Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Series 5 spoilers thread

IceDog96

[141]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 2
    Mordred never knew Merlin as Merlin though, did he? He may have to point and go 'that's him!' Lol!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[142]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 75
    Well, Katie was talking about her new outfits. If Mordred teams up with her that doesn't mean that his outfit has to reflect the changes in hers.

And I think Mordred knows that Merlin goes by 'Merlin' even if he has always known him as Emrys.

Also please IceDog96 do not double post as it goes against the TOS. Use the drop down menu at the bottom of your posts to edit them instead. Thanks
    Edited on 04/04/2012 3:57am
    Edited 2 total times.

legend-dreamer

[143]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 13

IceDog96 wrote:
    But one of the spoilers, I think is a red herring - for Mr Vlahos, as an example, we see him in his typical green druid cloak, if M&M are supposed to be teaming up, how does that fit with Katie's description of medival cotoure?

If you are talking about this picture. It is a fan manip of Alexander Vlahos as Mordred, there are no pictures from current filming at the moment.

boom-moo

[144]Apr 4, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:
    -(April 3rd) Snow is playing merry hell with our fake snow.
    -(April 3rd) Mmm, problem, How to get snarling wolf leaping at camera.....I know, tie a chicken leg to the end of the lens....brilliant.
    -(April 2nd) Have just been howling with the wolves.
    -(April 1st) Off to play with magic wolves for 'merlin' in Wales tomorrow. Very exciting.
    Source.
    Some more:

-(April 4th) Stunning to be around the wolves. Now going to try and get out of 6 inches of snow back to Devon...not hopeful!
    -(March 28th) Visit a castle and find a fake winter scene for the filming of the Merlin tv show. I love #uk

Liviana178

[145]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 3
    It seems we finally get one episode where there's snow/winter . I'm not sure whether it will be "snowing" in Camelot, though. Perhaps the scenes with the wolves belong to a "situation" which happens in a north-lying country...

boom-moo

[146]Apr 4, 2012
    I was thinking the same, Liviana178. A snowed on Pierrefonds is too lovely but I also think that the scenes with the wolves are gonna be random forest ones *pouts*

ericsprau

[147]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 11
    boom-moo wrote:
    I was thinking the same, Liviana178. A snowed on Pierrefonds is too lovely but I also think that the scenes with the wolves are gonna be random forest ones *pouts*

They do so ever love their forest scenes.

Concerning Alexander Vlahos, he certainly looks young. I think he could believably play a 17/18 year old Mordred. His talents as an actor I'm not familiar with, but I see he was cast as a character in Crash three years ago. Generally the casting directors for that show have good taste.

Still uneasy about the possibility of a lengthy time-gap between the seasons, however.

boom-moo

[148]Apr 5, 2012
    More of a tease than anything:

*Shhh*... a sneaky Series 5 shot on location in Wales. Do you recognise those tiny figures in the distance? Source

If Merlin Official is what we should look forward to as a source for spoilers/information we are royally screwed:

Merlin fans, there will be no Merlin tweets from me this year. Feel free to un-follow and look at the official sources of news... Source.
    Edited on 04/05/2012 7:28am

Scop

[149]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 4

I think its a mistake for them to get too hush hush about everything. If no one's talking about your show, eventually no one will be talking about your show. They have to spread some tidbits around to keep the interest up. We need something to turn the motors of speculation!

If we can't speculate, we'll have to extrapolate (I think I have a piece of fairy cake here somewhere... ah yes)

The only reason I can think of for such secrecy is that the PTB don't want us to see Merlin using magic in front of Arthur while Arthur is conscience and Arthur being perfectly fine with that... which means a non season ender reveal, but a mid season one.

I'll have you know PTB, I am more excited about the eventuality of that possibility possibly occurring than I would be if I were to have no indirect lack of evidence to prove otherwisely contradictory, so THERE!

If that is the case, then hopefully the PTB have figured out that, yes, this show can continue beyond a reveal for seasons to come as long as the Even Greater Powers That Be (EGPTB a.k.a the BBC) deem Merlinnecessary to continue. All they have to do is move from one bit of angst to the next, just like people do in life anyway.

...wow, that was some fairy cake.

Edited on 04/05/2012 9:14am
    Edited 3 total times.

boom-moo

[150]Apr 5, 2012
    I have a feeling it's gonna be the last season and they want to keep plots a bit more secret than usual. If there isn't any block 1 filming at Pierrefonds this year as reported before, that'll work toward their goal... until they release very revealing promo pics like the did with 4x03.

-(April 5th) Winter wonderland! Was very cool to work with the BBCs Merlin crew and cameraman Toby Strong! -(April 5th) Incredible couple of days in Wales with wolves and 7 inches of snow!! Source.

Edited on 04/05/2012 1:00pm

ericsprau

[151]Apr 6, 2012
    Got a couple of tidbits that I don't remember seeing mentioned in your first few posts.

Concerning Morgana, Julian Murphy states in an interview with Cultbox that "I don't see Morgana getting any less powerful. She's growing into a stronger and more committed enemy than ever before." Concerning Merlin (This quote was in your initial list of spoilers, but wasn't properly cited), he adds "The stakes are becoming higher now that Arthur is king and the future of Albion is being created, there's more for Merlin to fight for and more for him to protect so as he gets older, he's tested as a character because everything in the world becomes more serious."
    Source.

