Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 5 spoilers thread

Violamagic

[1041]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 2

boom-moo wrote:
    These are harder... 1. 'Our troubles are all in the past, I promise.' " Morgana to Aithusa 2. 'Remind me, Merlin, how did we end up like this?' " Morgana to Merlin 3. 'Trust you not to be doing any work' " Arthur to Gwaine and Percival 4. 'I know that you are worthy of my help.' " Mordred to Arthur 5. 'Attach this to the bird.' " Ruadan to Sefa 6. 'I believe it's a prayer.' " Gaius about something concerning Ruadan 7. 'The old religion will reign once more.' " Morgana to Mordred 8. 'Here, drink this, it will make it easier to bear.' " The Euchdag to Gwaine 9. 'Have faith, Morgana.' " Arthur to Morgana 10. 'Is there pudding?' " Merlin to Arthur

Number 9 could be Mordred to Morgana

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[1042]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 75
    Violamagic, please do not double post (posting twice in a row) as it goes against the site rules. Use the edit function in the drop down menu at the bottom of every post instead. Thank you

xfairylightx wrote:

boom-moo wrote:
    Not sure about the old woman. The fingers and the boots look like Merlin's to me and we know that he gets to turn into an old woman this series. However we clearly see him later on as the old woman and the clothes don't match.
    I begin to think that we will have both Katie and Colin disguised as old womens. The costume is not the same.
    Yes, we are definitely having both, there are many spoilers to support that. I wasn’t sure if this one was Katie or Colin (the fingers don’t look like Katie’s to me and the boots look a lot like Merlin’s). Now, this is definitely Colin, and the clothes don’t match but thanks to you for digging this pic up, I think it is safe to say that it is Katie since the costume is the very same.

1. Somewhat unfairly, Merlin displays an inability to catch once again" I guess that if it is unfair it involves magic. Maybe Morgana or whoever throws those sticks at him.
    2. Camelot's security falls for the old rolling coin trick" Camelot guards are distracted with some silly trick, I suppose Ruadan sneaking in Camelot.
    3. Who will wear a vegetable?" Arthur and Merlin entering Ismere by the waste passage.
    4. 'I thought the Druids were a peaceful people?'" Gwen to Gaius, they have a talk about Druids.
    5. Dinner will be disturbed by ranting and bells" I guess Morgana is having dinner when Arthur and Merlin are found in Ismere
    6. No one ever listens to good advice - No idea.
    7. Who will dream of being entwined with a loved one in the darkness?" Morgana and Aithusa
    8. 'I grew up!'" Aithusa has grown up
    9. Both Merlin and Arthur will take a leap of faith" I believe they use some sort of wagon to descend into the mines.
    10. Like father, like daughter?" Ruadan and Sefa

Australian article here.

From Inside Media Track here:

1 The love that binds us is more important than the power we wield - Mordred to Morgana.

2 Trust you not to be doing any work - Arthur to Gwaine/Percival

3 You can’t speak - Merlin to Aithusa

4 I thought the druids were peaceful people? - Gwen to Gaius

5 He used you! - Gwen to Sefa

6 It’s a dangerous game you’re playing my lady - Gaius to Gwen

7 You are wise Emrys; your wisdom will live long in the minds of men - The Euchdag to Merlin

8 She has proved herself to be a worthy daughter - Someone about Sefa

9 Sorcery frightens people, even those who claim to support it - Gaius to Gwen

10 Aithusa come... come here... - Morgana to Aitusa

Edited on 10/10/2012 4:17am
    Edited 2 total times.

dinamo

[1043]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 3

Could the ''I grew up'' one, be Morgana's reply to the one that went along the lines of ''What happened to you Morgana you used to be so compassionate as a child''?

ACDiNosey

[1044]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 28
    dinamo wrote:

Technically, it can only be Merlin to Aithusa, as he is the only one to know what the dragon is called (unless it can now speak, but it seems not...)

