We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

The Best and Worst of "MERLIN"

LizzyGlue

[561]May 6, 2012
    • level: 20

Best for me: in Lancelot and Guinevere 2x04 when they use team work to escape and have to split up.

Worst: pretty much all the Morgana & Gwen scenes in the Hunter's heart 4x11.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

legend-dreamer

[562]May 8, 2012
    • level: 13

For me the best Morgana/Gwen moment is from 3x10, when the two friends meet in Morgana's room after Gwen has been cleared of witchcraft. Morgana is disappointed that her attempts to stop Gwen from becoming Queen have failed and Gwen doesn't know if she can trust Morgana anymore. Their relationship starts to change from this moment.

boom-moo

[563]May 9, 2012
    • level: 75
    Best their reencounter at the end of "Lancelot and Guinevere", one of the few scenes between them that feels genuinely heartful to me.

Worst, Morgana's disdain and Gwen's realization after she is sentenced to death in "Queen of Hearts".

fantasyfreak77

[564]May 10, 2012
    • level: 14
    Best: In 1x10 when they share loaded looks about Arthur not allowing the women to fight as well as the scene in 1x3 when Morgana's talking to Uther about why Gwen couldn't be a sorceress....though that's more of an Uther-Morgana scene...*shrugs* Then, of course, I loved Morgana and Gwen's little sword fight in the series 4 finale.

Worst: When Morgana manipulates Gwen into admitting her love for Arthur and into going out on that picnic with him in 3x10.

LizzyGlue

[565]May 12, 2012

This week's topic: Best and Worst Great Dragon Kilgharrah and Merlin moment in all 4 series. Enjoy!

My personal preference goes to the scene in TUP2 when the Dragon rescues Merlin from Morgause's trap in a dramatic fiery moment. The funniest for me is "Merlin, I am not a horse" in COA2.

My least favorite is in The Last Dragonlord when Kilgharrah calls Merlin's magic petty and refuses to heed his words.

Edited on 05/12/2012 9:40am

boom-moo

[566]May 13, 2012
    Best: I like the one that Carmen mentioned and also when Kilgarrah fries Agravaine's men to help Merlin & co escape. To mention something different from 'saving Merlin's life moments' I'd go with a tie between Merlin the scene where Merlin frees Kilgharrah and the one where Kilgharrah tells Merlin how to make Aithusa's egg hatch.

I also love their very first encounter (how small you are for such a great destiny, you and Arthur are two sides of the same coin, etc.)

Worst: The Dragon charring Merlin, Arthur, the knights in The Last Dragonlord, both at the the beginning and at the end of the episode.

dpebbleson

[567]May 14, 2012
    • level: 24
    My favourite Merlin & Dragon moment is when Merlin releases the Dragon, it's just so epic scene, albeit short.

My least favourite is, as Esther noted, the one when the Dragon virtually wants to kill Merlin, even though that goes against the whole destiny issue.

legend-dreamer

[568]May 14, 2012
    • level: 13
    For me the Best Kilgharrah and Merlin moment would be the hatching of the dragon egg in 4x04, where both dragon and Dragonlord shared in the joy of a new dragon being born.
    And I also agree on 2x13 as being the worst.

Scop

[569]May 15, 2012
    • level: 4

Best HAS to be when Kilgharrah saved Merlin from the Serkets. It came out of the blue as a total surprise

Worse in 1x13 when Merlin told the dragon he would never see him again and started doubting Kilgharrah's motives

fantasyfreak77

[570]May 15, 2012
    • level: 14
    Best for me is Aithusa's hatching in 4x04, and the worst is a tie between the scene in which Merlin told Kilgharrah that he'd "never see the light" in 1x13 and the "petty magic" scene in 2x13.

illegalferret

[571]May 16, 2012
    • level: 25

Best: I'm really fond of the bit in the 1st episode when the Dragon is calling to Merlin, i'm sure why i just think its a brilliant character introduction. I also agree with Scop, the Dragon bbq-ing the serkets! It's brilliant! Made me cheer when i first watched it!

