Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 5 spoilers thread

Sparklingwater

[81]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 4

boom-moo wrote:
    So I guess that Alvarr/Mordred/Morgana reunite and plot against Arthur/Merlin which leads to A/M eventually killing Alvarr and Mordred/Morgana have a further reason to hate them and seek revenge all season through? I hope there's something more to it. And I want to see how TPTB are gonna get away with Mordred knowing that Merlin is Emrys and not telling Morgana. Maybe all that he is aware of is that Merlin is known as Emrys between the Druids but since he's always referred to him as Emrys, I guess that sooner or later it should slip out of his mouth.

Who knows, maybe Morgana will learn about Merlin being Emrys and indeed let Arthur know, but he simply won't believe her. Like when Merlin tried to tell Arthur that Agravaine is not to be trusted. Or maybe it's like in season 4 and nobody will ever tell anybody anything without any reason or because of the typical "they wont believe it anyway".

Alvarr and Mordred, the festival of returning baddies. I don't know... (supposedly) Good vs Evil is so not fascinating. Especially since Alvarr had worked against Morgana before, so chances are good that he might try to use her again and then it will be everybody vs everybody.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[82]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 75
    Nothing new but the picture, about the casting of Mordred here.

PenguinSuzie

[83]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 10
    He looks extremely young so it could be believable.

Klockan12

[84]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 2

I just saw this. Sorry if it doesn't count as a spoiler.

http://twitter.com/#!/eoincmacken/status/185387175423123456

boom-moo

[85]Mar 29, 2012
    Thanks, that's Clearwell Caves.

-Today I will be daydreaming of daylight, filming in caves all day with no phone signal up in Monmouth #dark Source.

-It's a beautiful sunny day in South Wales, one or the 12 a year that Cardiff gets and......we're filming underground in a cave Source.

-Magic is Back! The BBC are at Clearwell Caves near our Forest of Dean site today filming for the new series of Merlin! Source.

Costume and filming location spoilers:
    -March 2nd: Lily Hill sat on a pin, that's all I'm sayin
    -Feb 29th: Merlin day 3: 9 army arming jackets complete, now making 10 court lady's dresses.
    -Feb 28th: Merlin day 2: assigned team Camelot.
    -Feb 27th: Merlin day 1: 9 army arming jackets from scratch.
    Source.

- "Merlin revealing his magic is definitely going to be the ultimate test for Arthur and Merlin, and I think it might be explored in the fifth season," Morgan says. "The levels of trust between friends is one thing, but Arthur's distrust of magic is something that runs longer than he and Merlin have been friends. It will take much more influence and much more work to break and to overcome. Certainly we're entering into that territory, but it's never going to be an easy task for Merlin. Still, it has to happen sooner or later."

-Johnny Capps also offers a tantalizing possibility of things to come: "I think," he says, "the return of Mordred would be very interesting."

Source.

legend-dreamer

[86]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 13

boom-moo wrote:
    - "Merlin revealing his magic is definitely going to be the ultimate test for Arthur and Merlin, and I think it might be explored in the fifth season," Morgan says. "The levels of trust between friends is one thing, but Arthur's distrust of magic is something that runs longer than he and Merlin have been friends. It will take much more influence and much more work to break and to overcome. Certainly we're entering into that territory, but it's never going to be an easy task for Merlin. Still, it has to happen sooner or later."Source.

I know the quote is only a comment from Colin, but it leaves me with a glimmer of hope that a magic reveal may happen. If it does occur than hopefully we can see growth, maturity and acceptance for both Merlin and Arthur.

My wish is the same as other fans, hoping if a reveal happens that it is not a rushed storyline.

Edited on 03/29/2012 1:53pm

RoyPadrick

[87]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 1
    I have been watching from Day 1 and have loved nearly every second of the show. HOWEVER, it has gone far too long without a reveal of magic. In no reality would someone be able to keep something that big from their best friend and an entire kingdom.

But, setting aside reality for a moment, the storyline itself has stagnated for the past season and a half with Merlin constantly hiding his magic from everyone and the threat of revelation weighing down the plots. As a viewer, I honestly believe it has to happen very early in this season so they can explore the ramifications throughout.

I apologize if this is not he correct forum for this post. I look forward to hearing your opinions.

boom-moo

[88]Mar 29, 2012
    RoyPadrick wrote:
    I apologize if this is not he correct forum for this post.
    Spoilers and discussion on spoilers is what fits in here. Speculation without making any mention to known spoilers should be discussed over at the "Speculations without spoilers" thread here. The revelation topic can also be discussed at the Merlin and Arthur thread here or the UFOM (United Fans of Merlin) here. You can go through the Posting Rules thread to get a better idea of where to post what. Thanks

RoyPadrick

[89]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 1

Sorry.

fantasyfreak77

[90]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 14
    legend-dreamer wrote:
    I know the quote is only a comment from Colin, but it leaves me with a glimmer of hope that a magic reveal may happen.
    I was still shrieking like a banshee, anyway. I certainly hope that this proves to be more than speculation.

