Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

The Official Merlin Character Encyclopedia Version 2.25 (4-3-2012)

pcdsa

[21]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 12
    Done, I've sent you the changes. Hope it is ok. What next?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ericsprau

[22]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 11
    I have received your proofing and will get to it in time, pcdsa.

For now, I would like you to start compiling a list of the characters I missed (Alined, Trickler, mythical creatures, etc.) that are prominent to the Series/a full episode. If a character/person only appears for a scene or two, they are not important to this list. You may also write up entries for these characters if you like.

I apologize for my absence recently. I'm having an adverse reaction to one of the medications they have me on to help with my physical condition. I'll be in and out for the next few days.

boom-moo

[23]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 75
    I think I can handle the mythical creatures if that's ok with everyone. I am a bit reluctant because English is not my mother tongue and my grammar and spelling is far from correct, my entries should need proofing, so maybe I am just doubling the job. Let me know what you think, Eric.

pcdsa

[24]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 12

I'll start compiling the important missing characters.

To be honest, I find it easier to proof read work than to start from scratch. So it would be great for boom-moo to do the mythical creatures and then I can proof them. If that is ok?

Re: Uther's kingdom (Kilgharrah's entry)

Uther is the king of Camelot. Albion is the land that unites all the kingdoms e.g. Camelot, Mercia, etc... Albion has only been referred between the Great Dragon and Merlin as the future kingdom of Arthur.

Edited on 02/11/2010 10:31am

boom-moo

[25]Feb 11, 2010
    pcdsa wrote:
    To be honest, I find it easier to proof read work than to start from scratch. So it would be great for boom-moo to do the mythical creatures and then I can proof them. If that is ok?
    It is fine with me Eric?

ericsprau

[26]Feb 12, 2010
    So noted PCDSA, I will update that entry.

boom-moo wrote:
    pcdsa wrote:
    It is fine with me Eric?

Yes, this will be fine. Now I have an inbox of proofings and updates to go through, so I'll be invisible for a while during that period.

boom-moo

[27]Feb 12, 2010
    Good then, thanks Eric

ericsprau

[28]Feb 12, 2010
    Weeeeeeee updates. Had to use an extra post and move two entries to their own post because the first one was too large. The current layout should provide plenty of breathing room for Series 3 updates.

I'm finishing up the headers right now. Like them?

ericsprau

[29]Feb 12, 2010

Headers are done.

PCDSA wrote:
    1.05 & 2.04 Lancelot (Santiago Cabrera) 1.11 Evan (Richard Riddell) - Arthur's tests 1 and 2 Series 2 Sir Leon (Rupert Young) 2.02 King Odin (Fintan McKeown) - only in one scene but important to episode also his kingdom was mentioned in 2.13 although he was not in it. 2.04 Hengist (James Cosmo) and Kendrick (Michael Nardone); Kendrick captured Morgana / Guinevere for Hengist 2.05 & 2.06 Jonas (Adam Godley) 2.09 Halig (Richard Ridings) 2.10 King Alined (David Schofield), Trickler (Kevin Eldon) and King Olaf (Mark Jones) 2.11 Alvarr (Joseph Mawle)

Would you like to do these entries as well, Esther, and then forward them off to PCDSA for proofing?

With that I think everyone has ample work to do. DPebbleson, go ahead and take Gaius as well since his entry is small. Split it into two paragraphs and feel free to add any information you feel it needs, there should be plenty of room left in the post. We'll get to proofing him after that.

Edited on 02/12/2010 3:42pm

boom-moo

[30]Feb 12, 2010
    ericsprau wrote:
    Would you like to do these entries as well, Esther, and then forward them off to PCDSA for proofing?
    Alright then And I do like the headers, it looks way more clear and it's visually nicer now
    Edited on 02/12/2010 3:58pm

ericsprau

[31]Feb 21, 2010
    FYI, I did get the PMs PCDSA. Check the pub for my latest message.

Anyone else looking for work?

boom-moo

[32]Feb 21, 2010
    I'm done with the monsters/mythical creatures and pcdsa made the entries look way nicer. Will start with the missing characters asap, I've a busy week ahead and a couple of other things pending to do as well.
    Edited on 02/21/2010 5:33am

ericsprau

[33]Feb 21, 2010

I just finished my review and repost of Morgana's entry. It's missing one reference for a character, which is marked [in brackets like so].

I've assigned PCDSA Uther's Entry.

EDIT: Character reference identified as TAUREN. Fixed. Morgana is now complete.

Edited on 02/21/2010 7:03am

dpebbleson

[34]Feb 21, 2010
    • level: 23
    ericsprau wrote:

Headers are done.

PCDSA wrote:
    1.05 & 2.04 Lancelot (Santiago Cabrera) 1.11 Evan (Richard Riddell) - Arthur's tests 1 and 2 Series 2 Sir Leon (Rupert Young) 2.02 King Odin (Fintan McKeown) - only in one scene but important to episode also his kingdom was mentioned in 2.13 although he was not in it. 2.04 Hengist (James Cosmo) and Kendrick (Michael Nardone); Kendrick captured Morgana / Guinevere for Hengist 2.05 & 2.06 Jonas (Adam Godley) 2.09 Halig (Richard Ridings) 2.10 King Alined (David Schofield), Trickler (Kevin Eldon) and King Olaf (Mark Jones) 2.11 Alvarr (Joseph Mawle)

With that I think everyone has ample work to do. DPebbleson, go ahead and take Gaius as well since his entry is small. Split it into two paragraphs and feel free to add any information you feel it needs, there should be plenty of room left in the post. We'll get to proofing him after that.

Okay, I will finish Gwen very soon and send it, I've found some reference for it, and then I'll move to Gaius.

ericsprau

[35]Feb 21, 2010
    Awesome, I thought I'd lost you when I didn't see Gwen's entry in my PM box! We're slowly but surely getting a much more accurate 'pedia...

dpebbleson

[36]Feb 21, 2010
    • level: 23
    I'm very sorry, blame it on the mortal sin - sloth I've been such a sloth these days, I started working on Gwen a week ago, but then I lost track of time due to profound and prolonged laziness But I'm going to start it very soon, actually in half an hour from now, I'll sort out Gwen entry!

ericsprau

[37]Mar 3, 2010
    Well I was MIA for a long while there myself, as you probably noticed. I'm back and sorting through the PM's now.

ericsprau

[38]Mar 11, 2010
    Updated with Monsters and Magical Creatures. The WYSIWYG is having problems ATM and there are some serious problems editing posts; something about "tag span can not have attribute style" error. Trying to work around this as I edit but it's frustrating.

Esther, can you come up with a copyright message stating all characters and accounts of the show are owned by the respective companies?

boom-moo

[39]Mar 11, 2010
    Editing old posts, especially if they contain links, is at times impossible *sigh* I know how frustrating it is, I can quote and keep adding to the spoiler entries.

ericsprau wrote:
    Esther, can you come up with a copyright message stating all characters and accounts of the show are owned by the respective companies?
    Something like wha we state in the pics game should do. How about:

(Disclaimer: No copyright infringement intended. All characters and plotlines are property of BBC and Shine Ltd.)

ericsprau

[40]Mar 12, 2010
    It's a known issue with the WYSIWYG. Seth from programming responded to me over on the tech support forum, while also flaunting his magical formatting which oddly works for him. Maybe he didn't use the WYSIWYG though. In any case, any changes made to original formatting of text causes problems. For now, only un-altered text can be posted, which, yes, means posts containing such text can NOT be edited currently.