Klockan12

[1045]Oct 10, 2012

10 teasers about Arthur's Bane (Part Two): http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s53/merlin/news/a429635/merlin-ten-teasers-about-arthurs-bane-part-two.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter

1. We get a glimpse at the mysterious fate that befell Morgana between this series and the last...

2. Plus, a lingering plot thread from the series four finale is addressed.

3. "You fear me, Emrys, don't you?"

4. "I love your optimism!"

5. Merlin (Colin Morgan) and Arthur (Bradley James) take a leap of faith.

6. "I do not have such powers."

7. The late Uther gets a mention.

8. "Your bravery is matched only by your stupidity."

9. There's a scene that recalls classic prison flick The Shawshank Redemption.

10. "I told you - you should have killed him when you had the chance."

Edited on 10/10/2012 6:11am

Violamagic

[1046]Oct 10, 2012

Klockan12 wrote:

10 teasers about Arthur's Bane (Part Two): http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s53/merlin/news/a429635/merlin-ten-teasers-about-arthurs-bane-part-two.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter

1. We get a glimpse at the mysterious fate that befell Morgana between this series and the last... Morgana dreams of her captivity.

2. Plus, a lingering plot thread from the series four finale is addressed. No idea, looking forward to that! Why Aithusa saved Morgana?

3. "You fear me, Emrys, don't you?" Mordred to Merlin

4. "I love your optimism!" Arthur to Merlin?

5. Merlin (Colin Morgan) and Arthur (Bradley James) take a leap of faith. Down the garbage shut to enter Morgana's fortress.

6. "I do not have such powers." Merlin to Arthur or Sefa to Gwen

7. The late Uther gets a mention. Ruadan? Or Morgana.

8. "Your bravery is matched only by your stupidity." Arthur to Merlin

9. There's a scene that recalls classic prison flick The Shawshank Redemption. Never saw the film, no idea.

10. "I told you - you should have killed him when you had the chance." Killgarrah to Merlin about Mordred

boom-moo

[1047]Oct 10, 2012
    ACDiNosey wrote:
    dinamo wrote:

Technically, it can only be Merlin to Aithusa, as he is the only one to know what the dragon is called (unless it can now speak, but it seems not...)
    Lol very good point! The script has Morgana referring to Aithusa by her name though so I guess that the dragon refuses to talk to Merlin (she seems confused in the clip) but has talked to Morgana.

1. We get a glimpse at the mysterious fate that befell Morgana between this series and the last... - The scene where she is in chains.
    2. Plus, a lingering plot thread from the series four finale is addressed.- Aithusa
    3. "You fear me, Emrys, don't you?" - Mordred to Merlin
    4. "I love your optimism!" - Merlin to Arthur
    5. Merlin (Colin Morgan) and Arthur (Bradley James) take a leap of faith.- I guess this is the wagon ride.
    6. "I do not have such powers." - The Euchdag or Merlin
    7. The late Uther gets a mention - Arthur and Morgana's confrontation
    8. "Your bravery is matched only by your stupidity." - Arthur to Merlin
    9. There's a scene that recalls classic prison flick The Shawshank Redemption. Lol I don't know the movie.
    10. "I told you - you should have killed him when you had the chance." Merlin to Arthur about Mordred

JanetteCassar

[1048]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 6

boom-moo wrote:
    [9. There's a scene that recalls classic prison flick The Shawshank Redemption. Lol I don't know the movie.

I've seen the movie, and I must say it is a must-see movie as well it takes place all in prison, dealing with the lives of prisoners and their lives whilst in prison etc... I cannot though imagine how that could resemble a Merlin scene... its not as if they used chains etc in Shawshank...

boom-moo

[1049]Oct 10, 2012
    Thanks

It must be Morgana in her cell because the mines stuff wasn't that grim. The bit describing Morgana's nightmare is very dark. She is in a dark cell, her face is stained with dirt, her writs are bloodied and chained to the wall... and she wakes up with a hair rising scream.

5x02 "spoiler free" preview here.

