Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 5 spoilers thread

JJuna

[501]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 11

Well, both Mordred and Aithusa are aware of Merlin's identity. As Morgana interacts with both of them, it will be ridiculous if she doesn't find out soon. I'm looking forward to seeing her reaction.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JanetteCassar

[502]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 6

boom-moo wrote:
    I guess there'll be some moments here and there. He listens to her counsel a lot more, and that shall be shown. He goes on quests a lot, so I guess we'll have farewell and welcome back tidbits. She is abducted by Morgana, so we shall see Arthur do everything in his power to get her back, etc. I don't think we'd lack Arthur/Gwen moments to keep putting together a nice list of them Digging old stuff here... -Dragons will be at the heart of the action, because Merlin and Morgana now derive their powers of these magical creatures. Their next battle should be epic. Morgana could outmaneuver him this time Source and Source.

yeah well... I hope you are right and that the Arwen moments will not be too scarce... now they are married I thought we would get more... but seems to me it will be quite the opposite...

boom-moo

[503]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 75
    -Mordred is good and will help Arthur and Camelot because he owes Arthur his life. However, he also owes his life to Morgana so he will be torn.
    -Mordred hasn't forgotten his threat to Merlin. He knows his secret and holds it over him Source.

-Merlin's temptation to use darker magic will be a theme of series five.
    -Merlin will have a telepathic connection with Mordred, who knows his secret Source.

jane9115

[504]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 5

I'm really interested in seeing how Mordred treats Merlin, especially with the telepathy maybe almost like being Merlin's shadow and being stalker-ish. Can you say 'Blackmail'?

Though he must be wondering why Merlin tried to kill him.

Since Mordred is good (for now) it'll be interesting seeing him and Merlin work together.

If he is good I wonder if their going to do a Morgana and eventually have him turn evil. But really I have no idea how their going to twist & turn this myth

xfairylightx

[505]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 2

Here's the link for a better version of the trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-AWIWqj8Ec&feature=youtu.be

There is also a little bit of the bloopers (not much), a video of Bradley, one of Rupert, the recap of seasons 1 to 4 and the trailer for the game....

Very interesting trailer, a lot to comment... but I will watch it again before doing it

Edit :

For me, the interesting parts are :

- Gwen on the throne looking very serious... almost pissed ?

- The knights and Arthur seems to swordfights A LOT!

- Old Merlin ?...

- There are a lot of people around this (georgous!) round table

- At 9:11, is that the Dorocha doing magic ?

- Definitively Liam with Katie at 9:27, so it's not Alvarr...

- Druids ?

- Morgana playing with Queen Gwen, a lot! Looks like a mandrake root at 9:36...

- Morgana and Mordred together at 9:42...

Edited on 07/17/2012 9:07pm

TreasuredPast

[506]Jul 17, 2012
    Just watched the trailer as well... At 8:25, when there's a shot of the round table, there is a vacant chair next to Guinevere. I am wondering if this is reserved for Lancelot... meaning his name will be cleared this season? (I sure hope so).

jane9115

[507]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 5

xfairylightx wrote:

They said when Arthur is away Gwen is left in charge and she is going to be having quite a bit of trouble from some other council men/knights/advisorsetc. so that is probably her going into all bad ass mode

And it is defs the mandrake root, thanks for naming it, I could not for the life of me remember its name

xfairylightx

[508]Jul 17, 2012

TreasuredPast wrote:
    Just watched the trailer as well... At 8:25, when there's a shot of the round table, there is a vacant chair next to Guinevere. I am wondering if this is reserved for Lancelot... meaning his name will be cleared this season? (I sure hope so).

I'm sure Lancelot won't come back. I may be wrong but I don't have the feeling he will return. He's dead, after all. (I know! He have been brought back one time, why not two?) I think they can't have him back without having the whole infidelity issue back with him... Angel Coulby says at the SDCC that the incident was close, that Arthur has forgive Gwen, etc. It will be ridiculous to bring back Lancelot and reopen old wounds. But with TPTB, who knows ?...

I think the vacant chair can be for Merlin who don't seems to be in the room or Mordred, if he's not sit elsewhere.

Edit : Not for Merlin apparently, he is standing on the right, close to the windows

jane9115 wrote:

xfairylightx wrote:

They said when Arthur is away Gwen is left in charge and she is going to be having quite a bit of trouble from some other council men/knights/advisorsetc. so that is probably her going into all bad ass mode

And it is defs the mandrake root, thanks for naming it, I could not for the life of me remember its name

The fact that she's not a noble from birth will surely bring trouble somewhere... I mean, in season four, only Agravaine tell Arthur what he think about him having a servant as his wife so I'm glad she's having some problems, it make it more believable, even three years after the wedding...