Worst: Anytime when he uses Merlin for his own ends, making him chose Arthur over his mother, making Merlin set him free so that he can torch Leon and Camelot. They're meant to be a team!

boom-moo

[572]May 19, 2012
    This week's topic: Best and Worst One to One fight.

-I like the figtht of Arthur vs the Cockatrice in 1x04. The way he flips and swings the sword and the way he rolls in the ground is visually stunning to me.

-For sentimental reasons, I like that Uther fights vs the Black Knight in 1x09 to save his son's life.

But probably my favourite and most intense of all is the one of Arthur vs Uther in 2x08 (bonus points for Morgause beating Arthur in the same episode).

The worst one should be Arthur letting Uther beat him in 3x11 (cheesiest one goes to Gwen vs the really silly looking monster Lamia).

ACDiNosey

[573]May 21, 2012
    • level: 28
    I still enjoy the market fight between Arthur and Merlin in 1x01.
    I'm not keen on Lancelot's fight with the Wildoerren in 2x04.

I agree 2x08 is the most emotionally charged although I must say I also particularly enjoyed the Merlin/Nimueh fight (if a magical fight counts)

boom-moo

[574]May 21, 2012
    I agree, the market one is really enjoyable (and I love the music that goes with it).

As for magical fights, the one between Morgana and Emrys must be about the worst, all they do is blast each other away.

illegalferret

[575]May 25, 2012
    • level: 25

The fight between Arthur and Uther in The Sins of the Father is the best fight, hands down! (in my opinion ) It's tense, fierce and with that extra emotional element thrown in.

I agree with you Esther, the fights between Merlin and Morganna are bit rubbish, with all that magical power they should be able to do more than just push each other over. I'd like to see a fight like the one between Voldemort and Dumbledore in HP5!

LizzyGlue

[576]May 25, 2012

Best for me would be the fight between Arthur and Lancelot, when he's going through Arthur's training to become a knight of Camelot. I particularly like how well Arthur takes being defeated (his noble, kingly nature showing ).

Then it's Gwaine's first fight when pitted against a thug by Morgana, I like his skill and humor (and hair ) in that scene.

The worst is definitely the one between the Lamia Creature and Gwen as Esther mentioned, plus the pseudo sword fight between Gwen and Morgana at the end of S-4. They are the less convincing fights for me in the whole 4 series.

dpebbleson

[577]May 25, 2012
    My favourite fight has to be one between Arthur and Uther, given how dramatic it was, and how it was tied to the story. Simply intense.

The worst... Heh, well, some of you've mentioned those weird fights between Merlin and Morgana, which should shake mountains, but instead...

LizzyGlue

[578]May 26, 2012

Well said Danko

dpebbleson

[579]May 26, 2012
    Thanks Carmen!

Now, this week's category is Best/Worst Moral Lesson by Guinevere. We all know how Guinevere relishes in being the moral compass

Enjoy!

boom-moo

[580]May 29, 2012
    Hard topic... let's see...

My best top 3:

-2x02 The humility lesson, scolding Arthur for being rude while a guest at her home.
    -2x05 "You have a kind heart, Arthur. Never change for anyone" (after disputing his father and Catrina's taxes) and 4x05 "be true to your heart" (after hearing from him that their relationship is not appropriate).
    -3x07 Being there for them is what you do when you love someone.

My worst (so to speak) top 3:

-4x06 Gwen trying to persuade Arthur not to go alone searching for Merlin.
    -2x07 Gwen needing to persuade Arthur to stop Gaius' execution and show faith in a loyal friend (not that there's anything wrong with her advice but I wish he would have acted of his own will).
    -3x06 When Arthur is about to marry Elena Gwen tells him she will watch him grow into the king that Camelot deserves (not that I expected her to be any less noble and go down the "be true to your heart" route but still).
    Edited on 05/29/2012 12:04am