Edited on 10/10/2012 9:01am
    Edited 2 total times.

legend-dreamer

[1050]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 13

5. Merlin (Colin Morgan) and Arthur (Bradley James) take a leap of faith. I am wondering if this might be the scene in the trailer for 5x02 where you seen Merlin jumping across the snow/ice chasm.

boom-moo

[1051]Oct 10, 2012
    legend-dreamer wrote:

5. Merlin (Colin Morgan) and Arthur (Bradley James) take a leap of faith. I am wondering if this might be the scene in the trailer for 5x02 where you seen Merlin jumping across the snow/ice chasm.

True! Makes way more sense than my guess.

dinamo

[1052]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 3

In Shawshank Redemption there is also an escape through the sewer system could that be what it is referring to perhaps connected with the rubbish shoot and carrott in the hair? Or maybe they escape through some underground mucky passage ways.

boom-moo

[1053]Oct 10, 2012
    dinamo wrote:

In Shawshank Redemption there is also an escape through the sewer system could that be what it is referring to perhaps connected with the rubbish shoot and carrott in the hair? Or maybe they escape through some underground mucky passage ways.

That makes sense too. Arthur and Merlin use the waste shoot to sneak into Ismere (guess that's the carrot scene) then some kind of wagon to get down to the mines. I don't know how they escape, but I guess using a more traditional way since Mordred allies with them, Morgana is left knocked out behind and Percy, Gwaine and the slaves are freed.

Now, something interesting. Episode 4 has Princess Mithian, King Odin and King Rodor.

Alator's city (as depicted in s4) is called Helva, which turns out to be the capital of Odin's kingdom so I guess that Alator is coming back in ep4 as well. King Odin still hasn't got his revenge on Arthur so I guess that he will strike again.

Klockan12

[1054]Oct 10, 2012

10 teasers for Arthur's Bane (Part Two): http://geeksyndicate.co.uk/2012/10/10/10-teasers-from-merlin-series-5-ep-2-arthurs-bane-pt-2/#more-52050

1. "Don't worry, we're safe. No harm can come to us now."

2. "*****, you have to help me."

3. Someone teases Merlin with something tasty.

4. "Don't be so quick to judge me."

5. "You must remember that there is no greater glory than giving your life for a cause that is right."

6. "It's a dangerous game you're playing ******."

7. ****** and ******* have a heart-to-heart.

8. "You have a bit of carrot in your hair. At least I hope it's carrot."

9. Reunited and it feels so good!

10. ******* goes to ****** and tells *** what ******** **** is.

boom-moo

[1055]Oct 10, 2012
    1. "Don't worry, we're safe. No harm can come to us now." - Morgana to Aithusa
    2. "*****, you have to help me." - Sefa to Gaius.
    3. Someone teases Merlin with something tasty.- No idea. The carrot?
    4. "Don't be so quick to judge me." - Morgana to Mordred
    5. "You must remember that there is no greater glory than giving your life for a cause that is right."- Morgana to Mordred
    6. "It's a dangerous game you're playing ******." Gaius to Gwen
    7. ****** and ******* have a heart-to-heart. - Arthur and Morgana
    8. "You have a bit of carrot in your hair. At least I hope it's carrot." Arthur to Merlin or viceversa.
    9. Reunited and it feels so good! - Morgana and Mordred.
    10. ******* goes to ****** and tells *** what ******** **** is. - No idea.

Klockan12

[1056]Oct 10, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    3. Someone teases Merlin with something tasty.- No idea. The carrot?

Or pudding?

boom-moo

[1057]Oct 10, 2012
    Oh yes, there's something in the trailer about pudding, isn't it? Lol, I'm so bad at this

ACDiNosey

[1058]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 28

Klockan12 wrote:
    10. ******* goes to ****** and tells *** what ******** **** is.

"Alien thing" goes to Merlin and tells him what Arthur's bane is, maybe?

boom-moo

[1059]Oct 10, 2012
    Wow, I think you are spot on again *hat off*

JanetteCassar

[1060]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 6

dinamo wrote:

ooohhhh yes that is right I had not thought of that... considering that they mentioned a prison scene I went for a cell scene and not the sewage one... but yes that is probably it...

As for the teaser of the leap of faith, I think it is more the one where in the trailer we see Merlin and Arthur jump across that crater in the ice, rather than the wagon ride