if it's in the last to episodes. Things will start becoming unbelievably predictable if they continue to follow that pattern.

Edited on 07/07/2012 12:14pm

jane9115

[407]Jul 8, 2012
    • level: 5

I do wonder how Arthur allows Mordred into his inner circle since he is obviously aware that Mordred is/was a druid, though I don't think he knows if he has magic. One would think that he has become some what more accepting of magic-related things, which I honestly don't think is true but still it'll be interesting to see how they explain it.

Hopefully not by just ignoring it.

boom-moo

[408]Jul 8, 2012
    Hopefully not but ever since A Herald of the New Age it would make sense if he is more open to accepting druids.

jane9115

[409]Jul 8, 2012
    • level: 5

Oh yeah I forgot about that! Well here's hoping it is used by the writers!

boom-moo

[410]Jul 9, 2012
    -July 5th report from an extra here.

-June pics here and here thanks to carlospyrrhus.

-July 10th, filming at Fforest Fawr: A lot of commotion in Fforest Fawr tonight filming Merlin again Source.

June 20th vid here thanks to merlinitaliano.

SDCC livestream interview on MTV:
    -There's a three year gap and all the characters have grown up in every sense considerably.
    -Morgana has been held captive for two years by Mordred and is now: "I don't want to say crazy, but... more determined to hate everyone".
    -Arthur listens to Merlin's advice more.

Edited on 07/14/2012 3:10pm
    Edited 6 total times.

Scop

[411]Jul 14, 2012
    • level: 4

boom-moo wrote:
    -

_______________ SDCC livestream interview on MTV: -There's a three year gap and all the characters have grown up in every sense considerably. -Morgana has been held captive for two years by Mordred and is now: "I don't want to say crazy, but... more determined to hate everyone".

What? Really? [deepbreath] [deepbreath] [RepeatToYourselfItsJustAShowIShouldReallyJustRelax]

So, that's the way they're going to go, huh?.... Okay then.

PendragonLady

[412]Jul 14, 2012

boom-moo wrote:

SDCC livestream interview on MTV: -There's a three year gap and all the characters have grown up in every sense considerably. -Morgana has been held captive for two years by Mordred and is now: "I don't want to say crazy, but... more determined to hate everyone". -Arthur listens to Merlin's advice more.

Wait, what? Is this true?!!

boom-moo

[413]Jul 14, 2012
    PendragonLady wrote:
    Wait, what? Is this true?!!
    Well, that's what Colin and Katie said. Not much else, mind you. There was a lot of Morgana's evil, green screen, etc.

PendragonLady

[414]Jul 14, 2012

But ... but ... a three year time jump? I have a bad feeling about this.

xxEsterr

[415]Jul 14, 2012
    • level: 9
    Now I'm wondering WHY Mordred has kept Morgana captive for 2 years (and what she has be doing that remaining year?? o.O ) I thought Morgana was his friend, she helped him escape afterall. but I am sorta pleased that it won't be another alliance to take over Camelot xD (at least not at the start.)

boom-moo

[416]Jul 14, 2012
    Why?

I guess it's meant to show that Arthur has been ruling for a while now and in a fair manner what with the round table and whatnot. He seems to have a good bunch of knights that he can trust and apparently he is respected enough to be able to summon the representatives of other kingdoms to his own. And on the other side of things, guess that it's an excuse for Morgana to be even more revengeful. I wonder what the story is with Mordred keeping her captive though.

Merlin seems to remain a servant, by the way. The fancy clothes of 4x13 were as random and inconsistent as this show can get Lol

Chayiana

[417]Jul 14, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    SDCC livestream interview on MTV: -There's a three year gap and all the characters have grown up in every sense considerably. -Morgana has been held captive for two years by Mordred and is now: "I don't want to say crazy, but... more determined to hate everyone". -Arthur listens to Merlin's advice more.

Wait, she didn't say she was held captive by Mordred, she said she was held captive by a character we'll get to know later in the series, she didn't tell any names. It doesn't sound like Mordred to me, because we know he'll be there from the beginning.

JanetteCassar

[418]Jul 15, 2012

well since it's not Mordred, could it be she was held captive by Aithusia? just a wild guess...

PenguinSuzie

[419]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 10

Or Alvarr.

Arthur will be 30 in S5 O.O.

I hope Arthur and Gwen haven't had kids during the gap.

Edited on 07/15/2012 12:59am
    Edited 2 total times.

Chayiana

[420]Jul 15, 2012

I don't think it's a character we already know, otherwise the "get to know" part wouldn't apply, would it?