Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 5 spoilers thread

boom-moo

[441]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 75
    It is Gaius indeed. And Merlin is taking up the spot that usually belongs to the Great Dragon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chayiana

[442]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 6

boom-moo wrote:
    SDCC 2012 Merlin panel here.

Another part here!

boom-moo

[443]Jul 15, 2012
    -In the three year gap Morgana's worst fears have been realized. She's been persecuted for being magical, imprisoned and probably tortured by a character that will appear later on in the season. When she gets out, it's no longer just about being accepted for being magical (which is what she was in Season 4), it's about revenge now. She wants to make everybody pay for what has happened to her. It's a much darker driving force for her. She doesn't just want her throne back. She wants everyone to feel what she's felt.
    -Morgana will interact with the other characters some more, including the series regulars and the Knights of the Round Table in very interesting ways.
    -In season 4 she had a real issue with Guinevere becoming Queen, because for her, that's her role. She believes that that is her birthright. She does have difficulties with it. But for Morgana, she has got an overall goal, and she needs to do whatever it takes to get her end goal. Whether that means being nice to one person, forming alliances with another, doing underhanded, dirty things... all the time you have to remember with Morgana, her goal is revenge, and that's what she's thinking Source.

JanetteCassar

[444]Jul 15, 2012

so excuse me if i am missing something... will there be a Season 6, or will they just go to the movies after Season 5?

boom-moo

[445]Jul 15, 2012
    According to the link I posted before they are "in discussions with BBC about Season 6" so nothing has been decided yet.

Chayiana

[446]Jul 15, 2012

JanetteCassar wrote:

so excuse me if i am missing something... will there be a Season 6, or will they just go to the movies after Season 5?

As far as I understood it, they're aiming for both... a 6th series and 3 movies! Source

Nice summary of the panel with a description of the trailer here!

They showed the trailer for Series 5. Again, as I don't watch the show, it was hard for me to know what I was seeing in context of the series, but here are the notes I took while watching (and hopefully they'll have the video online soon enough). It begins by flashing to each of the main characters one-by-one looking serious. A shot of the round table. Someone says something about sewing the seeds of distruction. People in red capes in the snow running. A scary wolf. Shirtless man with a sword. A knight in battle. A chandelier drops on the table. Merlin and Arthur get caught in a net-trap. A creepy person chanting or saying some kind of spell. Talk of a prophecy- sounds like a threat to Arthur. Lots of action scenes. Fire. Merlin tells Arthur he will protect him or die at his side. A voice (off screen) says, "Camelot's great trial has begun."

Edited on 07/15/2012 2:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.

boom-moo

[447]Jul 15, 2012
    -Season 5 will have 2 dragons Source.

-Apparently they're going to address the Agravaine thing from last season Source.

-Merlin's temptation to use darker magic will be a theme. Telepathic connection with Mordred, who knows his secret, is important‬ Source.

-Merlin's temptation to the darker magic will be a huge theme this year."He's forced to confront [scary] parts of himself Source.

-The relationship with Merlin and Mordred will be further developed this season Source.

-Julian Murphy on how dark they'll take the legends. "Well, we won't do rape or incest...!" Source.

-Less comedy eps, but still plenty of funny moments Source.

-There's an incredible bond between Arthur and his knights Source.

-Season 5 starts 3 years after Season 4, with a mature Gwen as queen and Arthur as "the king he's always wanted to be" Source.

-Merlin and The Dragon's relationship will now become more of a two way relationship this season Source.

-There's a huge maturing of all the characters, particularly Merlin Source.

jane9115

[448]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 5

(hehehe it was so much fun)

Colin also said that he and Gwaine were going to have some more friendship moments and that Merlin would be asking for Gwaine's help more often (kind of a replacement for Lancelot)

Scop

[449]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 4

Cool, got to hear the actual interview, got to read through all the SDCC spoilers. This is sounding MUCH better now.

It sounds like Morgana's captor is anti-magic??? I didn'tlike the idea of it being Mordred, but don't think it's Athusa either.

Aside from calling Athusa "her" dragon, Katie also referred to Athusa as "she" so there's hope for the dragon race yet (of course... there are not dragons in our world that we know of, so that could be a longshot... yet this is a mythical land...)

Still curious if Katie sat somewhere in the back during the Firefly panel, fangirl that she is.

boom-moo

[450]Jul 15, 2012
    Blooper reel here and a short, Short, low quality version here.

Aithusa will become Morgana's confidant and will protect her, they have a complex and meaningful relationship Source.

Interview with Colin here.
    Edited on 07/15/2012 10:16pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Chayiana

[451]Jul 15, 2012

Here is another part of the blooper reel and Bradley's message... still not the whole thing, but much better quality!

boom-moo

[453]Jul 16, 2012
    -Season 5 will have several Arthurian legends iconic moments.
    -Morgana thinks that Arthur is behind part of the 3 years that she's spent imprisoned for her magic so it's all about revenge for her.
    -About Morgana and Gwen: "You're gonna get the legend, but not how you expect it." "That's definitely a very juicy story line to look out for."
    -Answering a question about Gwen being enchanted to cheat on Arthur (and whether she will ever learn the truth about what happened), Angel says the most important thing for Gwen is having Arthur's trust. She doesn't know she was enchanted. She would never do it again. She's moved passed it. In the three years between series their relationship has moved on. It's made them stronger in the end Source.

Whole panel part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4.
    Edited on 07/16/2012 12:32am

JanetteCassar

[454]Jul 16, 2012

thanks a lot for all the updates guys... whilst browsing the internet I found this bad quality trailer... but at least it's something till we find the proper one uploaded...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjSKGChLWAg

boom-moo

[455]Jul 16, 2012
    Thank you!

I don't get sound here. Is it true that Alvarr appears at 1:09?

JanetteCassar

[456]Jul 16, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    Thank you! I don't get sound here. Is it true that Alvarr appears at 1:09?

I cannot tell you that unfortunately as that part of the trailer is completely covered by peoples heads and you can only see the very top of the screen... I didn't recognise the voice speaking either I'm afraid...

boom-moo

[457]Jul 16, 2012
    I was hoping someone could recognise the voice, thanks all the same
    Edited on 07/16/2012 3:31am

yafu2

[458]Jul 16, 2012
    • level: 4

TV Equals interviews with the cast and EP's

Colin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHm8VzWpvxE

Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwO_OjOopo4

Gwen and Merlin's relationship is still close but it gets tested this season

Katie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7OWnVO2T_Y

Johnny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na1c52keEQQ

Julian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X54hy4m6tAI

Chayiana

[459]Jul 16, 2012

yafu2 wrote:
    Gwen and Merlin's relationship is still close but it gets tested this season

And that's the part I find very interesting... maybe their relationship gets tested, because Gwen learns of Merlin's magic?! I'd love that!!!

m_n_c

[460]Jul 16, 2012
    • level: 1

Interesting part from the trailer:

-"Prophecies speak of Arthur's bane. You would do well to fear it for it stalks(not sure for this) like a ghost"

-"Prophecies do not lie. Arthur's bane was real. Once it was known to us, his end was nigh."

I think...but does anyone know what this whole "Arthur bane" thing is about ?