Edited on 07/17/2012 10:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

TreasuredPast

[509]Jul 17, 2012

xfairylightx wrote:

TreasuredPast wrote:

I'm sure Lancelot won't come back. I may be wrong but I don't have the feeling he will return. He's dead, after all. (I know! He have been brought back one time, why not two?) I think they can't have him back without having the whole infidelity issue back with him... Angel Coulby says at the SDCC that the incident was close, that Arthur has forgive Gwen, etc. It will be ridiculous to bring back Lancelot and reopen old wounds. But with TPTB, who knows ?...

I think the vacant chair can be for Merlin who don't seems to be in the room or Mordred, if he's not sit elsewhere.

I would reluctantly agree (though I still hold some foolish hope in my head) that Lancelot is not coming back. It's a heart-breaking shame, but that's a whole other post.

I was just curious to speculate that maybe Morgana's tricks/the use of the enchanted bracelet/Lancelot being a shade under Morgana's control will be revealed, somehow, without Lancelot physically being there. And then maybe Arthur honoring his wrongful death (re-death?) with an empty seat at the Table. I don't know how the writers would go about doing that, so maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. :/

xfairylightx

[510]Jul 18, 2012

TreasuredPast wrote:

xfairylightx wrote:

TreasuredPast wrote:

I would reluctantly agree (though I still hold some foolish hope in my head) that Lancelot is not coming back. It's a heart-breaking shame, but that's a whole other post.

I was just curious to speculate that maybe Morgana's tricks/the use of the enchanted bracelet/Lancelot being a shade under Morgana's control will be revealed, somehow, without Lancelot physically being there. And then maybe Arthur honoring his wrongful death (re-death?) with an empty seat at the Table. I don't know how the writers would go about doing that, so maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. :/

It's was important to not tell that Morgana trick Gwen into aldutery in season 4 because of the Gwen/Arthur ''breaking up storyline''... but the only two persons who knows about the bracelet were Lancelot, Agravaine and Morgana and the two males are both deads. I don't think Morgana will ever tell anyone about the bracelet, and why would she do that anyway ? It will no be good for her if anyone is to find out.

The only way is for Lancelot to return and tell himself but... even if I love his character a lot, I don't want him to return again if it's not for him to have his happy ending at last. Poor gorgeous little boy!

Agravaine_yay

[511]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 3

I think Aithusa will be around Morgana because he thinks she is destined for good. In fact, I am actually almost certain of it. Think about it logically...

Why would Aithusa be known as the 'light of the sun' is he is as evil as the 'darkness of hell'.

It adds up that Morgana will most definitely redeem at the end of Series 5... And I think she might die too... :'(

If there is a Series 6 I think Mordred will live on and become the main villain. And it wouldpostponethe legendary Arthur vs. Mordred duel as that is said to be at the end of the Arthurian legend.

Maybe they could have Accolon and Elaine introduced in Series 6 and 7 as well...

And lastly, if Morgana dies at the end of Series 5 I have a theory to how she can be brought back in the finale of Series 7...

Mordred (how doesn't know of her redemption), finds a Coin of Necromancy and uses it to bring back Morgana as a Shade... But in the end Merlin finds a way to free her of the darkness. And she remains alive, but once Arthur dies, she goes to the Lake of Avalon, makes an isle with her magic and exiles herself there.

At the end of the story, 50 years later, Geoffrey of Monmouth III visits Morgana in exile and asks her about her life so he can form the Arthurian legend chronicles...

(ideas credited to my and the Merlin creators' inspirations: Smallville, The Once and Future King and The Book of Mordred)

Edited on 07/17/2012 11:53pm

Chayiana

[512]Jul 18, 2012

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that a very distressed looking Gwen is there with Morgana and Mordred in some kind of cave, while Morgana is blasting off Merlin.

Here's what I'm thinking: Angel said in one of the interviews that her friendship with Merlin will be tested. So maybe, she finally learns of Merlin's magic at this encounter with Morgana and Mordred. Laughing

I just hope, that they didn't push the reset button afterwards and say that Gwen was not in her right mind when she discovered Merlin's magic, and therefore she would dismiss it as nonsense. Surprised

@agravaine_yay

Aithusa is a "she"!

