Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

United Fans of Merlin (Join the Magic!)

  • Avatar of pcdsa

    pcdsa

    [2301]Jan 9, 2012
    • member since: 01/03/10
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,558
    What is happening with the Best and Worst Thread in that are we going to have a weekly topic and if so who are going to propose them?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [2302]Jan 9, 2012
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    pcdsa wrote:
    What is happening with the Best and Worst Thread in that are we going to have a weekly topic and if so who are going to propose them?
    Did we reach an agreement on what to do about it? I think we welcomed the idea of using old topics by applying them to series 4. I just proposed a new one to start over again, seeing as the maintenance has delayed it by a couple of days.

    Anyway, what do you suggest?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pcdsa

    pcdsa

    [2303]Jan 9, 2012
    • member since: 01/03/10
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,558

    Yes we agreed to revisit topics for S4. But some topics were proposed pre S3. So those could now cover both S3 and S4. We didn't decide how it would work with the themed rewatch though. Not sure how best to run it. If the person running the cycle proposes weekly topics it seem a lot of work for them to do. We could ask for volunteers every week? Or go in order of the rewatch list of people to propose topic every week but I think you wanted to avoid reminding people? So really don't know what is best :

    Edited on 01/09/2012 12:07pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [2304]Jan 9, 2012
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    pcdsa wrote:
    Yes we agreed to revisit topics for S4. But some topics were proposed pre S3. So those could now cover both S3 and S4.
    True, old topics can always be revisited applying to any number of seasons, either 4, 3&4 and 1 to 4.

    pcdsa wrote:
    Not sure how best to run it. If the person running the cycle proposes weekly topics it seem a lot of work for them to do. We could ask for volunteers every week? Or go in order of the rewatch list of people to propose topic every week but I think you wanted to avoid reminding people? So really don't know what is best
    I'd say we go in order of the rewatch thread. Those in the list are supposed to be committed enough to follow the forum recurrently and in any case, we can go by the rule that we applied to the rewatch last hiatus and have everyone in the list pm the following person to keep the chain going without me being on top of everything. Also, anyone can volunteer any time to propose a new topic just by posting that they've thought of something nice to discuss. They can post the next Saturday and then we go back to the rewatch list.

    It's not perfect and there's room for confusion but the cyclic rewatch complicates things up a bit but I think we will manage
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pcdsa

    pcdsa

    [2305]Jan 9, 2012
    • member since: 01/03/10
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,558
    Sounds good to me
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of legend-dreamer

    legend-dreamer

    [2306]Jan 9, 2012
    • member since: 10/02/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,468

    Just making sure I understand how the Best and Worst thread will be done, because I am doing Cycle 6 I would then choose a topic for week 6.


    It works for me.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [2307]Jan 9, 2012
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    legend-dreamer wrote:

    Just making sure I understand how the Best and Worst thread will be done, because I am doing Cycle 6 I would then choose a topic for week 6.


    It works for me.

    You get to choose a topic for week 6 but week 6 doesn't fall on Cycle 6 It's the 6th Saturday starting counting from last one. I think it's Feb 11th during the 3rd week of Cycle 2 "Merlin and his destiny (Merlin and Arthur").
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LizzyGlue

    LizzyGlue

    [2308]Jan 9, 2012
    • member since: 12/05/10
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 4,733

    Merlin rewatch - Best/worst schedule (Image)


    Merlin rewatch - Best/worst schedule (text)


    BM, I could not keep an easy to read format when I tried to post the text.


    EDIT: The files and links have been corrected

    Edited on 01/10/2012 1:12pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of West3rd

    West3rd

    [2309]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 08/25/10
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,030

    Small snippet about S5 Here

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [2310]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    Thanks Carmen That should be helpful for those who are still confused but everyone has to take into account that the best/worst schedule is not fixed as anyone not in the rewatch list can volunteer to propose a topic.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of legend-dreamer

    legend-dreamer

    [2311]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 10/02/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,468

    Thanks Carmen.


    Just one small error I noticed (AC's turn for Merlin/Morgana is March 3-16, and Illegallferrets turn for Uther/Morgana is March 17-April 13.) You have AC doing Illegalferrets's Uther/Morgana March 17-31, and Illegalferret as just April 7-13.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [2312]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    I pasted the schedule into post #1 of the Cycle 1 rewatch thread for easy access as I knew it'd get buried here
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LizzyGlue

    LizzyGlue

    [2313]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 12/05/10
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 4,733

    You are both welcome.


    legend-dreamer wrote:
    Thanks Carmen.


