Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

The Official Merlin Character Encyclopedia Version 2.25 (4-3-2012)

boom-moo

[101]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 75
    Ok then, gotcha Let me know then when you check if you need me to resend.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ericsprau

[102]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 11
    I have them from when PCDSA originally submitted them, Esther. The list is updated to reflect this. Isn't the new formatting all pretty-like as I promised?

Danko, do you still want Morgana and Morgause? You had originally opted to do them. If you only wish to do some of their episodes that's fine, let me know and I will split the entry for them on the list to reflect that you are only doing some of them.

Lizzy, since you elected to do Gwaine in your reply to me yesterday the list is updated to reflect this. Let me know what you think of doing Elyan also, since they are in most of the same episodes together.

Also, as of this post I am no longer going to update the original post of the master list found on the previous page. Please check the first post of the topic for the most up to date information on everything. That is the one I will be maintaining and updating, as it is easier to find in that location and doesn't require digging through old posts.
    Edited on 04/03/2012 3:56am
    Edited 2 total times.

boom-moo

[103]Apr 3, 2012
    Why the "spoilers" warning in the title?

ericsprau

[104]Apr 3, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:

I know it should be a given, but after being on certain forums for such a long time I found out that even in obvious cases not marking spoilers is a real easy way to get suspended. I'm just covering my butt, so to speak.

For the sake of simplicity, I am also gonna stick the submission guidelines here as future reference, and link to this post in the first one since it's too large to fit on that post itself.

The rules for submissions are as follows:

1. Before starting any new updates, leave a post here telling everyone who you are working and which episodes you will be covering. You are certainly free to do all the updates for a given character, but please be clear about it either way. This will ensure that the same two people are not working on the same updates simultaneously. Once an update has been chosen by someone, it will be tagged with their name and the status will be updated to "compiling" to indicate as such.

2. Once an update has been chosen and the person choosing to do so posts here, anyone is free to request to proofread that update before it is submitted to me. This is not required, as I don't mind proofing the updates myself before adding them. If you do so choose to proof an update before final submission, quote the original post in which the update was chosen and state your intent to do so. I will update the master list to reflect this by updating the tag to include the name of the proofer.

3. If your update is chosen to be proofread before final submission, PM me when you send it off to the next person for proofing. I will change the status of the update from "pending" to "proofing" to indicate as such.

4. Once the entry is ready for final submission, please submit it via PM to me with a subject line that includes the characters/creatures name and which episodes the update includes. I will change the status of the update on the master list from "pending/proofing" to "submitted" to indicate as such.

5. Once I have proofed, formatted, and added the submission, the update will be removed from the master list to indicate completion.
    Edited on 04/03/2012 4:06am

boom-moo

[105]Apr 3, 2012
    ericsprau wrote:
    boom-moo wrote:

I know it should be a given, but after being on certain forums for such a long time I found out that even in obvious cases not marking spoilers is a real easy way to get suspended. I'm just covering my butt, so to speak.
    I'd appreciate if you remove it because as per the forum rules it's perfectly clear that Spoilers are only allowed at the Spoilers thread. I think it's unnecessary and misleading since the Pedia is a safe thread for spoiler free people. Thanks

ericsprau

[106]Apr 3, 2012
    I just thought that since the US is behind the UK in when the episode airs (SyFy is still only partway through Season 4) it might be a good thing to do, but if I have your OK that's fine. It's removed.

boom-moo

[107]Apr 3, 2012
    You have my ok indeed Once an episode has aired in the UK it is not considered a spoiler any longer. Otherwise, all episode discussion threads, character threads and pretty much 90% of the forum information would be spoiler-filled. Due to certain 'events' the forum was recently checked out by the mods and the staff and it is fine and well under the TOS.

Thank you
    Edited on 04/03/2012 4:49am

ericsprau

[108]Apr 3, 2012
    Okie dokie. Nothing to do here now but wait for other people to check the topic and start electing to fill in entires...

ACDiNosey

[109]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 28
    Eric,
    I've sent you the text about Evoric months ago. Unfortunately I haven't kept a copy, and I'm not willing to rewrite it, given the work has been done and I have other things on my mind at the moment.

dpebbleson

[110]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 23
    Eric,

I will do Morgana and Morgause, as I intended to do. I'm busy these days but will carefully read the above to suit the needs of the Pedia.

ericsprau

[111]Apr 3, 2012
    ACDiNosey wrote:
    Eric,
    I've sent you the text about Evoric months ago. Unfortunately I haven't kept a copy, and I'm not willing to rewrite it, given the work has been done and I have other things on my mind at the moment.

I did get the entry for 3x09, Love in the Time of Dragons. Still need that other episode though, and I'm gonna check to see if he appears in any earlier episodes as well. I will leave his other entries unmarked, then.

dpebbleson wrote:
    Eric,

I will do Morgana and Morgause, as I intended to do. I'm busy these days but will carefully read the above to suit the needs of the Pedia.

Alright, I will make note of it on the list.

I'm going to start proofing everything that has already been added and touch it up so it reads better before conversion to PDF. This is going to take the bulk of my time, but to make it easier I will be proofing all entries a little more thoroughly as they came in from now on. I already did some touch up to Morgana's entry seeing as I had to merge her anyway.

LizzyGlue

[112]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 20

ericsprau wrote:
    Lizzy, since you elected to do Gwaine in your reply to me yesterday the list is updated to reflect this. Let me know what you think of doing Elyan also, since they are in most of the same episodes together.
    I'd rather stick with just Gwaine because of my crazy schedule. I don't want to promise Elyan and fail to deliver.

ericsprau

[113]Apr 5, 2012
    Sure thing, Lizzy. If you still feel up to doing some work after finishing Gwaine just let me know.