Edited on 07/17/2012 11:46pm

TreasuredPast

[513]Jul 18, 2012
    xfairylightx wrote:

TreasuredPast wrote:

xfairylightx wrote:

TreasuredPast wrote:

It's was important to not tell that Morgana trick Gwen into aldutery in season 4 because of the Gwen/Arthur ''breaking up storyline''... but the only two persons who knows about the bracelet were Lancelot, Agravaine and Morgana and the two males are both deads. I don't think Morgana will ever tell anyone about the bracelet, and why would she do that anyway ? It will no be good for her if anyone is to find out.

The only way is for Lancelot to return and tell himself but... even if I love his character a lot, I don't want him to return again if it's not for him to have his happy ending at last. Poor gorgeous little boy!

Didn't Merlin find out that Lancelot was a shade as well? If I am remembering correctly, he put an enchantment on the floor and when Lance walked over, he revealed himself to be a shade. But I guess that doesn't matter much either, since Merlin still hasn't revealed his magic to Arthur. :/

xfairylightx

[514]Jul 18, 2012

Chayiana wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that a very distressed looking Gwen is there with Morgana and Mordred in some kind of cave, while Morgana is blasting off Merlin.

I don't see Gwen with them ? I'm not sure if it's Merlin that Morgana blast off, but it could make sense. It look like someone with a shield on his back...

You can see Gwen a moment after when she hold her head in her hands... but I don't think there is a link between the two.

@TreasuredPast :

Yes, Merlin knows that Lancelot was a shade but if I remember correctly, he never knew it was Morgana's fault and never told anyone, except Gaius, about it. As you said, he couldn't tell anyone anyway without revealing his magic... the same if he was to discover the enchanted bracelet.

Edited on 07/18/2012 12:04am

boom-moo

[515]Jul 18, 2012
    TreasuredPast wrote:
    At 8:25, when there's a shot of the round table, there is a vacant chair next to Guinevere. I am wondering if this is reserved for Lancelot... meaning his name will be cleared this season? (I sure hope so).
    According to TPTB Lancelot is not likely to ever return Source but I guess a seat is reserved on his name to honour his memory. I guess it might be eventually taken up by Mordred.

Chayiana wrote:

I fail to see her but will do closer slow-mo inspection at home

Gwen seems to have flowers in her hair in the scene at the forest where she 'wakes up', turns around and sees Morgana. I've read somewhere that in that scene she is in her nightgown. Can anyone confirm?

Sparklingwater

[516]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 4

jane9115 wrote:

Yeah it seems Arthur and Gwen are not going to have really too many plot arcs together. Its going to focus on from the looks of it Arthur/Merlin/Knights/Uther and Gwen/Morgana/Other members of council. And I guess Arthur is going to be away a lot more. And Mordred is somewhere mixed in there.

I doubt that anything will focus on Uther. I think he will be there for 2 minutes or something and then woosh, he'll be gone for good. Probably like Igraine when she appeared in season 2. In this epsiode I suppose all will focus on Arthur and maybe Merlin, as usual. As for Arthur and Gwen, they surely will have a lot of interaction because the Arthurian legend is supposed to be the focus in this season, according to spoilers. It was said that the four main characters will be in the center of it all, so probably Arwen fans won't be disappointed. Unlike others.

Arthur welcoming Mordred as a knight seems to make the whole "I hate magic now" completely unnecessary, which doesn't surprise me at all. And Morgana becoming even more evil ... I can't say how boring I find that. The only thing I'm looking forward to is Uther's return, even if it may be very unsatisfying. Super-mega-unbelievable-evil Morgana (again), Merlin using dark magic, battles with the Saxons, Knights fighting and the unification of Albion of which we don't know anything about doesn't sound promising to me.

Edited on 07/18/2012 3:23am

boom-moo

[517]Jul 18, 2012
    Just the trailer now here.

twizzle

[518]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 3

Better view of the trailer (no blooper reel) http://youtu.be/7l_pkDB0jeg

JanetteCassar

[519]Jul 18, 2012

Sparklingwater wrote:

As for Arthur and Gwen, they surely will have a lot of interaction because the Arthurian legend is supposed to be the focus in this season, according to spoilers. It was said that the four main characters will be in the center of it all, so probably Arwen fans won't be disappointed. Unlike others.

well i really hope you are right... though i highly think that Arwen fans will be greatly disappointed...

ral4884

[520]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 7

What does Arthur say to Merlin at the end? Merlin responds ... I sware, i'll protect you or ill die trying. replayed that spot in the video like ten times and still cant understand what he says to Merlin. Please Help!!!