Elodie25

[91]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 2

I'm liking the new Mordred! I will miss the amazing Asa, but I guess it is a necessity due to his age and busy schedule. And I think, from the pictures I've seen, this new actor looks enough like him to pull it off quite well.

Also I just want to point out, like others have, that this is the world of TV. A 23-year-actor can probaby play a range of 16-35 years old (maybe a *slight* exaggeration). Glee, anyone? Some of the actors playing high schoolers are about 30. And it works out fine. Sure, they don't look absolutely accurate, but TV isn't meant to be a perfect depiction of real life. And I think it's more important for the new Mordred to be a good actor and look like Asa than it is for his age to be precisely correct.

Anyway, I hope, as well, that Mordred reveals Emrys' identity to Morgana. If they start making up ridiculous excuses, like Morgana getting knocked unconscious every time Mordred tries to broach the topic (heh) I will be very disappointed.

Maybe this has been mentioned and I've stupidly missed it, but do you think Mordred might be returning in either the 1st or 2nd episode with Alvarr?? I think it's probable that he found Mordred again after he escaped Camelot. He was kind of like a father figure to Mordred. Perhaps that's even the express reason Alvarr is returning, because he's with Mordred...

Edited on 03/29/2012 10:13pm

boom-moo

[92]Mar 30, 2012
    Elodie25 wrote:

Maybe this has been mentioned and I've stupidly missed it, but do you think Mordred might be returning in either the 1st or 2nd episode with Alvarr?? I think it's probable that he found Mordred again after he escaped Camelot. He was kind of like a father figure to Mordred. Perhaps that's even the express reason Alvarr is returning, because he's with Mordred...

Even if we don't know what episodes Mordred is gonna be in, he is back for the first block so it's very likely that he comes back with Alvarr. Alvarr had a selfish interest in Mordred so it'd be interesting to see if that has changed now that Alvarr has grown up and won't (most likely be) as easily manipulated.

Also I'd like to see Emmyria back but I don't keep high hopes in that regard.

ACDiNosey

[93]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 28
    lol, I knew you'd want Emmyria back

I get the feeling that Merlin will never think Arthur is ready for the reveal, probably partially because he (Merlin) isn't ready to let go of the secrets ever. So, imo, it would probably be an "accidental" reveal, which might be more hurtful to Arthur (as he would think Merlin didn't trust him with his secret, rather than considering that Merlin doesn't trust himself with the truth). However, same clothes and all, it would give Merlin a lot more bargaining power.

boom-moo

[94]Mar 30, 2012
    ACDiNosey wrote:
    lol, I knew you'd want Emmyria back

More Clearwell Caves filming:

-"I'm guessing they are filming Merlin over at the caves , due the the arrows with 'M' on I have spotted. Bloody noisy at night though!" Source.

Arrows with M? Hmm...

legend-dreamer

[95]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 13

Just noticed a change in the link for Alvarr's return. Cultfix also took down their posting. Was it a hoax, or did the TPTB do some damage control about another unintentionally leaked Series 5 spoiler?

Edited on 03/30/2012 5:43am

Chayiana

[96]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 6

boom-moo wrote:
    Arrows with M? Hmm...

Usually some bright yellow or pink signs to lead the way to the filming location.

legend-dreamer wrote:
    Just noticed a change in the link for Alvarr's return. Cultfix also took down their posting. Was it a hoax, or did the TPTB do some damage control about another unintentionally leaked Series 5 spoiler?

I noticed that, too. Very strange. It sounded too certain to be a hoax, I think. So, maybe they indeed try to be more secretive this time.

Scop

[97]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 4

A little late to cap that genie. Actually I think they'd get more buzz and excitement about the show confirming that's what's coming up than trying to play the total secret game. If no one's talking about your show... no one's TALKING about your show. People'sattentionspans are short these days. You need those cracks in the darkened window of secrets to inspire that environment of expectation. Everyone kind of figured the "old enemy returning" would be those two anyway.

boom-moo

[98]Mar 30, 2012
    Chayiana wrote:

boom-moo wrote:
    Arrows with M? Hmm...

Usually some bright yellow or pink signs to lead the way to the filming location.

Lmao, thanks! I was thinking about the actual shooting arrows and that someone was quite the eagle eyed * at self*

I don't think it was a hoax at all but I don't get why TPTB would be interested in removing the information since far more important spoilers are revealed every season.
    Edited on 03/30/2012 9:01am

Chayiana

[99]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 6

It seems we were all wrong. The spoiler about Alvarr has been indeed a hoax... Undecided Source

boom-moo

[100]Mar 30, 2012
    Yeah, I read that by following the original links I posted but I remain unconvinced... in any case so funny And double at Cultfix for not checking their sources better.

-Went 2 visit customer today, road blocked by filming trucks and saw Colin Morgan (Merlin) all dressed up ready for action. V strange 2 see.
    -He looked like merlin standing outside a cave.
    -(About what he was wearing) Erm red scraf thingy and tunic type thing if that helps.
    -(Hair) sort of swept back..no fringe

Source (March 30th)

Edited on 03/30/2012 12:12pm