Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

The Official Merlin Character Encyclopedia Version 2.25 (4-3-2012)

boom-moo

[41]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 75
    Thanks Eric I noticed it just affects posts with the old formatting and I hope they fix it soon cause I'd really like to keep the Spoilers thread running like I did the last year now that filming has started *is pissed off*

Thanks for adding the magical creatures, I've sent pcdsa some of the missing characters for editing, will keep working on the rest
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ericsprau

[42]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 11

Yes, it's a very annoying bug. The missing characters I will add in alphabetical order to the other lists. I may need you to delete your first post so I can have my post after that freed up for new characters. I will let you know if that happens, which I'm sure it eventually will. Especially once Series 3 starts.

boom-moo

[43]Mar 14, 2010
    No problem, I will delete as many as needed

ericsprau

[44]Mar 31, 2010

I have discovered another error on the forums here; the Pedia entries are so large that in certain browsers, posts are hidden "behind" the forefront of the website (all you see is either a solid gray or white area). I am submitting this to Tech Support ASAP.

The following updates will be posted as soon as my sister's wedding is done with (the weekend of April 17th/18th) and I have more time:

8 missing characters submitted by PCDSA that Esther wrote up.

Gwen's proofing.

Uther's proofing.

ericsprau

[45]Apr 11, 2010

Just a short update here:

I will be busy most of this week working on my Disability case, preparing for my older sister's wedding, and applying for my license and HUD. Currently I am backlogged on missing characters; for the time being, please refrain from submitting further editing UNLESS it is a missing character/creature. I will resume work on the pedia the week after this week until I leave in late April.

Thank you!

ericsprau

[46]Sep 25, 2010
    To all readers:
    We are missing Alvarr and Lancelot, yes.

Contributors:
    Start making notes on new characters and creatures. I want to try and have the 'Pedia updated every 4 episodes. I am also going to split Morgana's entry into two sometime; hero (pre-season 3) and villain (post-season 2).

dpebbleson

[47]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 23
    Okay, Eric. If it's okay I'll take the goblin and Morgana: I will expand the article on her regarding Season 3 and send it to you after the fourth episode so you can split it.

boom-moo

[48]Sep 26, 2010
    ericsprau wrote:
    To all readers:
    We are missing Alvarr and Lancelot, yes.
    I saved all the characters I wrote about so I have Alvarr's one. I'll ask pcdsa if she has the proofing on my writing. If she doesn't, I'll send you my version via pm.

pcdsa

[49]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 12

I've done the proofing of Alvarr and have sent it to Eric.

boom-moo

[50]Sep 27, 2010
    Thank you, pcdsa

ericsprau

[51]Oct 16, 2010
    pcdsa wrote:

I've done the proofing of Alvarr and have sent it to Eric.

Got it. Working on it now along with the Goblin and Morgana Series 3 entries.

dpebbleson wrote:
    Okay, Eric. If it's okay I'll take the goblin and Morgana: I will expand the article on her regarding Season 3 and send it to you after the fourth episode so you can split it.

Go ahead and send me an additional paragraph for 3x04 - The Crystal Cave in Morgana's entry. I got the other two and they should be up by Monday, CDT (GMT -5)

dpebbleson

[52]Oct 16, 2010
    ericsprau wrote:

Go ahead and send me an additional paragraph for 3x04 - The Crystal Cave in Morgana's entry. I got the other two and they should be up by Monday, CDT (GMT -5)

Will do, Eric! I'll send it by tomorrow evening.

ericsprau

[53]Oct 16, 2010
    dpebbleson wrote:
    ericsprau wrote:

Will do, Eric! I'll send it by tomorrow evening.

I added the bit from "The Crystal Cave" about Uther stating she is his daughter. So just write up the rest and I'll integrate it somehow.

I need a small update on Geoffrey of Monmouth concerning his appearance in "Goblin's Gold." If I manage to find some time I could write it up myself, but right now this is up for grabs. Whoever wants it can have it.