A dated interview with Katie McGrath Can be found here, which contains some interesting tidbits. Two things worth noting in this interview:

When asked about the motive behind her hatred towards Gwen, Katie states "I think it's total jealousy. I don't think she really hates her. I think she's passionately jealous of her. Gwen has taken the place in the hearts of all the people Morgana wishes she had and the position that Morgana feels she should have."

When asked if she thinks Morgana has any chance of redemption before the show's finale, Katie states "Well, if you know the legend, you know that at the end of the day Morgana is the hero! Morgana heals Arthur's wounds and takes him off to Albion where he's waiting to be the wonderful future king. So really Arthur's not actually the hero, it's Morgana! So I'm assuming she'll have to have redemption, yeah!"

That's about it though. Still trolling around for tidbits of a possible Nimueh return. I'll certainly be the first to let you know if I find any!

boom-moo

[152]Apr 6, 2012
    ericsprau wrote:
    Concerning Merlin (This quote was in your initial list of spoilers, but wasn't properly cited), he adds "The stakes are becoming higher now that Arthur is king and the future of Albion is being created, there's more for Merlin to fight for and more for him to protect so as he gets older, he's tested as a character because everything in the world becomes more serious."
    Source.
    It is properly cited and sourced

boom-moo wrote:
    -Merlin has gone from reluctantly killing enemies to protect the king to becoming a much more focused, powerful and stronger wizard (as killing Agravaine and his attempt on Morgana's life prove) as he grows into the sorcerer of legend. Series 5 will take him on that journey with all the dangers and temptations that it brings. With Arthur being King and Albion already in the making there'll be more for Merlin to fight for and to protect. As he gets older, he's tested as a character because everything in the world becomes more serious (...)Source and Source.
    Edited on 04/06/2012 10:40am

ericsprau

[153]Apr 6, 2012
    Ah, my bad then. I knew I recognized the quote. At least the Katie McGrath stuff offers some possible insight into the future!

Anywho I'm off to bed now. G'night Esther!

zeencat

[154]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 10

boom-moo wrote:
    I have a feeling it's gonna be the last season and they want to keep plots a bit more secret than usual. If there isn't any block 1 filming at Pierrefonds this year as reported before, that'll work toward their goal... until they release very revealing promo pics like the did with 4x03.

_________________ -(April 5th) Winter wonderland! Was very cool to work with the BBCs Merlin crew and cameraman Toby Strong! -(April 5th) Incredible couple of days in Wales with wolves and 7 inches of snow!! Source.

I hope its not the last season. I wouldnt mind if they wrapped up the fifth season properly i.e. Merlin's magic exposed and Albion born and then went onto a new story line.

Edited on 04/09/2012 1:42pm

PenguinSuzie

[155]Apr 9, 2012
    • level: 10
    I doubt we'll see Albion bor,n but if we do I don't think we'll see them after that.

X-435

[156]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 17

not sure if you know and forgot to remove it, but the Joseph Mawle thing was fake.

Both sources you posted have nothing: http://www.simplesite.com/JosephMawle/ andhttp://cultfix.co.uk/merlin-series-5-another-returning-character-17191.htm

Edited on 04/12/2012 4:53am

boom-moo

[157]Apr 12, 2012
    Thank you, we heard I've added a note to post #2 as follows:

boom-moo wrote:
    -Joseph Mawle to return as Alvarr in eps 5x01 and 5x02: "Yes! It's exciting I know! Last time I was in it my character just disappeared and I wondered if we'd see him again, and here we are! Only the first two episodes of the series but I'm still stoked!" Source and Source ---> This information was apparently a hoax due to April Fools Source.

Call me crazy but I remain unconvinced that it was a hoax. Time will tell, I guess.

legend-dreamer

[158]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 13

I almost posted this in the UFOM, and then realized that Alex Vlahos as Mordred in Series 5 is a spoiler.

Just for general interest, Alex will be joining Bradley, Tom, Adetomiwa and Eoin as Team Merlin for the Soccer Six tournament on May 20.

Scop

[159]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 4

Great! Mordred's going to be on the field of battle with Arthur... Lovely

boom-moo

[160]Apr 13, 2012
    Unless the source especifically refers to AV as the new cast for Mordred pictures, reports and any other information from the event should be posted at the UFOM thread. Spoiler-free people have no way to guess otherwise that any other member of the team is part of the cast.

Spoilers only here so those seeking for spoilers don't have to read through news and spoiler-free info only at the UFOM so those seeking for news don't have to read spoilers. Thanks

Speculation but Liam Cunningham might have been filming for Merlin: -Been filming with the wonderful Richard Wilson. Can you believe it?
    -Flew from Dublin to Cardiff yesterday to be a corpse today. I rehearsed the scene after a few pints last night.
    -That a Game of Thrones spoiler?? Definitely not! A different job.

Apri 12th twitters Source (and Source).
    -so ur gonna be on Merlin?
    -it's not beyond the realms of speculation.
    April 15th twitters Source.

Back to the Soccer Six team, actor Ross Machin seems to play another character in series 5.

..Alexander Vlahos & Ross Machin, new characters in Series 5! Exciting stuff, can the new additions live up to the title- reigning champs?! Source.

Merlin filming wolves in Wales with wolves and fake snow pictures here and here.
    Edit: The original source (cameraman Ryan Edwards) has removed the twitters. You can see the pictures here.

Edited on 04/15/2012 1:20pm
    Edited 9 total times.