    Just one small error I noticed (AC's turn for Merlin/Morgana is March 3-16, and Illegallferrets turn for Uther/Morgana is March 17-April 13.) You have AC doing Illegalferrets's Uther/Morgana March 17-31, and Illegalferret as just April 7-13.

    Thanks It's now corrected and my post # 2308 has been edited. Sorry about that, I got home late and started the list even later


    BM, How are we to know when to post in the B/W category. We just wait to see if someone's posted a category before posting? Do we just post if we are inspired and skip if we are not? Is it ok if more than one category gets posted during one week ( one by a rewatch user and one by a volunteer) in the same week? It'll just keep things lively if anyone who has an original category to suggest would volunteer

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [2314]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    LizzyGlue wrote:

    BM, How are we to know when to post in the B/W category. We just wait to see if someone's posted a category before posting? Do we just post if we are inspired and skip if we are not? Is it ok if more than one category gets posted during one week ( one by a rewatch user and one by a volunteer) in the same week? It'll just keep things lively if anyone who has an original category to suggest would volunteer

    As per my post #2304: "I'd say we go in order of the rewatch thread. Those in the list are supposed to be committed enough to follow the forum recurrently and in any case, we can go by the rule that we applied to the rewatch last hiatus and have everyone in the list pm the following person to keep the chain going without me being on top of everything. Also, anyone can volunteer any time to propose a new topic just by posting that they've thought of something nice to discuss. They can post the next Saturday and then we go back to the rewatch list."

    You should be reminded via pm when your turn is by the person before you in the rewatch list. New categories are proposed every Saturday. Now, if anyone volunteers they can take the next Saturday slot and we revert back to the list after that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [2315]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644
    Does this all mean I'm the one to post a new category this Saturday? I'm perfectly okay with it, and would love to, just wouldn't want to take anyone's place.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [2316]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    That's it, DaNko. I will pm you on Thursday or so just in case
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [2317]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644
    boom-moo wrote:
    That's it, DaNko. I will pm you on Thursday or so just in case


    Thanks, and don't worry, will remember
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LizzyGlue

    LizzyGlue

    [2318]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 12/05/10
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 4,733

    boom-moo wrote:
    As per my post #2304: "I'd say we go in order of the rewatch thread. Those in the list are supposed to be committed enough to follow the forum recurrently and in any case, we can go by the rule that we applied to the rewatch last hiatus and have everyone in the list pm the following person to keep the chain going without me being on top of everything. Also, anyone can volunteer any time to propose a new topic just by posting that they've thought of something nice to discuss. They can post the next Saturday and then we go back to the rewatch list."
    Lol, Esther I had so totally forgot that part of your old post I'm good now.


    boom-moo wrote:
    You should be reminded via pm when your turn is by the person before you in the rewatch list. New categories are proposed every Saturday. Now, if anyone volunteers they can take the next Saturday slot and we revert back to the list after that.
    If I PM you who's next after me (on a Thursday) and you get replaced by a volunteer (on the Friday), the volunteer does not PM you after that, but I have to re-send you a PM because I'm before you in the list (as if it were necessary to remind you? ).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boom-moo

    boom-moo

    [2319]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 75
    • rank: Rowdy Roddy Piper
    • posts: 135,676
    LizzyGlue wrote:
    If I PM you who's next after me (on a Thursday) and you get replaced by a volunteer (on the Friday), the volunteer does not PM you after that, but I have to re-send you a PM because I'm before you in the list (as if it were necessary to remind you? ).
    Exactly I know it sounds hard to remember but we used this system during the past hiatus and it worked fine. Most people actually stayed on top of things and wouldn't have needed the reminder, which was great realizing. I doubt we will get many random volunteers to post best/worst topics so we should be fine keeping track of turns.

    _______________

    Bradley looking good here and here.

    ______________

    Colin and Bradley attended a Hamlet production starring Michael Sheen at the Young Vic in Southwark/London on January 12th, 2012. Some pics here.

    ______________

    Super high-res of the Gay Times Mag cover with Eoin, Rupert and Tom Hopper here.

    Edited on 01/13/2012 7:45pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [2320]Jan 14, 2012
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644

    I haven't forgotten about Agravaine's thread, and will open it during the day, I intended to do it in the morning, but some obligations have prevented me. But it will be by the end of the day, I can promise that.


    Edited to add: I've opened the thread, enjoy voting!

    Edited on 01/14/2012 7:11am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.