Second, I need a volunteer to go re-watch the Lancelot eps and submit a full entry for him. I simply don't have the time to do it, and boom doesn't like him much (I don't personally either) so I'd rather have someone who isn't biased against him write it up.

Next, does anyone know who voiced the Goblin? I'd like to give proper credit to the voice actor.

I also need entries for Gwaine, Dagger, and that other thug (I forget his name) from 3x04, "Gwaine". For Dagger and his cohorts entry, I would like it to be a merged entry, and it would be really helpful if it started like this:

:
    "Dagger (portrayed by _____) and 'Other Thug' (portrayed by ______) are part of a team of thugs/brigands/barbarians/term of choice (lol, take your pick) that get ruffed up by Gwaine, Arthur, and Merlin in a brawl in a small village in Camelot."

So yea, just start it like that and then take it off from there. Since the two of them operate as a team it's just easier to condense their entries. Plus it saves space.
    Edited on 10/16/2010 6:30am
    Edited 2 total times.

ACDiNosey

[54]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 28
    ericsprau wrote:
    Next, does anyone know who voiced the Goblin? I'd like to give proper credit to the voice actor.

Yes, it's Mark Williams.

ericsprau

[55]Oct 16, 2010
    ACDiNosey wrote:
    ericsprau wrote:

Yes, it's Mark Williams.

Many thanks, AC! It's rare seeing people around this time of day to chat with. I'm adding the updated entries now, so your name will be on the credits shortly.

Oh, one final thing. Cenred needs an entry as well. This ones up for grabs at the moment.
    Edited on 10/16/2010 6:55am
    Edited 2 total times.

dpebbleson

[56]Oct 16, 2010
    Lancelot-fans here are pretty rare. I'm not a fan myself, but have nothing against the character, so I don't think I'm biased. If it's okay with others, I'm willing to write an entry about him.

Unless pcdsa objects because I know how much she likes - no! - loves Lancelot...

ericsprau

[57]Oct 16, 2010
    dpebbleson wrote:
    Lancelot-fans here are pretty rare. I'm not a fan myself, but have nothing against the character, so I don't think I'm biased. If it's okay with others, I'm willing to write an entry about him.

Unless pcdsa objects because I know how much she likes - no! - loves Lancelot...

You know, that is EXACTLY what I just suggested to Esther in PM! You two can argue over it, as long as it produces a complete entry at the end of the brawl.

Alright, so I know that last big post got confusing fast. Here is a CONDENSED list of what I need.

I need full entries for the following characters; Cenred (AC's got this), Lancelot (Danko/Sarah are gonna duke it out for this one lol), Dagger and his partner, and Gwaine.

I need updates to the following entries; Morgana (Danko, this is all you), Geoffrey of Monmouth, Arthur, Uther, Merlin, Gaius, Gwen, Kilgharrah, and Morgause.

Once again, Esther, you're free to pick and choose, as are you Danko. Esther, I still need post 9 (your first post after the last 'Pedia entry) deleted also, since I've already had to move a couple entries down one post due to today's update.

boom-moo

[58]Oct 16, 2010
    ericsprau wrote:
    Esther, I still need post 9 (your first post after the last 'Pedia entry) deleted also, since I've already had to move a couple entries down one post due to today's update.
    I'll remove it rightaway!

dpebbleson

[59]Oct 16, 2010
    Okay, Eric, so this is the list of to-does for me:

1) Expand Morgana's entry

2) Write Lancelot's entry (actually I'm gonna struggle with pcdsa here, not Sarah (illegalferret) - and it'll be quite a different struggle than you can imagine, Eric ; ) )

3) If other's don't mind I'll update Gaius (since I updated his entry last time) and Morgause. If any are left after the picking I volunteer to update them, but after I finish with these entries, which is gonna take some time, considering my laziness.

ACDiNosey

[60]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 28
    Well, same here, I'm not fussy and happy to update any that remain, so feel free to send something my way once I'm done with Cenred.